Forum Marketing Basics

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Randy Mundt, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Randy Mundt

Randy Mundt New Member

There are four things you need to know about forums before you can use them to get
    subscribers.

#1 - Forums require registration. This prevents automated programs from flooding
    them with ads called “forum spam.”

Signing up usually requires you to enter a username and email address. You’ll be sent a
    confirmation email to verify your registration.

#2 - When you post on a forum, your goal is to help someone(y) . Forums are not
    places to blatantly sell
    . You’re there to answer questions, offer advice, and share your
    own experiences. In other words, you’re building relationships.

The way you get opt-ins is through your “signature file.” This signature file automatically
    appears at the bottom of your post. In it you’ll include a link to your website. You’ll learn
    how to create a signature file later in this report.

The red arrow points to the signature file. The underlined text is a link to a website.

#3 - Most forums and communities have rules that govern the behavior of their
    members. The rules are simple and can be boiled down to just a few points:

• Post legitimate questions and helpful answers.
    • Don’t “spam” the forum with sales pitches. Blatant advertising is NOT allowed.
    • Be nice! Forums expect you to be polite and friendly to their members.

#4 - Forums are great places to learn about your potential customers. In fact,
    there’s no better way to learn about people:D who are interested in your topic than to
    communicate with them directly.
    payment proof likes this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Excellent points, Randy and here are four more to enhance yours:
    • Research your forums to ensure you join those that are most relevant to your interest and whose members fall within your niche market. The busier and more active the forum, the better.
    • Create a profile so that members can get a better idea of who you are, what you do and your level of experience. This can be crucial to helping you set up joint ventures and beneficial business relationships down the road.
    • Don't be a showoff and come across as a know-it-all or obnoxious person. That kind of behaviour only poisons the atmosphere and will eventually get you kicked out. If you can't add something useful to the conversation, stay out of it. In other words: don't post just to say something, post because you have something to say.
    • Post regularly and soon people will start to recognize you and look forward to your contributions. It's one of the easiest ways to bring attention to yourself and what you do.
    Of course it helps immensely if the forum administrator is conscientious and unafraid to enforce the rules and maintain a pleasant environment for everyone. In that respect, we are very fortunate to have Vishal at the helm here. He's consistent, tough, decisive and keeps things in order with a BIG stick... and a smile. :)

Hermas
    Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You are on point there. Forum commenting/marketing has constantly served me well since I got started with it 5 or so years ago.
  4. jamess

jamess Member

excellent work Randy... after penguin update forum back links are effective ..
  5. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

Yes I agree. Forums are a great place to share my 8 years experiences making money from home. You have to be a leader and give value in what you say. I believe anyone can make money working from home. The question is are you passionate and willing to get out of your comfort zone and do what others wont. That is truly how you can make a ton in this industry. Having the right product, team, comp plan, and leadership also helps!
  6. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I agree with this so much. You want to contribute to the subject matter of existing threads, answer questions if you can, and help others.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I have been online since 2002 and have close to 10,000 posts in various forums all together and can tell you from my own experience that forum marketing works really well if you use it everyday and in the right way. You don't want to spam any forum and you really want to give lots of value each time you log in.

This can be a very good way to build your internet business for free.
  8. Dan_Clarke

Dan_Clarke New Member

I just started forum marketing, so I'm still learning the ropes, but it does seem like a great way to show your knowledge. Thanks for the advice.
  9. jamess

jamess Member

Forum is best place to market your ideas and also learn something knowledgeable...
  10. 1 Elite CEO

1 Elite CEO New Member

Are there any cutting edge tools that can be used to help market your products/service on social media?
  11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If I were to use social media places like Facebook, I would use their pay per click platform.

You can also go to YouTube and upload some videos for free exposure.
  12. Michael John

Michael John New Member

Also people must learn to make relevant posts and not rush into posts. Because they may seem like spam when they are not.