Facebook and Twitter

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by SoMuchEnergy, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SoMuchEnergy New Member

Do you use both (if any)? I am currently on facebook, but not twitter. I can't really figure out what role it would play in building my business...probably because I don't know much about it. If you use it, how beneficial has it been for your business? If you don't, why not?
  2. SoMuchEnergy New Member

Ok so by the time this post was actually approved, I created a twitter account. Still not sure what to do with it...
  3. tmorrison Member

I enjoy using facebook. It has generated some quality leads for my business. I have made connections that count.
  4. talfighel Silver Member

They can both work OK for you.

One warning:

Never buy into those programs that promise you to teach you how to get 100's and 1000's of followers per day to your Twitter account.
  5. Angelheart New Member

What good is a fan on Facebook or a follower on Twitter if that person never becomes a good quality lead? If you can transition your fanpage to a lead generation designing the right welcome tab then you got yourself a lead or a business partner for life, as you create more value to helping them with their business.
  6. RICH4NURICHE New Member

Facebook is the way to go. There are features on FB that Twitter does'nt have therefore making Twitter very limited. FB is also evolving with programs for it. Just check out my fan page from my signature. This page i made with no knowledge of programming. I have changes in the future to make improvements as features are added to the fan page engine.
  7. katereber New Member

I used facebook than twitter, Im enjoying this site, friendly user and lots of things we can post on it.. But all social network have their own advantage and disadvantage..
  8. annalaurab New Member

Facebook is better than twitter although they can all work for you. The main key is to create targeted content and a targeted following. You must have a well created plan and then follow it. I offer a whole training on this with my free kit offered below.
  9. katereber New Member

Are you promoting your business by facebook? How can I do it?
    Anyone?
  10. emilyathome New Member

I would also like to know I have started using my facebook to try and promote my business but I don't think I am doing it right or what I am doing isn't making that big of an impact. Is it enough to post updates and specials and send out messages to all those on my list?? Is there any other way I can use facebook to my advantage??
  11. FreeCashMan Active Member

One reason for having a Facebook and Twitter account is to just increase your online presence. One of the keys to successful online marketing is to just have a presence in key areas of where many people are that would be targeted prospects for your business.

With Facebook, and Twitter, you can essentially go out and connect with people. I see them as a way to build a list in reverse. In other words you connect on the friendship theme and then by posting you are able to share your opportunity/product/service.

If you are sharing other good tips on things people will stay tuned into more of what you post.

Additionally, some autoresponders and blog posting services let one post automatically to Facebook and Twitter. That type of automation has allowed me to post steadily to my accounts with ease. This particularly is good for me for Twitter, because I rarely even do anything with Twitter, but that's me other people love it, so it gives them away to connect with me if they so chose.

Bottom line Facebook and Twitter is where people are that may take an interest in what you offer so having some sort of presence there if you are doing online marketing makes sense.
    Barry Wark likes this.
  12. katereber New Member

FreeCashMan: With Facebook, and Twitter, you can essentially go out and connect with people. I see them as a way to build a list in reverse. In other words you connect on the friendship theme and then by posting you are able to share your opportunity/product/service.
    You're right, social network has a lot of opportunity. Especially when it comes to business, having a many friends on facebook and twitter is one of the way to introduce yourself and your business.
    Facebook and twitter is also a way to communicate with our family.
    It is very useful and helpful to us.
    Good day. [IMG]
  13. Cesar Fasano New Member

While you can advertise on Facebook, I feel the best way to use these social platforms is to share valuable content. It can be your personal content as well as others.

As someone mentioned already, don't buy any of those programs that promise you thousands of friends, fans and followers.

It doesn't matter how many friends/fans/followers you have if no one is listening to what you have to say.

What's very hot about social media is the interaction! Focus on building relationships of mutual beneftis...

Know your audience. Give value.

Good Luck!

Tip: A great way to start building your audience is to get involved in group and fan pages of authors, books, public figures that you study. That's where you find a lot of people who are like minded and might want to know more about what you do.
  14. katereber New Member

Cesar Fasano: Tip: A great way to start building your audience is to get involved in group and fan pages of authors, books, public figures that you study. That's where you find a lot of people who are like minded and might want to know more about what you do.

Thanks for sharing us your tip,, really helpful..
    Good day to you.
  15. Cesar Fasano New Member

katereber: Thanks for sharing us your tip,, really helpful..
    Good day to you.
    You're welcome Kate!

Another tip: a lot of network marketers spend a lot of time in adding people who look to be like minded...That could work if you don't pitch them your opportunity and focus on building the relationship first.

BUT...

What if...you could attract people to you instead of adding them first?

Here's what I've found: As long as you lead with value, this IS possible in Facebook. Once you get in groups and fan pages of authors that you study, interact with those communities.

How? For example, let's take Robert Kiyosaki. He's very active in Facebook and he's always updating his status with valuable lessons...Just be part of the conversation. If you add your own opinion based on what he is saying, you'll get many "likes" and therefore some people will add you to their friends list!

It's that simple. From there, you can build a relationship around the topic you added value to and at the same time stay loyal to the principle of: "Becoming the hunted instead of the hunter"

cheers!
  16. ThePhoenix New Member

Facebook and Twiter do not require an extensive amount of time to run, so there is no harm in doing it. Sometimes the smallest investments can pay off big!
  17. LadyK New Member

SoMuchEnergy
    I use both. Facebook is has more benefits. Basically, these sites are used to have a presence for your business. You can advertise way more on facebook with youtube clips or pictures. I think for twitter you have to go into different forums to have a presence on there.
  18. Takuyah New Member

Cesar Fasano: Here's what I've found: As long as you lead with value, this IS possible in Facebook. Once you get in groups and fan pages of authors that you study, interact with those communities.

How? For example, let's take Robert Kiyosaki. He's very active in Facebook and he's always updating his status with valuable lessons...Just be part of the conversation. If you add your own opinion based on what he is saying, you'll get many "likes" and therefore some people will add you to their friends list!

It's that simple. From there, you can build a relationship around the topic you added value to and at the same time stay loyal to the principle of: "Becoming the hunted instead of the hunter"
    Thanks for the tip![IMG]
  19. mbasa Member

I have a twitter account but I'm not generating traffic from it. I need to learn more about this marketing method because I have quite a number of followers who never click on any of my links.
  20. needs2stop New Member

Facebook and twitter are being exploited the same way myspace was back in the day. The social networking part of it draw in lots of people, true. But eventually all the online marketing, solicitations and spamming will slowly turn people off. Then eventually the next social networking incarnation will come about and people will move on to that. But then eventually they'll bring their scams and businesses with them and continue to pollute the social networking world with their marketing ploys for haucking their lotions and potions.