Free to join MLM?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by hockeyadc, Apr 25, 2012.

1. hockeyadc

hockeyadc New Member

Is anyone apart of a decent Free to join MLM? I am currently with North American Power, but its very hard to have people sign up, because no one understands how it works.

I'm still going to pursue this, but I was thinking of looking for an MLM that I can sell products for, and not services. Perhaps once I acquire customers through the products, I can also score them as electric customers as well.

So is anyone having any success with a free MLM out there?

zakirmohammad likes this.
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

hockeyadc: I was thinking of looking for an MLM that I can sell products for, and not services
    Maybe you are looking for more of an affiliate type program then, than an MLM?

3. hockeyadc

hockeyadc New Member

I'm not sure. I really just need anything I can do in my free time on the side from my regular 9-5 to make money. My goal is to pay off my student loans as fast as possible.

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you don't pay for the membership, then no one who joins you will.

How is anyone going to make any money? No one will and that program will not survive.

5. number1priority

number1priority New Member

I have never heard of a free MLM. There are some inexpensive ones out there and now a lot of companies are moving away from the "MLM" set up and allowing you just to build a direct team for much less. Then those people can build their own team that only help their direct upline person. I like that because you have more earning potential when you can focus on just your direct team! LaBella is not an MLM but their monthly consultant fee is only $20.00 so you make that back with one referral and one sale a month. Then everything else is profit!
    I love it.

6. 88Style

88Style New Member

Yeah, I haven't heard of a free MLM. Actually, I think it's a weird approach to marketing and business. No offense to all MLMers here. Well, I know a lot of people are victims of scam MLM so I don't really approve of it.[​IMG]

7. jonrpatrick

jonrpatrick New Member

There are some like Text Cash Network ('free' but only paying people who's networks "upgrade") or Surveys-FAQ or even That Free Thing.
    Problem is, as much as people will complain about the cost to join an MLM - they will join a free one that MIGHT have potential, and do nothing.
    As mentioned above, if it's free - where does the income come from? Perhaps you can find one that's free to join but makes $$$ as you move product, but good luck.

8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

number1priority: I have never heard of a free MLM.
    That's why I was thinking he may be looking for more affiliate based stuff and other free ways to start making money that require no up front fee.

9. hockeyadc

hockeyadc New Member

You may be right. The only thing I've heard of were MLM's though. I'm checking out the link you sent me Payment Proof. Thanks.

10. funtimes

funtimes New Member

I am quite sceptical about free MLMs too because it raises questions about the sustainability of their business model (i.e. how do they make money in order to pay you.)

Again, those that are free to join normally require you to pay a fee in order to be eligible for payments.

There are some that you can join for as little as $25 like Empower network.com (perhaps skip a few lunches to raise the cash[​IMG]).

The important thing is to assess how quickly and how much money you can make with your investment. If say $20 can help you generate $100 in a few days, that would be a no brainer for me...I would jump in with two feet.

11. shannontaylor

shannontaylor New Member

YouDazzle is not free to join but they are currently allowing the first 200 people to join for free since they have just launched. YouDazzle is the first company to combine online file sharing with collaboration tools such as web meetings, screen sharing, custom branding, analytics, and more. With up to 35% commissions PLUS commissions on the downline you build, YouDazzle is a great opportunity!

12. raquel

raquel New Member

If you just want to sell products, there are many low-cost business opportunities available. You should also consider affiliate marketing. Many popular websites have free affiliate programs and let you market physical products.

13. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Forever Living Products doesn't have any membership fees. It's free to join and you can get profit off your sales and distributors who join right away. The company has been in business for 34 years, so the model is quite sustainable. I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more companies with no membership fees.

14. yahia

yahia Member

Like Tal said above: if it is free how are you going to make money? The only guarantee of temporary success in MLM is the membership fees.

Anyway, I heard DNA is free.

And here is a suggestion: if it is free then your only source of income will be product sales. In this case I would go for affiliate marketing instead of MLM because you get paid almost the same except that as an affiliate you get paid now while as an MLMer you get paid over a long period of time. I did both and went for affiliate marketing for 5 years now.

15. luvbodybyvi

luvbodybyvi New Member

hockeyadc: Is anyone apart of a decent Free to join MLM?
    You have to think of this as starting your own business, so you want to invest in your business and you want people who join with you to feel like they are investing in their own business as well.

And I would be careful of joining anything that is low cost or free unless you understand what's coming long term. If you do find one that's cheap, how much do you have to spend each month after that? You don't want it to where you are spending hundreds each month just to stay an active distributor. Sometimes, it's better to have a higher buy-in, but can earn free product each month, like my company. It costs me next to nothing to run my business. But, I've been part of companies in the past where I have to spend $100+ each month just to stay active and make commission.

Just something to think about.

Good luck!

16. Ilovemybusiness

Ilovemybusiness New Member

I think that if someone wants to have a business, there has to be some cost involved. Also, you have to look at what those costs will cover.
    An average little coffee shop could cost you upwards of 100,000.00 just for start up costs, with no guarantees

There is no doubt, that if you are in the right company for you, then multi level marketing is the best way to build a future around the life you live right now!!

Sometimes it takes a few different companies to find the one that fits you, Look for a Company with a Great Foundation, unique products, an easy to understand Compensation Plan, No Garage filling quotas!!, and one that truly FEELS right for you!

17. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

88Style: Actually, I think it's a weird approach to marketing and business. No offense to all MLMers here. Well, I know a lot of people are victims of scam MLM so I don't really approve of it.
    That statement is so comical. $100s of millions to billions in sales of viable products to people yearly, for decades, and this is the comment made to put down mlm.

People have relied on jobs for years. Now they see the fallacy of not having done something for self. MLM still going through the recession-depression and in fact has become a life-savor for so many.

You may want to review this video on MLM by a Harvard Professor that used to feel the same way:
    http://youtu.be/-n9mPHTtjaM

18. Interesting subject,

No doubt, free is the hottest word in marketing, always has been, and always will be. In my research and experience, free and easy rules in the home based business arena.

As I have learned, if you cannot get anyone to visit your opportunity, you won't succeed, and when people fail to get traffic to their opportunity, they quit.

For every pro there is a con when it comes to MLM, or any business, there is no perfect business for everyone in my opinion. I prefer free and easy where you have a chance of cultivating a visitor to your site, take it slow and easy, get them comfortable is my strategy.

MLM is here to stay, and for those who don't like it, then these are the same people who have never sold a lick, in fact, hate sales, which most fall into this category in my experience. Sales is not easy, never was and never will be, so free and easy is your only hope for newbies.

No one wants to blow money on the unknown in a recession, so with millions unemployed and uncertain over their future, the last thing most will do is throw money into an MLM or similar business opportunity. We have all seen all the failures in MLM over the years, but we have also seen the successes, so it always comes down to one thing, YOU. YOU either want success, or not, no one is going to give it to you, you have to earn it.

Success to all,

joao likes this.
  19. chrisblanks

chrisblanks New Member

@hockeyadc
    hockeyadc: So is anyone having any success with a free MLM out there?
    I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I think that if you pay for something then you get more value out of it than getting it for free. Just look at how many people join this business and then join that business because it was free to get in. In reality they are just spinning their wheels and not going anywhere.

20. Good point,

The fact remains that most will be spinning their wheels and never do anything, even when they pay to play which I have seen happen for years.

Pay It Forward has always worked in my many businesses, give to receive, it is the gesture people appreciate as I see it, and who doesn't like to get something of value and uselful for free?

Granted, some will look at free as worthless, but at least you can motivate a prospect to check it out, either to verify the value of free, or just curious, but at least you got them to your site, and who knows how many you can convert to a sale down the road.

Perfect example, I recently saw an ABC news report about a company offering razors for free, and since millions of people shave, I was curious, so I checked it out. It ended up costing a buck for what I was paying $8.00 bucks for, so free got my attention.

Granted, it was not totally free, but they did explain their free offer which involved referring a customer which would earn them free razors for life, once a month. Sounded like a good deal to me, so I paid my buck and now have a lifetime unlimited razor and blades coming directly to my home for free.

Like every too good to be true deal for free, you create the curiosity and often doubt, but it still gets people to respond and check it out, often just to prove it wasn't true. lol Pay It Forward is catching on, many companies now offer free samples in these tough economic times to cultivate a new customer, I know it works for me, so I pass on deals like the Shaver-Savers.com club to others who want to save money on what they are already purchasing anyhow, and it is always appreciated.

Success to all,