Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. c_nordheim

c_nordheim New Member

Hi Vishal,
    Here is some feedback regarding my problem. The SMTP Authentication version also did not work. After a lot of googling it seems the problem is with Godaddy. They do not allow form emails to be sent in that way, but they supply their own form file. So I did the following:

In my Godaddy account settings I entered the email address I want my form to send the messages to. Then Godaddy automatically creates a gdform.php file and places it in my rootdirectory.

I then created contact.html and copy pasted godaddy's demo form:

First Name:

Last Name:

E-Mail:

Comments:
    Type comments here.

So contact.html sends the information to gdform.php which in turn sends it to my email. This is the only way it get a form to work on godaddy. But unfortunately the form is very simple, no design, no captcha, no validation.

I do not know php, how easy/difficult is it to modify your form to send the message via gdform.php?

FYI, this is the gdform.php code:

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

What the above file (gdform.php) does is just create a file with your form contents in a directory "ssfm" in your server root directory. I believe they have cron job running to mail the contents of this file at regular intervals.

With the above setup, I think you'll not receive the contents of the form message immediately. It'll be mailed at regular intervals (5,15 or 30 mins), as specified by GoDaddy.

c_nordheim: The SMTP Authentication version also did not work.
    What was the error you were getting with this?

3. spear

spear New Member

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your great work!
    I don't get any error if I enter whatever symbols I wish for email, name, etc ... The "Email validation function" seems doesn't work. The only is that have no letter then, but the sender wont know this.

4. kkri78

kkri78 New Member

Vishal,
    The image is not showing in my system?
    Do i need to configure something.
    I followed the instruction you specified but it doesn't work.

5. Vishal P. Rao

Please check if GD libraries are installed on your server. Most likely they are not installed.

6. anshu

anshu New Member

Hey!
    I tried to run your contact form but it shows this error after i click on the submit button:
    Mailer Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

Please tell me what I can do to solve this problem.

Thanx!

7. Vishal P. Rao

anshu
    Your web host has probable disabled PHP Sendmail function. Talk with them for alternatives. If they allow SMTP authentication, then you can try using that version.

8. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

Hi Vishal,

I come here ... to tell you that I have been using your free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection for a few years by now. I have benefited from it.

I'd like to suggest you somehow put this offer/thread permanently at the top of Web Design and Hosting.
    Fix this thread at the top of Web Design and Hosting ... so that others can see your offer. Presently, such a good offer of yours is hidden pages away from immediate view.

Bye

Vishal P. Rao likes this.