First time working from home--any advice?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by zjweber810, Jan 14, 2011.

1. zjweber810 New Member

I recently started a new job that gives me a lot of free time during the day (10am-4pm), and I'd like to use that time to earn some extra income. I've never worked from home before, so I'm not really sure where to begin looking. I'd like to commit maybe 1-2hrs. each day (including weekends), but I need flexibility in case it isn't possible every day. And I don't mind working hard, but I'd rather not get involved in something that is very high pressure/stress. I have excellent verbal and written communication skills; I'm college educated, very analytical and efficient. Experience in sales and customer service, but open to learning new fields also. An extra $200 a week is my goal. I'd appreciate any advice or leads you could provide me. Thanks in advance!
  2. HiAchiever New Member

You should keep in mind that most people here are involved in various "business opportunities" rather than online "jobs".

A business opportunity provides the possibility of earning money if you carry out the promotional tasks, but does not guarantee anything.

Your verbal and written communication skills could be useful in writing ad copy, articles and producing videos to support your promotional efforts in a business opportunity. These are important factors in the success of almost any business opportunity.

I'm sure everyone here will want to suggest their own current business opportunity. So, look at everything with a critical eye.

There are a number of skills you'll need to learn to become successful, so don't think that you will make a lot of money without going through the learning curve.

Keep reading this and other forums and you will learn the right skills as quickly as possible.
  3. Ron S New Member

Start an online business or pursue an online freelance jobs.
    Doing business online or to make money online is not as easy as blown up by many internet marketers. Learning is essential if you are serious about starting an online business. Identify your expertise, find your niche. Beware of online scams, aware of online business opportunities and learn how to exploit them!
  4. payment proof Member

5. weebitty Member

Look around the forum and you will find alot of opportunitys as already stated. However do your research, research and reserach some more. Your skills that you already have are a plus and will serve you well in most of the" jobs", or opportunites. You need to find something you will enjoy doing and putting your time in on. If you don't enjoy it you won't do it very much. It is like going to a job that you hate. You go to it but I am betting you don't give your all to it and any effort must be 100% effort given.

You can join surveys they are free to join. there is a forum site that I recommend that I have had alot of success with for not getting scammed if you would like the name just pm me here and I will direct you to it. I make nothing off of the recommendation. I just know it to be a great site for survey recommendations.
  6. JesseK New Member

If you are going to be looking at any online marketing type business I would recommend that you do a lot of research. There are a lot of opportunities out there that promise the world and very rarely deliver. Bear in mind that any opportunity were you will be making money will require work especially initially so stear clear of offers that promise you a huge income overnight. If you run into an offer that you think sounds good spend a little time on google researching it. Also make 100% sure that there is a money-back guarantee should you be unhappy with your purchase. Any product sold through Clickbank is a good option because they are really good at processing refunds if need be.
  7. ScottCofer New Member

First off -- be careful who you listen to! You do NOT need to spend a bunch of money on a ton of different products to get going, nor do you need to join an "opportunity" that will cost hundreds to get started.

To begin with, your writing ability tells me that blogging would be perfect for you. It has a high potential if you do it properly. Here are some blogs that have excellent free information and all you'll need to get started:

ClickNewz
    CopyBlogger
    ProBlogger
    TrafficGenerationCafe

Hope this helps ... tread carefully!
  8. Ron S New Member

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) released a list of the top 10 scams and rip-offs of 2010 and highlighted that "Job hunters and those struggling to make money and get out of debt were common targets of fraudsters, hackers and deceptive businesses in this tough economy."
    And to highlight to you guys here the top 10 scams include the following:
    Job Hunter Scams ??“ Scams targeting job hunters vary and include attempts to gain access to personal information such as bank account or social security numbers and requirements to pay a fee in order to even be considered for the job.
    Work from Home Schemes ??“ Some work from home schemes promise to teach the secrets to making money online, others claim you can make money assembling items at home or get paid to be a mystery shopper. Some victims even found that their opportunity to work from home was a job to fence stolen goods. The end result is that instead of getting paid, you can end up losing hundreds??”if not thousands??”of dollars .

Always remember my advice: Doing business online or to make money online is not as easy as blown up by many internet marketers. Learning is essential if you are serious about your online business. To success in your online business : To Learn, before you start doing business online.