Ezine Articles??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have almost 200 articles on EzineArticles and have never had a problem submitting them before. I haven't written a whole lot of articles in the last few months so has something changed over there? I am using the same method of writing that I always have with them, and now I have links that aren't "content rich" or I have the same keyword in the title as in the first paragraph... just a tad frustrating... am I alone in this, or am I just behind times cause I took a few months off? [IMG]
  2. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

It happened to me too and they offered some silly reason for rejection. Since then I have stopped submitting to them.

It appears that the recent Google update has affected them seriously and they seem to have got over cautious now.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

4. aniket New Member

My first article itself got rejected.... [IMG] ......

My niche is very comepetitive and i hate doing keyword research for it....

so i m trying all tarffic building strategies except ranking in google..

Regards
    Aniket
  5. It now seems to be hard submitting articles to Ezine Articles and for those articles to rank in google. [IMG]

It may be worth the time submitting the articles, as long as they are published on other websites.

I have 100's of articles published, but don't spend a lot of time on them now.
  6. PeterFrosen New Member

I know since the last big Google Panda update (which was in July I believe) many sites changed the way the accept links and such.

For Ezine, they definitely do not accept anymore affiliate links and that the landing page can't be full of promotions.

For hubpages they won't allow any page that has any affiliate products or even an opt-in form (ruined a lot of people's business)

I think that I will focus more on my site from now on and less on those directories and that I shouldn't be putting all my eggs in one basket anymore.
  7. hotboy18 New Member

It is definitely more difficult now submit articles to sites such as Ezine because of the Google update and my article are becoming less effective than before. My view counts have decreased greatly so I find other valuable site to submit my articles to.
  8. webgenie New Member

Okay, I think I am confused. It sounds like what you are all talking about is actually writing an article. Ezine had an "Ezine Ads Special" where it looks like you can advertise/promote a 5 line ad to a "group." Has anyone used this form of advertising?
  9. happywife Gold Member

Ezinearticles, Hub pages, and some of the other big article directories were hit hard by Google's various Panda updates. I think the last one was in mid October (and there will probably be more in the offing).

In the long run, it's always going to be the most beneficial to add unique content to your own website than to be adding content to someone else's. It's not that your website can't be hit with an algorithm change (because they can - some of mine were), but at least you still own all of your work and can make any desired changes and continue on.

Hope you are able to bounce back from this setback and become more successful than ever.

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. PeterFrosen New Member

If anyone wants they can message me and I can give them a guide someone I know wrote about getting platinum status on Ezine.

no affiliate link or any kind of royaltees from it, just wanna help out [IMG]
  11. annalaurab New Member

It is harder but it still works. The key I've noticed is to use their article title suggestion tool and to put personal experiences into your articles.
  12. mogulmedia New Member

I haven't submitted to them for at least a year so they probably have changed their submission rules but they can be awkward when they want to be!

I imagine they are trying to work out how they can get back in bed with Google after they dropped most of their content from search results. Maybe that is making them more strict?