Finding a programmer

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by UntroddenRd, Oct 9, 2006.

1. UntroddenRd

UntroddenRd New Member

I am so green when it comes to programming. I know of two things I want to do, what I want them to look like, and exactly how I want them to work from a user prospective. I have no idea what experience the person writing the script would need or really anything at all. How should I go about making my ideas a reality? How can I find a programmer? I know I can post the jobs on freelance sites such as scriptlance but is posting it okay when I have no technical knowledge of how to word it??
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can go to forums like digitalpoint and webmasterworld, get your doubts clarified (or atleast learn a little), and then post
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Try checking out http://elance.com. They are basically a place you can go to get all kinds of projects done when you have a great idea, but not the technical knowledge.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can also check RentaCoder and GetaFreelancer
  5. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I vouch for Elance and RentACoder myself. They are very efficient and also Elance is getting a bit expensive lately. Just put out your offer and then elect the best bid to do the job.

Monika
  6. mrLenin

mrLenin New Member

Try getacoder it is new service provider and it is not expensive like elance
  7. RMQ2007

RMQ2007 New Member

Quoting: UntroddenRdHow should I go about making my ideas a reality? How can I find a programmer?

I was in your shoes a couple years ago when I came up with the idea of a college student textbook exchange, which is now pagerank 4 and closing in on that Alexa top 100,000 . It required a huge amount of programming, but I was lucky and met a guy through work who later quit his dayjob, and now runs his web design/hosting company full time.

The company is ChristianPathway.com. They specialize in church websites but they'll build and/or code commercial sites for a reasonable price. I imagine your website would need to be pretty PG rated for them to take you on. I imagine a company with "Christian" in the name wouldn't want to associate with gambling or nekkid people. If it's family friendly they can probably work with you.
  8. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

Go to Elance and find one there
  9. BeAChampion

BeAChampion Member

Also try my friend Oki at http://www.MiniSite911.com

He is a hard worker and is great for creating capture pages and related sites.

I've always been impressed by him.
  10. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Impressive stuff Tim and the pricing too is competitive. I may hire him sometime!
  11. mihealthcoach

mihealthcoach New Member

MiniSite911 looks awesome, I just emailed them. Thanks!