Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

robster2: I really need to add some fields.. anyone have some hints??
    Just check out the Customized Version, it's only $15.

2. kjeremy2

kjeremy2 New Member

i have a comment form so people can comment on my posts how do i get it to post what the user inputs to go on my website instead of to my email.
    this is the code that i have.

[*]
    Name (required)

[*]
    Email Address (required)

[*]
    Website

[*]
    Your Message

[*]

3. Vishal P. Rao

4. aladdin

aladdin New Member

Hello,

I have site with Network Solutions. They have php 5.

1- How do I know if they have (GD and Freetype support).

2- I am using Habari (a wordpress like blog), would I be able to use your contact form with it? it has its own way of setting up the page and such.

3- I would like to download the Fee based contact form, I think it is $15. Is it also the one that allows me to add additional fields or this is another version

4- I am setting my site for Habari and php, do I need to do anything else? I am hoping to just use your php files. I know enough php to get my site going but I don't know how to do the GD/Freetype stuff.

5- Would I be able to test locally on my PC, I have Wampserver installed (the latest)

Thanks,
    Aladdin

5. Vishal P. Rao

1- How do I know if they have (GD and Freetype support).
    Create a file with the below content and upload it to your server and run it:

If there's a section on GD, then GD libraries are installed.

2- I am using Habari (a wordpress like blog), would I be able to use your contact form with it? it has its own way of setting up the page and such.
    I doubt because I have problems getting the form to work in wordpress. You can however have the form set up outside your blog directory and then include a link to the form in your blog.

3- I would like to download the Fee based contact form, I think it is $15. Is it also the one that allows me to add additional fields or this is another version
    The fee based form enables you to furnish me with the details regarding the additional fields you require. I'll then add those fields to the basic form and send you the customized version

5- Would I be able to test locally on my PC, I have Wampserver installed (the latest)
    Yes you can, as long as GD/PHP and PHP sendmail functions are enabled.

6. aladdin

aladdin New Member

Thanks for quick response, I will test the host setup for compatibility.
    I don't think Habari wil be an issue then if I do what you recommend.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Oh, that fee based version, I gather it is the one that it is secure, right? I mean, it will prevent SQL insertion/hijacking, right?

Thank you so much for taken the time to answer my questions.

Aladdin

7. Vishal P. Rao

aladdin: I don't think Habari wil be an issue then if I do what you recommend.
    Like I told you, you can install the form outside of the blog directory or you can check for contact form plugins for Habari.

aladdin: Oh, that fee based version, I gather it is the one that it is secure, right? I mean, it will prevent SQL insertion/hijacking, right?
    Yes definitely. It'll be the same form but with added fields. And BTW, there is no SQL injection possibilities as there are no databases involved.

8. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman New Member

Hi Vishal

I've had some trouble getting my contact page php script to work, I think because of Magic Quotes being disabled on the hosting server. So I tried yours and it works. However I need the fields changing and a couple adding in (including 3 radio buttons)

Can you email me your direct address? I'd like to send you the current contact page we need so you can see what it looks like and to tell me if you can set your form page up to match it?

Many Thanks
    Harvey

9. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman New Member

Hi Vishal

I actually managed to add fields, the only issue im currently having is trying to change the field names...for instance...

I want this to say

Please enter any further information

Would you be able to assist with that at all?

Kindest Regards
    Harvey

10. Vishal P. Rao

Just check the contact-config.php file.

11. luckylindy

luckylindy New Member

I am a basic html user so forgive me for what may be a silly question. The instructions for Method II indicate changing the variable '$where_included ' but it is not on the 'contact-config.php' script you provide. Am I missing something?

12. Vishal P. Rao

Please check properly. It is in the IMPORTANT section (after $subject_prefix). I do hope you have downloaded the latest version.

13. luckylindy

luckylindy New Member

Duh. Found it. Works wonderfully. Thank you, Vishal!

14. sourbear

sourbear New Member

Is it possible to pull these values and have them included in the email I received from my web site?

Browser: [$HTTP_USER_AGENT]

IP Address: [$REMOTE_ADDR]

15. Vishal P. Rao

Sure it can be done. If you know PHP it is pretty easy to add these values to the email message.

16. sourbear

sourbear New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a PHP pro. I just know some of the basics. Certainly not enough to dig through contact.php and contact-config.php and figure out what goes where. Looking at the files, I've got an idea where it would go but no idea how to implement it. I don't want a whole complete custom version.. just tell me what code goes where. What's that going to cost me? [​IMG]

17. Vishal P. Rao

18. sourbear

sourbear New Member

Vishal P. Rao
    5 days ago, I contacted you through that site as you requested. Haven't heard anything back. Should I do it again?

19. Vishal P. Rao

My apologies, I totally forgot your request! I just sent you the modified file.

20. sourbear

sourbear New Member

Got and thank you very much.Vishal P. Rao