Facebook?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by happygal, Dec 21, 2011.

1. happygal

happygal Member

I'd love to take a look at how some of you are engaging with your readers/buyers/customers/etc. on Facebook. While I have used Facebook successfully for a variety of other ventures, I am just not getting the time to dig in for my survey/cash back shopping communications.

How about you?
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I don't use Facebook to do any type of business. I personally like PAID advertising because it gets RESULTS for me.
  3. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

Develop relationships, use the facebook chat and get to know people. Find out their problems and offer solutions and use a fan page.
  4. lilybryen

lilybryen New Member

We use Facebook as a marketing tool though a fan page and find it very useful. I do think it can be over used though. There needs to be a balance.
  5. mbasa

mbasa Member

I use fan pages for business purposes while my personal facebook profile is to foster personal relationships. I do invite some of my friends to like my pages though.
  6. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

The general methods used is getting a fanpage, buying some likes on fiverr and then using facebook ads to get more people to like your page.

Beware though: it is cost per impression so the more you narrow down your audience the more money you save and make.
  7. I have quite a few facebook pages which generate a lot of traffic. I use these pages as just one of many traffic generation methods.

Please be aware that Facebook can take away your publishing rights, so make sure you have your page linked to your website to show you are genuine.
  8. morellhenrik

morellhenrik New Member

Facebook and many other social networks are really good for developing relations with the existing customers and even you can build new relations. Its really helping for business.
  9. BabyStepsMama

BabyStepsMama New Member

I have found even though it takes longer to build on Facebook, the building is stable because you know intimate and personal things about people, you are able to become a better leader for them.

But what that is worth it is not worth waiting for?

Its hard to keep business and personal apart on facebook, but with the industry Im in, its not a problem in my eyes, this is a people helping people industry, people join people, how can they if they cant trust you or know anything about you.

"People dont care how much you know, until they know how much you care"
  10. mreese601

mreese601 Member

using facebook groups is a great way to find people of the same interested and see what people is having trouble with and find a solution to their problems. Another way is to use facebook events! It's a great tool that you can use to invite people to listen to a webniar or a conference call.
  11. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

Facebook is a really good platform for meeting and interacting potential customers and business associates, but in a marketing setting you would have to find the thin line between making friends and selling. Still, there are a lot of people who have had different measures of success on facebook, and with any luck any one can do it, too.
  12. Marktech

Marktech Member

I have heard that Facebook ads are not as effective as once thought. I have had some moderate success building Fanpages.

To succeed with Facebook you have to make friends and interact with them. It takes time.