Feed Back On My Lens Please. Not Producing! Help!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Jan 21, 2011.

1. robinincarolina Silver Member

I have a Squidoo lens. The traffic has doubled in the last week. It has been picked up on quite a few search engines and it flops around on the first two pages of google. The problem is the sales aren't coming. I know the products convert relatively well as I also do direct article marketing with the products here with the affiliate link forwarded to a domain and they do convert, just not from my lens.

What can I do to improve it. I did have a lot more info on it and recently took some of that off as I thought maybe I was giving away the farm and that was not helping my click through rate.

Constructive critics welcome, I am a work in progress.
    http://www.squidoo.com/callingguys
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have some lenses that are like that and one way you can tell about the KIND of traffic you are getting to it is by checking the search terms that is bringing you the traffic.

It could be the traffic coming to your lens is 'information traffic' and the ones coming to your article are from 'buyer keywords'...

For instance if someone finds you with 'how to text a guy' they are probably looking for information.... BUT if they find you with 'calling men'...'secrets of flirting with men'.... or 'textappeal' it's probably because they have done some research already and KNOW what they want - and you happen to direct them to the correct ebooks.... make sense?

It's called using 'buyer keywords' ... [IMG]
  3. annalaurab New Member

Yes you need to use buyer keywords but from my experiences on squidoo and I am a giant quid with a lot of lenses and over 4 years experience on squidoo. However, you also have to realize that you need a lot of traffic to a squidoo lens to get buyers in most cases. A lot more than you might think. Usually over 300 visits.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

That makes sense annalaurab ... I mostly use Squidoo to get more traffic to my main sites so I don't track sales from there. It is an awesome way to get backlinks to your blogs and websites.