Fail Forward....

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by talfighel, Feb 5, 2010.

1. talfighel Silver Member

I have been reading a book lately that is called "Failing Forward. Turning mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success" by John C. Maxwell.

I must say that it is a very inspirational and informative book for those who have failed in life, especially in business in the past, and how to move forward and do so much better.

Very good book,
    Tal
  2. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Oh there is always a lesson there..in our "mistakes".
    Life is a learning experience!

Success is wonderful, especially after trial and error.
    Victoria
  3. Shawn S New Member

Maxwell has quite a few good books. I've had that on my list to read, but haven't gotten to it yet.

One of my favorite quotations from one of his books is:

"If you don't pay the price initially you will pay the price eventually".

About failing forward...I think eventually if you ENJOY the experience of failing you have hit gold because you KNOW that you are likely about to learn something tremendously valuable.
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Success certainly comes from failing forward. All to often people don't understand that success is not achieved in a one shot deal.

Just ask any of us successful home business people. Commitment and determination does pay off.
  5. ImportEyedea New Member

Ooo I'm going to have to find that. "Thinking for a Change" is a constant reference in my house and I love his refereshing writing style! thanks for the head's up!
  6. talfighel Silver Member

Reading books and working on yourself should be a daily thing. There is so much power in reading.

If you read 15 minutes before you read, it will change your life for the better.

Another good book that everyone here should read if you have not read it, it is called Think and Grow Rich By Napoleon Hill. It is like the bible of self help.
  7. ImportEyedea New Member

Haha, if I can control myself I can limit the reading to only 15 mins. I worked in a library for 7 years and I know the power and benefit of reading books on positive thinking, focus and positive behavior patterns.

Napolean Hill is another popular book on our shelves. Funny how certain books you reference so often they never really have time to acquire dust.
  8. wahgo New Member

talfighel: Another good book that everyone here should read if you have not read it, it is called Think and Grow Rich By Napoleon Hill. It is like the bible of self help.
    One of my favorites!

I totally agree with you that reading 15 minutes a day will change your life. Sometimes it only takes one sentence to get me thinking.
  9. talfighel Silver Member

Here is another book for you guys and ladies which is one of the best I read over the years and can do you so much good in life and in your business.

The book is called:

What to say when you talk to yourself By Shad Helmstetter.

Very good in my view and one of the best, if not the best.

Tal
  10. liber8life New Member

John Maxwell is really a very good author..
    try to read "Put your dream to the test" ..
    This book is a must-have and can make the difference between failure and success.. [IMG]
  11. ryanbiddulph New Member

Awesome books Tal. You and I think alike. I spend hours daily in personal development; makes my job that much easier. Actually it makes "work" not feel like work.

An obstacle is a stepping stone; its function is to move you higher.
  12. getagrip Gold Member

I once listened to a motivational speaker who lost an arm as a child. Through hard work and determination, he was able to play college basketball in spite of his handycap. One thing he talked about was "turning setbacks into comebacks". We don't have to let our failures or setbacks in life to get us down, but rather, use them as motivators to be successful.
  13. JHandy New Member

So you really are not failing...you're moving forward. What a paradigm shift.

Jerry
  14. Ringerdad New Member

All great ideas.
    I'm someone that can't sit for more that 20 minutes at a time. I wish there were more on audio.
    Jamie
  15. ryanbiddulph New Member

Ringerdad: I'm someone that can't sit for more that 20 minutes at a time. I wish there were more on audio.
    I was once like that Jamie. I now meditate for 30 minutes a day and read for hours on some days. Considering trying meditation for an extended period. Out of the 20 or so personal development exercises I've used meditation is the most powerful by far. A settled mind is a powerful mind which attracts creative ideas, the right people and plenty of money. You'll be able to do all things conducive to your personal development with a settled mind which allows you to soak up and more importantly use the lessons.
  16. cjmo75 Guest

I'll tell you...I'm going through a tough time right now. I have been putting such a huge effort into my internet marketing venture right now and I'm not seeing any results. I often feel like giving up.

I think making money online may be one of the hargest things I've ever done. I mainly use article marketing, and I've been writing like crazy lately and I still can't make any commissions. I could use a little motivation right now! Maybe I should check this book out.
  17. chucks New Member

Great post!

Hang in there Chris!

Use as much failure you can as feedback and just keep doing , it will pay off eventually !

A good read on this area is "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson

To your success,
    Chucks