first squidoo page.. how am I doing??

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by nickycash, Mar 23, 2008.

1. nickycash New Member

Well I just built my first squidoo page and was wondering how bad it was. lol. Any tips and suggestions would be wonderful and highly appreciated. not really sure how else to get this page out there used lots of social bookmarking sites, not sure what else to do

http://www.squidoo.com/worldofwarcraftguidesreview
  2. BillyPilgrim New Member

nicky,
    First of all, I'd dump the poll. It doesn't serve your marketing purposes as far as I can see. Next-Headlines. You need to create excitement. How about (just off the top of my head) Have You Been Chunking Away All Your Hard Earned Cash On The Wrong Guides? Alright it's awful, but maybe you see what I mean.
    Next, remind your customer of their problem, then introduce a general solution to that problem, then send them to the vendor for the specific answer to their problem. And don't just say, click here. Give a real call to action. "If Your Ready To Turn Base Metal Into Solid 24 Caret Gold,check out this site by clicking here!"

You don't want them to check out the site, you want them to BUY buy buy.

BP
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Nicky,

It's a decent lens. I disagree with BP. I think the poll both asks a relevant question that most players would have on their mind and one that folks would enjoy seeing the results thereof. It also generates interest, curiousity, and it engages the visiting audience; it's interactive.

You've done a good job of SEOing the module titles. The only module title I would change is the guestbook title. Make it relevant to your topic as well. Use some keywords in there. You could even refer to it as the War Log or something fun like that.

You might change the product hyperlink text to something relevant as well instead of "click here".

It's good that you brought up the question of why to use a guide and then presented some good guides right afterwards. That is a good logical path. Right before the guestbook, I would add a conclusion module, where you summarize things.

You might also add a couple images, a YouTube module, or something visual in the middle of your text modules to break things up a bit. I see that you have some images in a couple of your modules but they aren't loading for me.

I know that you just created the lens but when you get a chance, you might want to go here:

http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/nickycash

into your lensmaster bio and upload a nice image. This will appear in each guestbook you sign and in other areas.

I like your lens. Nice job.

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

[Post edited - Admin]
  4. BillyPilgrim New Member

Exactly how do you think that a poll furthers the marketing purpose, Newbie? The purpose of his lens is sales, not polls. I think better copywriting would serve his purpose far better than a poll.

[Post edited - Admin]
  5. nickycash New Member

Thank you very much I will use. I am getting right to it.
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Nicky: Good luck and feel free to ask for additional feedback at any time.

Bill: Squidoo is not a hard sell site, it's a soft sell site. Folks get turned off by hard sells at Squidoo and leading lensmasters seem to avoid the hard sell. In fact I would argue that it is rarely a good idea to hard sell. So many fake gurus teach a hard sell and everyone is sick of that kind of copy.

Do you have any lenses? Would you like to PM me with a lens addy? I'd like to see your work on Squidoo if you have any.

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  7. nickycash New Member

If you want to check it out shield i did alot of the things you mentioned, also im having a real problem with my pictures there all way to small how do i resize them
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Nicky,

I see that you added a bio pic, renamed your guestbook, uploaded some images, and added a YouTube vid. Very nice [IMG]

I would put the YouTube vid some where above the guestbook. Do you know how to reorder modules from edit mode?

I like the "Riches" image and the iDemise image. You might change the third image.

You can find the answers to many questions including your large image question on my own lens located below in my signature.

Feel free to ask for additional feedback.

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  9. nickycash New Member

Made it to the top 100 rank in my category! #89 to be exact. couldn't have done it without everyones help thank you!
  10. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Wow, that is excellent. Top 100 within category is a huge milestone that most lensmasters never see. You've done very well and I am happy for you!

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  11. nickycash New Member

Fell right back out lol. I need help getting more traffic. I've sent it to lots of social bookmarking sites, been advertiseing it in related forums, but not sure what else to do. I have over 100 views in the last few days but no sales and barley any clickouts! what can i do to fix this problem
  12. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Nicky,

You can start by putting the Squidoo link in your forum sig. There are directions in your profile. You can also join the Squidoo forum and do the same. That way you'll get some traffic from forums.

You can write articles with links that lead to your lens. You can do the same with one or more press releases. Submit your lens to Yahoo and Microsoft. Make sure it is indexed on Google. Consider free classified ads. Find blogs about the topic and put a sig link in there when you reply.

That should keep you busy for a while [IMG]

Once you are done with that and you feel your lens is complete, start a new lens and/or move on to other free sites such as hub pages or blogs.

Once you feel you've read enough and experimented enough, start your own self-hosted website. You can link from those as well.

You will be able to figure out how these things work as you go along.

Make sure you get the online marketing education first or it will all be a waste of time. Lean a lot about SEO.

Good luck,

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  13. brazilfarmer New Member

Newbie Shield: You can write articles with links that lead to your lens. You can do the same with one or more press releases. Submit your lens to Yahoo and Microsoft. Make sure it is indexed on Google. Consider free classified ads. Find blogs about the topic and put a sig link in there when you reply.

How are lenses submitted to Yahoo and MS? And how is it indexed on Google? Sorry for jumping in on your advice to nickycash but I'm curious to know how these things are done and am trying to maximise my online marketing education before I make any mistakes. Although I do understand that making mistakes is all part of the learning curve.
    Thanks.
  14. Newbie Shield Gold Member

15. brazilfarmer New Member

Hi Newbie,

Thanks for all the information! This will certainly help me in the future as I didn't know about any of it. [IMG]