First Lens, kindly review

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by robbadobba82, Aug 30, 2011.

1. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

Hi All,

I finally published my lens so I could get some feedback. Please critique and leave comments.

New link

http://www.squidoo.com/workfromhomeforreal-

Thanks!

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Rob,

Double check your link for accuracy. It returns an error.

Hermas

3. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

That's weird. that's the correct web address. When I click the link here it doesn't work but it works when I copy and paste the link into my browser window.

Thanks for letting me know.

-Rob

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

robbadobba82: That's weird. that's the correct web address. When I click the link here it doesn't work but it works when I copy and paste the link into my browser window.
    That is weird! It did work when I put the url directly into the browser.

I notice the url has a trailing hyphen after the word "real", which is unusual. When I hover over the link the hyphen does not show up as part of the url in the status bar. Perhaps the forum software is not recognizing that character, or is simply removing it, and that's causing the error.

Maybe Vishal, the forum administrator, can help you sort that out!

In the meanwhile, your lens is actually quite good for a first attempt. The information is useful and the overall presentation is attractive.

I would consider breaking up the opening section and the first paragraph of Step 1 into smaller chunks of content. That would make it more inviting to readers.

Good job!

Hermas

5. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

Thanks Hermes! I was kinda thinking the same thing. Those paragraphs are pretty massive compared to the rest of the lens.

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I think it is the hyphen too ... but on the lens, you may want to make sure you read through the "No Can Do Squidoo Topics' List here ... [​IMG]
    http://www.squidoo.com/squiddont

The reason I say that is because I have spent a lot of time on lenses ( on the work at home topic) and about the time they started getting traffic, Squidoo banned them. So I just stay away from that topic now. [​IMG]

7. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

A8ch: Perhaps the forum software is not recognizing that character, or is simply removing it, and that's causing the error.

Maybe Vishal, the forum administrator, can help you sort that out!
    Yes Hermas, the forum software had removed the trailing hyphen. I have fixed it now.

8. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

Thanks for the feedback all. I will make sure to monitor the site. I see myself doing nothing wrong since I am reviewing work at home opportunities and am not biased to any particular one.

9. weblogger

weblogger New Member

but still i could not access the lens url.. Looks wrong url for me..[​IMG]

10. homesjobsneeded

homesjobsneeded New Member

I still can't access it either.