Everything was OK until I realized that I do not have any affiliate

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Bernarda, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Bernarda

Bernarda New Member

Hello everybody. I'm new here, as I am new to the Work From Home world. I used to think it was all a big lie, when my friend sent me a link which I found interesting. It was one month ago when I registered with SFI (you are all longer in this kind of business than I am, so I suppose you know for SFI), and very soon I became very optimistic. It's not only interesting, with many various tasks to complete, also it seems to be really profitable. The last thing I left to investigate was how to get affiliates. Until this moment I wasn't worried, I thought about more than 2.000.000.000 people around the world using Internet, and big chance to find same people as I am. But now I'm stuck, I don't know where are they. :( I saw that people find more people every day, even few hundred of affiliates a day! Where?!
    payment proof likes this.
  2. Bernarda

Bernarda New Member

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

It takes a lot of promotion and some hard work to get things off the ground. Starting with a good website or blog may be step 1. After creating that, you need to get out there and spread the word. Learning a bit about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is probably a good idea too.

Good luck :)
    Bernarda likes this.
  4. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Getting found in the search engines is important. Also having a good presence on social media is very helpful.
    Bernarda and payment proof like this.
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, Bernarda. I think the better question to ask is "how?"

While knowing where to go to find affiliates is important, when you get there, you still need to know what to do next to interest prospects in your program. That will require knowing how! Depending on where you look, your strategy will be different.

Example:

Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, forums, articles, solo ads, squeeze pages, blogging and banners, are just some of the tools that can be used to drive traffic. But each requires its own particular strategy to be effective. Pick one. Read and study as much as you can about the best ways to use it for marketing and promotion. Then put what you learn to work until you begin to see results. When you're comfortable with that, pick another one and repeat the process. And so on.​

Eventually the cumulative effect of all those tools working for you could result in hundreds of affiliates a day... or more, coming your way.

Hermas
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    payment proof and Bernarda like this.
  6. Laurian

Laurian New Member

Hello everybody, I am new to this place and I found that I could make a contribution to the thread. Please help me if I am not doing it the right way.

I am also there, the good thing with them is that they have an extensive training program.
    If you read and apply you will definitely build your downline. I started with Free Classified Ads sites and Traffic Exchanges and I managed to get a few hundreds. But as it has been pointed above,

"It takes a lot of promotion and some hard work to get things off the ground".

You have to advertize everyday and at the best times of the day, consistently and persistently. Use social media, they help. Finally learn how to blog and/or get your own website.

Those you saw getting hundreds a day do get them by joining a special program where you have to pay a monthly fee or by buying from the Auction.
    Bernarda likes this.
  7. Bernarda

Bernarda New Member

Thank you, people, very much for your answers. I didn't want just to be polite, really liked them. And if I could, I would like the last one twice! It's written by hand of a great teacher!

By the way, I just got my first affiliate!
    payment proof likes this.
  8. Keith Eastman

Keith Eastman New Member

I have been involved with many affiliate programs and I have reviewed SFI and its a good program but you need to have perservance. Being able to network online is a great way to get started, and developing a website telling people about your story will also help you get affiliates to sign up under you. One thing that people need to remember is that people want to join people and want to know the person behind the biz. Its not just about the business, but about people.
    Bernarda likes this.
  9. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Congratulations Bernarda!

Way to go! (y)
    Bernarda likes this.
  10. Amwarner

Amwarner New Member

I too, last year when I started blogging on my other site, wanted to get affiliates to sell certain products I had. I contacted this one person that was a master affiliate marketer and was told that it would be difficult for a newbie to get affiliates because they're not known and don't have a presence or anything yet.

They don't want to risk their reputations they spent so many years building up promoting something that's not good.

What I suggest is to make yourself be known. Build relationships with people and form friendships. It may take a little time but it certainly is worth it.
    payment proof and Bernarda like this.