Fastest Way to Burn Fat?

Discussion in 'Health' started by luvinarizona, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Yes loads of good advice here but eating little and often and walking more and generally getting up and not sitting on your bum at the PC all day !

2. Loomis

Loomis New Member

I used to wrestle in high school and college, we lost a ton of weight, simply by running and watching what we ate. Throw on a couple of hoodies, a couple of sweatpants and run every night. Best way to burn fat, SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT. Plus you will feel great afterwards, and push yourself into longer and longer runs each time.

Best of luck

3. Cparkinson

Cparkinson New Member

hello all,
    Some real great ideas here, I like the idea of short and intense cardio! I would also remind everyone to have some protein at each meal, to stop the cravings for sweets.

Even a handful of almonds, raw can make a nice light snack with low fat!

4. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

I second beachbody. They have a bunch of workout programs to choose from which are designed to bur the fat and build muscle. P90x, Chalene Extreme, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and many more. I think P90x is the number one workout program in the country.

5. djimelee

djimelee New Member

Hi There!!The only thing i can suggest when it comes to health and be healthy naturally, especially about burning fat...enough exercise and eating healthy foods..eating good habit it important..

jem[​IMG]

6. jaqes

jaqes New Member

Thanks for putting this thread it would be very helpful to everyone who have this decease. i think Overeating or eating high calorie low nutritious foods that take you over your daily caloric requirements. Even when you eat healthy meals if you eat too much in regards to how much of those meals once converted to energy your body burns up any left over will be stored as fat.

7. shepdav

shepdav New Member

The best way to cut fat is to have a high protein rich diet and eat in small quantities 3-4 times a day after regular intervals. Also regular workouts are must. And person should stay away from weight loss products as such things can have severe side effects on your body.

8. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

I would say cut some carbs in your diet to about
    2-3 per day. Substitute those carbs with protein,
    about 5-7 servings per day. Also, eat more vegetables
    and stay away from junk food and foods high in sugar.
    Try eating 5-6 small meals a day, this will help your
    metabolism to speed up and help you loose weight
    in a healthier way.

As far as the exercise part, it kind of depends on what
    kind of body you are going for. When it comes to weight
    lifting, here is a rule to remember:

Heavy weight + low reps(8-10 reps) = SIZE

Medium/Low weight + high reps (12-15 reps) = SLIM

3-4 times per week for about 30-45 mins, and then
    add cardio 2-3 per week.

All this should help you achieve that goal. However, DO NOT
    stick to this same routine. Why? Because your body will adapt
    and it will eventually plateau.

I would recommend to create 3-4 routines with different
    kind of weight lifting exercises and different forms of cardio
    in each.

Do one routine for about a month, then rotate each routine after
    that to always keep the body guessing. This way you will avoid
    the plateau effect and your body will always be challenged.

Best of luck,

9. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Friuit, veggies,lean meats, fish and whole grains. Stop all sodas diet or otherwise. Get plenty of sleep, cut your salt intake and run. And yes I agree lots of reps light weghts.

10. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

I guess there is no quick way to lose weight. It takes time. it is even a process. Determination and commitment are keys toward a successful weight loss.

Continuous exercise and healthy diet with no junkfoods will help you.

Going to gym is a way to bring you on the groove to loose weight.

11. nanlar

nanlar New Member

I do agree with many of these posts. I just want to say that losing and maintaining your weight is a complete change in ones' lifestyle. If you fall back into your old habits you WILL gain this weight back. Remember what got you your weight loss and continue with that program no matter how hard you find it. It will become natural to you in time.

12. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

Almonds has a lot of minerals and potassium, and little fat, unlike other nuts. I have switched to eating almonds and all kinds of fruit, instead of chips, whenever I get the munches. They are both easy to carry and help boost your immune system.

13. tamilee

tamilee New Member

I'm a pretty big health nut. I try to exercise 3- 5 times a week and watch what I eat. I too love almonds! I eat them every day. They also curb your appitite a little. If you eat a handful before a big meal you won't be as hungry and overeat.

14. bodytalk

bodytalk New Member

The truth is... There are many paths that lead to the same goal. You should chose a path that you enjoy, use creativity when developing a workout. The first thing I do with my clients is find out what they are passionate about, and build their routines from there.

I have read this thread and a lot of people got the right idea. As a fitness professional I will list the elements that have contributed MOST to peoples success in burning fat.

1. Meal Frequency. 5 -6 times per day every few hours.
    Tip: Think about what you are going to be doing for the next few hours, and determine your calories that way. Example: If you will be at your desk for the next 3 hours you will want to keep your calories lower for this meal versus helping a friend move furniture.

2. Hit the weights 3 - 4 times per week. Maintaining or increasing lean body mass is KEY to keeping metabolism high.

3. Get rid of the low intensity cardio unless you want to burn fat the longer way. Low intensity cardio has been proven to not only eat away fat, but also your lean body mass. It creates a complete catabolic environment for everything. What do you think that does to your metabolic rate day after day when your lean mass shrinks as well? Why do you think people hit that plateau so fast and then rebound?
    (See Point 4 below)

4. DO HIGH INTENSITY. This is proven to create a metabolic environment to not only burn fat, but you don't have to spend 30 - 60 minutes... try 15 minutes! Look at the identical twin study done by Al Sears and you will be amazed with the findings. I ask myself why are so many fitness professionals training people with long doses of low intensity cardio when they would get MUCH quicker results practicing this principle.

5. Be consistent.

This is just the tip of the iceburg, there are a lot of details that I left out but this should at least get you going in the right direction.

So what should your next action steps be.
    1. Go to the library and get a book an weight training, or google workout routines (Note: dont buy anything, there is plenty of people selling BUT there is so much free info online) Just get into the gym and start TODAY.

2. Google Al Sears if you need more convincing on the High Intensity training. If not and you are ready to turn your body into a fat burning machine, you can do interval training for your high intensity.

3. Develop the HABIT of eating frequently. Figure your total calorie intake divide that by 5 or 6... and take the next week and eat whatever you want... just dont go over the calories for the meal. (Yes I really said that!) I do this with clients for ONE WEEK ONLY and it works beautifully because they develop this habit by getting to eat whatever they want... and it also teaches them a bit of self control because it doesnt take long for the calories to add up for that meal.

After the one week, I begin to clean up their food choices and progressively (weak after weak) get them to where they are eating completely clean.

Sorry for the long post, but this is an area I excel in, and have helped many people transform their bodies. I hope you found this helpful.

15. cpryor

cpryor New Member

cardio is the fastest way to burn fat . you can actually burn 300 calories in 30 minutes of elliptical training. I actually lost 12 lbs in the month of august by going to the gym 2 times per week doing 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. I also changed my diet

16. bodytalk

bodytalk New Member

cpryor: cardio is the fastest way to burn fat . you can actually burn 300 calories in 30 minutes of elliptical training.
    I will respectfully disagree with that statement. You are right about burning the calories, but what happens after you finish your bout of low intensity cardio? You have little to no afterburn (EPOC)... The afterburn is where you can really achieve some nice results.

Here is a study:
    Two groups that went on a calorie restricted diet. One group performed low intensity cardio only for 40 minutes. The other group only did resistance training.

Here is the thing. The cardio only group lost more overall weight than the resistance only group, but unfortunately lost a significant amount of lean bodymass. They also experienced a decrease in resting metabolic rate. Meaning metabolism SLOWED!

What happened to the group that did resistence training only? This group didn't lose any muscle mass whatsoever. In fact they lost
    more body fat than the cardio only group. AND their resting metabolic rate increased!

I see you just joined today, and have a lot of affiliate links in signature.... well I suggest if you are going to make a short post just to flash your affiliate links- you should at least know what you are talking about.

Health and Fitness is my life and I hate seeing misinformation.

17. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

There are lots of ways to lose weight quick but it is not recommended. You should lose weight gradually for you body to slowly react to what's happening.

18. cpryor

cpryor New Member

bodytalk:

Thank you for your opinion. You stated that Health and Fitness is your life. That's great. Health is my life, my career etc. So I would have to say that although I have not done any study's in fitness such as you- In my world of Health I will stand by my previous statement. There are also plenty of resources available that will agree with my statement.
    On a Health Note:
    With obesity on the rise in the United States, working out is more important than ever. There are plenty of workout programs, and it can be quite confusing as to which one to choose. However, if you are looking for a well-balanced workout regimen and are trying to maximize your body's ability to burn fat and calories, cardiovascular exercises and weight lifting are both important.
    About Me:
    I am an accomplished nurse with more than 10 years of experience in the Healthcare Industry which involves clinical,educational and administrative work. I am also in the process of obtaining my Nurse Practitioner license.
    Therefore I believe that I do have enough information to give a little bit of friendly advice on this topic. which is what I was doing verses getting my links exposed. WOW!

19. bodytalk

bodytalk New Member

cpryor: Thank you for your opinion. You stated that Health and Fitness is your life. That's great. Health is my life, my career etc. So I would have to say that although I have not done any study's in fitness such as you- In my world of Health I will stand by my previous statement. There are also plenty of resources available that will agree with my statement.
    Great, we have a healthy debate! [​IMG]

Even though low intensity cardio is being encouraged and promoted all over the place, you can't ignore research and results. You said there are plenty of resources available that will agree with your statement. Please quote one that backs up "low intensity" cardio is more effective at burning fat faster than high intensity. If you have that much conviction in your statement, lets also see some science behind it.

Health and Fitness is ALSO my career, and I am in the business of getting results by staying up to date on the latest research. I stand by my statement that HIGH INTENSITY will continue to dominate when it comes to burning fat fast and keeping fat off.

I do agree that low intensity does have a place though. Walking, for example, should be a "staple" in everyones life. Not necessarily for the calories being burnt but for the anti-inflammatory benefits as well as for the healthy metabolic environment it creates in the body.

20. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

About the high vs low intensity back when I had a personal trainer I his opinion and his reply was "what is your time worth?"
    His rational was the important part is the distance. The number of calories burned walking a mile and running a mile are about the same. How fast do you want to cover the distance? On a workout that is going to cover 3 miles do you want to do it in 21 minutes or 40. He always said to go as hard as you can with out hurting your self.