FREE Gift?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by damasco9, Feb 26, 2012.

1. damasco9

damasco9 New Member

Hi,..

If you have a website a free gift will grow your list??

[Post edited. Removed all bold - Admin]
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

When you offer a free gift to people who are visiting your website, I think that more and more people will subscribe to your list.

Give it a try and see if it works.
  3. aaronempowered

aaronempowered New Member

Definitely. People are trading their email- something they know allows you to message them whenever you wish- and they rarely will do that unless you offer something in exchange.

And people aren't dumb, so I recommend NOT offering something that you yourself wouldn't be willing to trade your own email for.

Think back to a time when you found something you WANTED to give your email in exchange for, something useful you wanted access to immediately, because it solved a problem you were looking for a solution for. That's the kind of feeling you want to give people to join your list.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

damasco9: If you have a website a free gift will grow your list??
    I agree with the others that it can grow your list. But you want to make sure you can cover the cost of the gifts and still make a profit.
  5. Brian Snipes

Brian Snipes New Member

Exactly. Back in the day, I don't know how old you are, people use to be able to buy email bucket lists with tons of names and email addresses and would send so much sp** email that people would get tired of it.

Sp** is illegal and irritates everybody that receives it.

People are very cautious nowadays about giving out their email address, so a free little item (it must be something of value) helps.

Once someone entrusts you with their email address, you don't take advantage of it. You provide them information and not just the old rehashed off the internet information. Give them quality content. You need to over deliver to your list. Now when I say "over deliver" I do not mean send them email after email after email. I mean give them more than just good content, give them great, super content that they can really use. Otherwise they will opt out of your emails. Nobody wants to be sp**med!!!

Do not try to constantly be selling to your list, this will also put them off. I will only recommend things to my lists that I personally tried myself, this way if I'm asked a question later, I will probably know the answer. Plus, if you send out garbage, word gets around.
  6. loner44

loner44 New Member

Absolutely. It could be an ebook, a guide, a blueprint you name it. I've been observing people's online habits for months - they normally think that a freebie won't hurt provided it's related to something that are really interested in. That's one the sure ways to build your email list but make sure it's something useful - that's their first impression of you and your stuff