Forget your "to do" list, what is your "to be" list?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Michelle Bowman, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Michelle Bowman

Michelle Bowman New Member

Many of us struggle with our "to do" lists, checking off (mentally or literally) all of the things we need to do on a daily basis. But WHY are we doing the things on a "to do" list? Is it not to be for example, more successful, happier, wealthier, closer to our family and friends, and so forth? I set out each day what I want TO BE, and this sets in motion those things on my usual uninspiring "to do" list, with great EASE!

Vishal P. Rao, A8ch and payment proof like this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

My To Do List helps me move towards my To Be List. My To Do List helps to keep me organized, but I also use it to set goals that I want to achive. And doing now helps those goals become a reality.

I love the post Michelle!

3. Shane1234

Shane1234 New Member

I agree, subconsciously though the to be fuels the to do so it works out nicely that way. By never losing sight of what I'm trying to become, the to do becomes simpler than normal.

4. I have to agree with payment proof. When I list all the things I need "to do", I know I will achieve what I want "to be". :)

5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

That's a smart way to trick the mind and reduce the drudgery that inevitably creeps into any routine, repetitive action. It's one thing to project a mental image of a goal accomplished; it's quite another to put in the training and hard work that's required to materialize that goal.

I agree that constantly reminding yourself of the end result helps to keep the drive and excitement alive, making it easier to put in the necessary effort to make it happen.

Hermas

6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Nice post Michelle. Once you start focusing on "to be", your "to do" list gets populated and acted upon appropriately.

7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Great post Michelle. That is definitely something to think about. That could really change the outcome of the day. I am going to consider this and see what kind of difference it makes.

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

I really like your heading - our 'To Do' List and our 'To Be' List - but we do need to understand both. Otherwise, we have our heads in a cloud, only thinking of our 'to be' list. We also need to realize that in order to make our 'To Be' list a reality, we need to face the reality of our 'To Do' list. We need to do what it takes to move us closer to the goal of our 'To Be' list.

9. whitney black

whitney black Member

I believe both of these lists are important and should be used together :)