Fist Day a disaster! Am I on trouble?? please help!

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by julie86, Nov 23, 2009.

1. julie86

julie86 New Member

I think I'm gonna be in trouble.... I'm on the GE. Well I though I was gonna de well but then I freezed when I was on the middle of some calls. I think I did well in some calls but others I didn't even read the whole script .... And I think I wasn't professional at all in some calls because I was trying to figure out what was going on the the account and was taking sooo long.

Am I on trouble here??
  2. sparehair

sparehair New Member

Don't worry you will be fine. W*st generally has a learning curve for the skills. Mistakes are common in the beginning til you get a little more comfortable. It does get better. I am not on GE but we all have had first time jitters.

Take your time and dont over schedule yourself to get frustrated. Take 30 min increments so you wont get stressed out until you build up your confidence and slowlwy increase to 1 hr. I hope this help you.

Have a great day !![​IMG] You can do it[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. julie86

julie86 New Member

Well thanks Sparehair! Today was much better... Thanks for the support! [​IMG]
  4. lakewoodgirl

lakewoodgirl New Member

I started a little over a month ago and was a wreck the first week with call taking. Now I can do it with my eyes closed. Just a matter of becoming familiar with all the screens and panels.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

lakewoodgirl: I started a little over a month ago and was a wreck the first week with call taking.
    If you don't mind my asking - about how many hours do you work a day or week and how much can you make an hour?
  6. lakewoodgirl

lakewoodgirl New Member

The hours vary- I wouldn't do more than a 30 minute block at a time until I got comfortable. Now anywhere from 2-5 hrs a day. Pay is generally $8/hr but they have been offering up to $10/hr on their busy days/busy times. Are u working this line?
  7. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks - no I never have worked that but have wondered how it all comes out. With my kids and schedule it has been easier to do other things but I have had people ask about the call lines so I was curious.