Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Please send me a temp FTP access to your server. Without that, it's almost impossible to guess what's going wrong.
  2. luisnino

luisnino New Member

Hi, I was trying to use your code, but I got stuck on the CAPTCHA, it doesn't show any images for the code.
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Please contact me with your form url and also a temp ftp access to your server.
  4. qwerty

qwerty New Member

Hi Vishal,

Thank you so much for the form. I've been looking for a secure PHP Contact Form for awhile now.

I am new to PHP and the form was easy enough to install. However, I received the following error when trying to submit the form.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. in D:\Hosting\4798486\html\contact-form.php on line 178

After clicking the "submit" button, the resulting message displays OK - "We have received your message. If required, we'll get back to you as soon as possible." But the data never gets sent to my email address.

Also, I'm trying to customize it by adding more fields (drop down list and checkbox) and also making some (instead of all) of the fields required. Can you please tell me how I can go about this?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.
  5. Vishal P. Rao

I have sent you an email. Regarding customizations, unless you have a knowledge of PHP, it can be difficult. The form was designed to be able to suffice the requirements of majority of webmasters. If you need any customizations, please contact me.
  6. raynbo

raynbo New Member

Hi,
    I think the Contact Form is great, just what I need but I am getting an error
    Notice: Undefined index: error_message in \user\htdocs\contact\contact-form.php on line 189can you help please?
    I have tried to resolve this but am a beginner and am getting nowhere - I did notice that line 152 has two =
    if ($error == 1) {
  7. sandalwood

sandalwood New Member

Hi Vishal

Is there a step-by-step instruction to tell me how to add your progam to my website so that a simpleton and not very experienced computer user like me can understand. I've built my site that I coded with HTML and CSS and I don't know how to get a visitor contact form that is safe into place that my webhost can process -- I assume they will have the PHP necessary.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, Jim R.
  8. Vishal P. Rao

Hi Jim,

I have provided the step-by-step instructions in the readme file. However, in simple words, all you need to do is:

1. Edit few variables in the contact-form.php file.

2. Change the form-header.php and form-footer.php file to suit your site layout/design.

3. Upload all the files to your server (either in root or a sub-directory).

4. To access the form, use visit: http://www.yourdomain.com/path_to/contact-form.php
  9. ulfmyr

ulfmyr New Member

Hi!
    Thanks for a great form. Easy to install and customize...
    Think I have customized to much though[​IMG]

I cant get the script to recognize the code when I submit. I??ve done this site for a friend at www.medveten.org, but just cant get it to work.

I can email you the FTP settings.

Hope to get some help!
  10. Vishal P. Rao

ulfmyr: Please send me the FTP settings.
  11. jpgvmm

jpgvmm New Member

Hi,

How do I add drop down list so I can choose for example If I send the message to Person 1, Person 2, Person 3 or Person 4?
  12. Vishal P. Rao

jpgvmm: How do I add drop down list so I can choose for example If I send the message to Person 1, Person 2, Person 3 or Person 4?
    Please contact me.
  13. blackwebguy

blackwebguy New Member

Hello, I insert the code into and html page and modified a few things like the width for it can fix. The code works, but after clicking on the submit button I get an error message: Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/f/i/n/finedimonds/html/contact-us.php:5) in /home/content/f/i/n/finedimonds/html/securimage.php on line 422

Does anyone know what this means?
  14. blackwebguy

blackwebguy New Member

I think I figured it out. I was missing the
  15. bsharke

bsharke New Member

Hi Vishal....I have downloaded your neat contact us form. Is it possible to add a telephone field and also a redirect after the thank you page is shown. They would really help me a lot and I look forward to being a participant and donor soon.
  16. Vishal P. Rao

blackwebguy: I think I figured it out. I was missing the
    Cheers!

bsharke: Is it possible to add a telephone field and also a redirect after the thank you page is shown.
    Sure it's possible Bill. The form can be redirected by specifying the $thank_you_url variable.

To add an extra field, please contact me through the form at easyphpcontactform.com.
  17. krazeejan

krazeejan New Member

Hi,
    For some reason, I can't get any of the captcha images to load...has this happened to anyone else?
  18. Vishal P. Rao

Please check if GD libraries with FreeType is supported by your server.
  19. redhand

redhand New Member

thanks for posting this -- i am just getting into building sites and yours is the only form i found that worked, is secure, and looks good! now if i can figure out how to use an image button to reset the data and for the submit function i will be very happy with the look!!

you, my friend, have put me on a solid path!!
  20. Vishal P. Rao

In the contact-form.php file, instead of:

Click here if you cannot recognize the code.
    ..use this:

[​IMG]
    where path_to/image.gif is the path to image file on your server which you want to use the reset Captcha.

And instead of:

...use this:

Where path_to/submit.gif is the path to Submit button image.