For anyone who wants to work from home .....Customer Service...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by kathyg, Dec 14, 2005.

1. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: julia4007I am desperately looking for some job thast I can do from home. I am good at organising, counselling, public relations, and typing dtas. couple of times i got cheated by companies through the net, and looking for some genuine work. I am from India. can anyonle hel
    Never pay for work at home jobs. Search Craigslist for jobs
  2. JustAFactOfLife

JustAFactOfLife New Member

Hi
    To all who are wondering about west at home .com/. It is a legitimate company, I work for them, and things have changed in the last year. Now, you are no longer a contract worker but are actually employed pending your hiring..., You have a different process to go thru than from before. It is a company that offers guaranteed rate per hour or per min phone time depending on the contracted vendor and payout. Which ever is more is what you are paid. In otherwords, if they guarantee $10.00 per hour, you will be paid that amount, unless you are on the phone longer per call and the per min amount is more. Since you are an employee, you will be guaranteed the min wage no matter what amount of time you spend talking at the per min rate.

Example:

I talked to several customers and only spent 30 mins talk time for the 1 hour I was scheduled to work on the phone. Given a rate of .17 min amount that would equal $5.10 (.17x30). Therefore, I would be paid the Guaranteed rate for this certain contract of $10.00 instead of $5.10.

Keep in mind, ...The contracts and schedules are 24/7 and you select the day and times to work depending on what is available. The schedules that are guaranteed $10.00 per hour will go fast to first come first serve. That said, the hours available can be during the day, evening, late night, early morning. You choose your hours.

You are even paid to train. They direct deposit your pay. No costs are involved to you except in your phone and computer equipment. West now will do W4 tax withholdings for you. If you haven't checked them out recently, you should.

Another company similiar is Alpine .com/. My state isn't eligible to work for them but you may be. Another: Just A Fact Of Life that I thought you may need to know about.
  3. MMcGraw

MMcGraw New Member

Hi Everyone! I'm excited to be part of this forum... I've had some success (and some disasters) working from home, but now am working fulltime from my home office and it is great!

I have some insight and experience working as an inhome telemarketer and customer service agent. The company that I recommend an pays better than average ($12-$15 per hour) is Telereach. The support is great, the pay is timely and the projects are interesting for the most part. They also have some states where they won[t accpet agents and I no idea why.

Shoot me an email and I'll get you all the details and some contact info.

I didn't have a good experience working for West - there are better paying companies out there and I didn't like how they would cut my hours without warning.
  4. WorkingGR

WorkingGR New Member

Hi,
    Can you tell me a little more about Telereach. I am currently in the background verification with West but would like to explore all avenues.

Thanks.
  5. pete

pete New Member

Can you email me some information on telereach?[​IMG]
  6. tervill

tervill New Member

Hi, I passed the innitial evaluation and a little before Christmas I got an email to fill out some forms. I filled them all out, and faxed my proof of identity (ss# and drivers license) and also mailed my notorized copy of it. I have not heard anything back from them. I have emailed them numerous times and now the link to fill out my forms or find out what is left to do is just a broken link. Is there a way to call and get in contact with them. They said I would be hired, but I haven't heard back after giving them my information.
    Thanks
  7. queenrachel16

queenrachel16 New Member

I have been trying to work for them but they aren't hiring in OR, any ideas???
    I have a friend who works for them and she LOVES it.
  8. binkyram

binkyram New Member

Hello

I have a question for justafactoflife. I recently received an email from west where i had to fill out and fax my paper work to them. I have not received anything from them stating that they have received it or not. I emailed the human resource department but have not heard from them. Should I be worried or does it normally take this long?

Thank you Jamie
  9. discrat

discrat Member

Heres something that might interest some of you.
    I know Mcdonalds in some states like North Dakota are outsourcing their Order taking to residential homes via Call Centers. Thats right. A friend of mine in Fargo has a relative who is doing this from her home !! You just need High Speed Internet and a phone. And you take Orders from the Mcdonalds drive thru from your Crib. With a regular Paycheck to boot.

I think one of the Outsource Call Centers is named SEI-CCS
  10. mwhite24

mwhite24 New Member

I just finished my initial paper work and wonder how long I should expect to wait to hear from HR at WAH. This has been a timely effort so far, to get in to the web site, etc. I understand the need for the back ground check, but am anxious to get started.
    Thanks
  11. milkaveronica

milkaveronica New Member

hi, does this work for puerto rico...[​IMG]
  12. Rocel

Rocel New Member

Hi, I would like to Know if this work for Puerto Rico...[​IMG]
  13. Eygptian

Eygptian New Member

kathyg

Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member to this website and I've read some of your discussions regarding various positive and negative as it relates to home base internet business. However, (Kathyg) I remain unclear as to How much West at home pays per hour or is this job based on minutes per telephone conversation? Can you explain the pay in more detail?

thanks for the open and candid conversation, I really appreciate it.

Sincerely

Eyptian