Free PHP Contact Form with Spam Protection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Mar 13, 2009.

1. risington

risington New Member

Hey Vishal!
    Great contact form, I must say.

Would it be posible to change the titles of the different fields? I have a local business i Norway, and the whole web contents are in Norwegian.
    The 'Name', 'Subject' and so on needs to be written in Norwegian.

How do I do that? [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Yes you can! Just change in contact-config.php:

$name = array('Name','name',NULL,NULL);

to:

$name = array('AnyThing','name',NULL,NULL);

Same with other fields.

3. risington

risington New Member

Wow! Thanks! Very well appreciated, man [​IMG]

Keep up the great work!

4. molly4130

molly4130 New Member

Hi Vishal,

First, thanks so much for the contact form!

One issue, though, I cannot figure out how to change the height of the div "formContainer"--I've successfully made changes to the width of it (in pixels) but for some reason changes to the height (again in pixels) in the contact-config file do not seem to have any effect on the formContainer div (which consistently appears at 485px).

Thanks again! [​IMG] Molly

5. Vishal P. Rao

Hi Molly,

I just tried changing the height and it works. Remember, you cannot reduce the height (unless you reduce the font size and form text boxes). You also cannot increase the height if the parent element that encloses the form has a fixed height or has some restrictions.

6. signorm68

signorm68 New Member

I like EasyPHPContactForm. But for newcomers who don;t have any expirience and need contact or mail list form maybe is also good solution to try free forms in cloud, because they have some tool that allow you to create, publish and host your form on their server in just few clicks. Just my 2 cents [​IMG]

[Post edited - Admin]

7. Vishal P. Rao

While it's true that people with no experience might experience little difficulty in installing the form (I do offer installation help), I feel hosted forms are much like having your possessions on others' properties. I would feel much more comfortable having the form on my own website than on some other website.

8. signorm68

signorm68 New Member

Vishal P. Rao: I would feel much more comfortable having the form on my own website than on some other website
    me too. But for people who are not professionals, who have 1 site or blog hosted solution may be better than own forms...

9. joesnow

joesnow New Member

Hi Vishal

Thanks for the forms you have helped me a great deal. All working fine except the $thank_you_url variable.

It doesn't matter what format I enter it in I get the same response. The webpage shows this error after I click submit

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sejjkco1/public_html/contact_us.php:6) in /home/sejjkco1/public_html/contact.php on line 133

On line 133 of the contact.php file it is

header("Location: $thank_you_url");

In the contact-config.php file I have

$thank_you_message =

10. Vishal P. Rao

11. joesnow

joesnow New Member

Thanks for the reply vishal and I have done what you have said but it is still not working.

I am not using the header or footer php files as I have added the code to my own webpage.

At the top of my webpage I already have the text in there.

All is working fine and once I have submitted the form it diplays the $thank_you_message. I only get a problem if I enter the url of the page I want to go to. In this case it is my home page.

Many Thanks
    Joe

12. Vishal P. Rao

joesnow: I am not using the header or footer php files as I have added the code to my own webpage.

To use the redirect feature (to a thank you page), you need to use the header/footer, else you'll get error.

From the manual:

The limitation of this method (Method I) is that you can only display a confirmation message and not redirect to any specific thank you page you may have. If you would rather access the contact form as a separate page, skip to Method II.

13. moxtasy

moxtasy New Member

Hi Vishal,

Thanks so much for this form!

I have a little problem. When I have a "-" character in the subject or name field, after I send the message, the mail appear as sent but I have nothing in my inbox or bulk. Can you help me solve the problem?
    Otherwise everything works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

14. Vishal P. Rao

moxtasy: I have a little problem. When I have a "-" character in the subject or name field, after I send the message, the mail appear as sent but I have nothing in my inbox or bulk. Can you help me solve the problem?
    It could be a server issue as I tried using that on my test form and it seems to work. Just try setting up a different email address and check again.

15. wuyounger

wuyounger New Member

Hi Thanks for your contact form and I have successfully setup on my webpage but I when i test the contact form on web server and I always got " SMTP ERRPR Could not authenciate"

$to = '[email protected]';

$smtp_host = 'smtp.gmail.com';

$smtp_port = '25';

$smtp_username = '[email protected]';

$smtp_password = 'xy';

the username and key are what i am using now and it should be correct

16. Vishal P. Rao

If it's giving "SMTP ERROR Could not authenciate" then it's not script problem but authentication problem. Please check Gmail settings.

17. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I use an FS contact form plugin on Wordpress and works wonders.

18. praneeth

praneeth New Member

hi guys,,, i need to add some input fields in joomla contact form....

can anybody help me ...

Thanx

19. c_nordheim

c_nordheim New Member

Vishal,
    I am testing your Easy PHP Contact Form (Captcha) installed with method I and it looks great! But after pressing submit I get the following message:

"Could not instantiate mail function. Mailer Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

We have received your message. If required, we'll get back to you as soon as possible."

As you can see it is an error message combined with the confirmation of a successfull message.

I do not receive any message in my inbox.

I am hosted by godaddy and I am using a hotmail address in the $to = '[email protected]'; part. Could that be part of the problem?

I would love to get this to work because the form looks good.

20. Vishal P. Rao

c_nordheim: I am hosted by godaddy and I am using a hotmail address in the $to = '[email protected]'; part. Could that be part of the problem?
    Godaddy, I believe have PHP Sendmail turned off. Try using the SMTP Authentication version, if they have provided you with SMTP servers. Alternatively, you can also try putting your hosting account email address in the $from field.

Would appreciate if you could post your results.