Free Directory Submissions

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by mewcreations, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mewcreations

mewcreations New Member

I have recently been submitting to directories. I try to do a minimum of 5 submission per day. I'm not sure what the Page Rankings are on these, but they were free, with no recprocals needed. addurl-free.com, zeezo,arakne-links.com, and worldsiteindex.com. Hope it's okay to share this info.

[Link removed - Admin]
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Have you seen any improvement in Search engine rankings, traffic from search engines?
  3. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Yeah, I'd also like to know if you've seen any improvement. Also, if you want more directories to submit to, you can go to directorycritic dot com.
  4. DelHies

DelHies New Member

I do full time directory submissions and from my personal experience with my niche sites, I have seen an increase in traffic.

I manually submit to 500+ directories ranging from PR0 to PR9, with varied anchor text. It has made my sites list higher in the search engines ranking.

Feel free to
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Nowadays, Google has been delisting directories, so I don't know how effective it is
  6. bob022

bob022 New Member

How long does it take to manually submit to 500 directories?
  7. samda

samda Member

Dont ever try to submit in free submissions. Its all waste of time.
  8. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Be very careful with free directory submissions and submission services. Most of the time you get listed out of category which makes you and your business appear to be spamming. Also Google likes natural backlinks and free directory submissions do not appear natural at all.
  9. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

I share the same sentiment when it comes to submitting to free directories. I used to submit to a lot more but have slowed down. I think it's better to submit to article directories than to free directories where you don't know if you'll be listed at all.
  10. ericlenhard

ericlenhard New Member

Use the free directory carefully. Submit your site only in good directories with high PR. Plus I recommend you to check this directories with seomoz toolbar.
  11. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

If your going to submit to free or paid directories, then only submit to popular high pageranked directories that have been around for years.

Such as dmoz.org, bestoftheweb.com, boingboing.net, infomine.ucr.edu

These hold a lot more weight to increase web traffic and pagerank.
  12. star0525

star0525 New Member

kane1976
    Thanks for this information.
  13. shuvo

shuvo Member

I think high pr do follow blog commenting is more better than those directories.If its not paid it may take months to get listed or even your site will never be listed in most time as it often happens with domz.
  14. IceMustang

IceMustang New Member

kane1976: If your going to submit to free or paid directories, then only submit to popular high pageranked directories that have been around for years.

Such as dmoz.org, bestoftheweb.com, boingboing.net, infomine.ucr.edu

These hold a lot more weight to increase web traffic and pagerank.

This. Think about the long term when it comes to promotion, and think about the human element, not about trying to scam Google, because the human element is ultimately what wins out.