First Sale with Squidoo Lens

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by robinincarolina, May 31, 2009.

1. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Congrats on the sale!!

2. onlinelupe

onlinelupe New Member

Awesome! I just posted a few articles on Squidoo. I'm not sure I'm going to get traffic, but I may have to look at some previous posts for tips!
    Jack

3. winlin

winlin New Member

Congratulations on your sucess... here's to many more. - WinLin

4. TChurch

TChurch New Member

robinincarolina
    That's fantastic Robin, you must be doing a great job[​IMG]

5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Wow, I just logged on here and saw this. I haven't logged on in a while. Silly me, I need to come back, I have learned a lot here. I am still doing this internet thing. I have made many many more sales on Squidoo. I am not rich, not even close but for anyone new reading this, it can be done. I do make money.

If I knew what I was doing, I might be dangerous.[​IMG] meaning I still really don't know what I am doing.

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

robinincarolina: If I knew what I was doing, I might be dangerous. meaning I still really don't know what I am doing.
    SO GOOD TO SEE you Robin! I was wondering if you were still doing it and am so glad you are![​IMG]

Tell you what - as long as the numbers keep going up (traffic and sales) ... for me that is good. [​IMG]

7. robinincarolina

Yep, I am still here. Numbers still go up. I am not on the fast track to riches, but I can see where it is possible. It's what keeps me going.

So glad to see you mountainmom. I should start hanging around, who knows I might be able to help now. Still a newbie but ya never know.

8. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Every start out without knowing nothing.

Newbie don't be afraid.[​IMG]

9. volybal3

volybal3 New Member

Congratulations! These types of post keep other people motivated [​IMG]

10. robinincarolina

Just wanted to raise this from the dead. Hopefully a newbie will read it and not give up. It's been 2 years since I started this thread and I am finally really earning a living. I did not give up. I have learned so much and it all started here on this forum.

I still have a long ways to go, but thanks to all who have helped me along the way.

I am grateful.

11. robinincarolina

Today I made my first dollar on my new site that took me two years to take on. $31.86. Ironic, it's almost exactly two years since I started this.

12. robinincarolina

I keep raising this from the dead, but I really want to share. I still am working my site, but a few rocks in my road lately caused me to have to focus on instant gratification vs. long term satisfaction. I went back to Squidoo and built some new lens and tweaked some old ones. My income tripled. This is mostly because of the old lens, not the new ones.

I changed some titles, added some tags, added content every few days or changed content. Within a week 3 of my lens ranked #1 in Google for some pretty tough key words and also ranked above the original creator's website of the product my lens was promoting.

Not sure what is up with this or if there is a reason, but Google seems to be loving my lens. My traffic has mutliplied in these few weeks 6 times what it was.

Squidoo and I have had some ups and downs and frustrations, but I still love it.

13. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing this Robin! It's really appreciated.

14. robinincarolina

Just found this post. It's almost 3 years later and I still love Squidoo. I have made way more than that first sale and Squidoo is still one of my higher streams of income. Now I even build these mini campaigns for others and that is another stream of income.

The sky is the limit when it comes to online marketing.

15. Travis Korns

Travis Korns New Member

can we have the url to your lens so we can see what you did? I'm new to squidoo and am having a bit of a tiff with their anti spam filters. Sometimes they allow my links, other times they reject the same link.

Good job by the way[​IMG]

16. robinincarolina

You can look me up, I am Carolinarobin.

17. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

I also love Squidoo, and have been making lenses since 2007. What I love about it is you can be as creative as you want and write about anything (within their TOS of course). Needless to say you want to create lenses too that will make money. Most of my Squidoo income actually is Amazon sales.

I have done a few lenses that are purposely just informational only, or because I just wanted to. Like doing one about my cat. [​IMG]

As far as Squidoo spam filters are concerned, they only allow so many on one lens to a certain domain. Amazon and Ebay are exempted from this. Not sure if that helps.

Congratulations also to Robin for your great success!

18. robinincarolina

I would love to know more about Amazon on Squidoo. I have it on my lens, most of them, but I donated everything to charity from day one. Does this mean my Amazon goes to charity? Or did I just not do that part right. I still want it to go to charity, but still I want to understand it.

19. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

Hey Robin,

It's so cool seeing the historical development of this. Congrats on your success!

- Erika Awakening

20. mbasa

mbasa Member

robinincarolina - your update has inspired me to not give up. I must have been one of the people to read your post 3 years ago and I became very encouraged when I read your progress. I've decided to dust my OWM guide (which I cannot find anywhere by the way); all thanks to you!:)