find best free autoresponder!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by johnjimat, May 14, 2009.

1. johnjimat New Member

i want to find best free autoresponder for my website. i hope any forum members can give me where the best free autoresponder.. i just want a free autoresponder as i dont have enough budget to use aweber or getresponse. hope you all can help me..[IMG]
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I'm listening,too, as I have not found one yet...[IMG]
  3. timhale New Member

You get what you pay for tho...

A question I would consider is what is the purpose of the auto-responder? Are you looking to send responses that are vague/general, or are you needing to respond in a meaningful way.

Sometimes there's just not a great alternative to the "old fashioned" way of doing business...with real people! [IMG]

Just a thought...

~Tim
  4. johnjimat New Member

is there anybody hat can help me?i dont care if it old fashion or not..
  5. Seth New Member

6. ateamfuntimer New Member

There is a free autoresponder called freefollowup.com You cannot upload leads by importing them but have to put them in one by one. It can be a bit time consuming based on how you expect to use the a/r. If you are just following up with people that have filled out a form on your website and get a relatively small amount each day then this might be an option. I suggest offering something free to generate your own leads. In my signature line I offer free leads and get a good response on that everyday. You could then place those leads in an a/r thanking them for signing up for the leads and somewhere in the letters you send them talking about the leads you can advertise your primary business.

I personally use Trafficwave and it cost me about $18 a month and gives me alot of other options ( one great on is I can create a lead capture page for my campaigns ). If you are willing to pay about $20 a month the options for a/r's increase so look into that. I hope my post is helpful and if you need more detailed help contact me directly for more details.
  7. IMoneyReview New Member

you can also try freeautobot.com I took a look at it, but decided it wasn't for me. maybe you might like it
  8. rosardz610 New Member

I'm looking for an autoresponder also, and I've come across Aweber a lot. Is it any good, or which is the most effective? please help!
  9. taylor_greatday New Member

Hi everyone,

Re:find best free autoresponder!! Post

What are your goals for using the autoresponder?
    Is it for business or personal use? If it is for
    business, what kind of client are you trying to
    communicate with? Put yourself in their shoes.
    It comes down to your needs and preferences and
    the type of client you want.

There are some free autoresponder services you
    can use.But are they really free?They include
    a text or banner ad at the end of every message
    you send.This means they send advertising to your
    subscribers and customers.This will take them away
    from YOUR message, is this what you want?

Also,just like using a free domain name provider,
    using free autoresponders can hurt your credibility
    because your customers will know you're using a free
    service from the ads on your messages.So they may
    not have trust in you and become hesitant to buy
    from you.The sales you lose will cost you much more than
    buying a paid autoresponder.

There's another big down side to using free autoresponders.
    These companies don't usually have a good relationship with ISPs,
    so chances are your email messages will be filtered with spam
    filters and your subscribers WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MESSAGE.

Getresponse offers a free version but you cannot turn off
    the advertising,which means that when you send a message the receiver also is sent advertising that is not from you.
    Also,you are limited to a certain number of marketing campaigns with the free version.

You can use the free version to test your your messages setup
    and later on upgrade to the paid version.

If this is a long term business for you then the
    type of autoresponder you use is very important.
    Some things to consider:

a) Is it easy to set up and manage?
    b) Does it have good customer support?
    c) Is it an Instant, reliable,unlimited message system?
    d) Does it have personalization features?
    e) Does it provide you with tracking and reports ?
    f) Does have a spam filter ?

You can only get this by paying for this.So
    paying a $17 - $20 monthly fee
    (depends on which autoresponder you pick)
    is well worth it if this is a long term business for you.

I know this message was a little long but I tried to cover
    as much as possible to help you.

All The best to you,
    Taylor
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi johnjimat (and others),

I'd recommend against using a free auto responder. You get what you "pay" for.

I've heard nothing but regrets from the those who have tried the free versions. They always end up either getting a paid version or just forgetting about using one altogether.

Look into AWeber and GetResponse. You can also look into the program that Vishal is using. Perhaps he can comment on his experience with it.

~Newbie Shield~
  11. MikeHumphreys New Member

I do NOT recommend any free autoresponders. Typically you'll see problems down the road with either tech support, buggy software, or features that you need being missing from it.

I switched to Aweber.com several years ago and they have been fantastic. For less expensive options, I'd also recommend:

EmailAces.com - they have a $5/month plan and you can upgrade your plan when you can justify the extra expense.

Parabots.com - a one-time cost of $50 and they install the autoresponder script on your website.

If you don't go with a monthly service, you will need to worry about things like white-listing to make sure your emails get to your subscribers consistently. That's a bit more work but doable.

Hope that helps,

Mike
  12. johnjimat New Member

thanks all friend. i think i have to use paid version like aweber and getresponse for my long term business. i really appreciate all advice here. thanks in advance [IMG]
  13. mtinsdale New Member

When I first started in this business I used a free autoresponder from Sendfree.com. It was easy to set up and use, but the problem was they also added ads in the letters sent out.

As my business started growing I didn't follow the herd to Aweber, but found Trafficwave instead. You can have unlimited campaigns, unlimited subscribers in every campaign all for one price per month.

It is more than an autoresponder, as it provides adtracking, free leads, capture pages so you don't have to have your own website for promotion.

Additionally it has a forced matrix that adds additional income and pays for the monthly subscription.
  14. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello John,

No way would I use a free autoresponder
    If you are trying to build a business, you may as well do it right from the beginning.

When your list grows, you will have to go to AWeber anyway, then your subscribers will need to opt in once again,. and you will lose 1/2 of them.

I would really consider the long tern.

Victoria
  15. johnjimat New Member

oh i forgot to close this case.. i have use autoresponder [IMG]. i use autoresponder script that host in my hosting. [IMG]
  16. shmeeko69 Member

It's got to be Aweber all the way. All the top marketing people seem to use it, so that's good enough for me. If you pay for the year, you'll get roughly a 20% discount.

Mark [IMG]
  17. twnuck New Member

You get what you pay for. Your leads are your lifeblood and I would not risk them to a free autoresponder service that could shut down tomorrow. This is one area you DO NOT want to skimp on!

Todd
  18. TyBrown New Member

Several years ago I was always looking for the free everything (autoresponder, hosting, etc.) When I finally buckled down and started investing, that is where the income started to take off.

I use OneShoppingCart for my shopping cart and autoresponder system
  19. gowriter Member

No. You don't want to go down the road of free autoresponders. Their delivery rate is not reliable, and what if they were to crash when you have thousands of subscribers in your mailing list. There goes your entire cash cow and all those months you spent building up your customers.

I agree that Get Response and Aweber are a bit on the pricy side. I use Automate Your List which is Aweber's less sophisticated partner site, but it does the email marketing basics well.

It's really easy to use and set-up in the beginning. There's a set-up wizard when you first get started that will walk you through the process.

You pay $19.95 per month for the first 10,000 leads (that's a lot of leads), then you pay $9.95 for every additional 10,000 leads. If you pay for the entire year's service, you get a $60 discount which means you pay only $14.95/month for the first 10,000 leads.

e.g. Up to 10,000 leads = $14.95/per month. With lead number 10,001 you start adding $9.95 per month on top of that all the way up to 20,000 leads so on and so forth.

You can decide to go cheap on other products, but autoresponders you should never skimp on.
  20. johnjimat New Member

there have been problem with get response recently. Most of my friend had decided to change to Aweber. what is going on with getresponse?