Freelance Home Writers

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by gracebarb, Feb 18, 2008.

1. learner

learner New Member

Thanks for being here! Saved me some time and money.
  2. jbynoe

jbynoe New Member

I don't really know what the freelancehomewriters is based on with all of you said I would stat away from it. It sounds like a scam I will do a little more research and let you all know what I come up with!
  3. cnjbabbitt

cnjbabbitt New Member

DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY TO FREELANCE HOME WRITERS WITHOUT READING THE FINE PRINT!! I too was going to go for it until i just came from a site where a gentleman paid the $2.95 but then he didnt read the fine print where they charge you $49.95 a month. It said he had a 8 week money back guarantee and when he tried to get a hold of someone he got no reply and they kept taking the money out until he finally told his bank to not pay it and asked for thier help to get thier money. Please when doing anything on the internet whether for $0.01 or 100.00 please research as much as you can on that company. It only took me two sites to realize that they are scamming you with the same info you can get for free on sites like Elance. Good Luck to you all
  4. MARIA9

MARIA9 New Member

If it sounds to good to be true, then it is. I signed up and the very next day received a call from another company that tried to hook me into another program that wanted alot more money. I immediatly canceled my membership. My advice to you is "DON'T DO IT!!!"
  5. sjp0530

sjp0530 New Member

its funny that the website this guy posted has the same picture as this one does. this guy is here to try and make people click and do his fake one. when will people just stop trying to rob people. go get a real job!
  6. Perrie

Perrie New Member

You can add me to the list. Ugh. I just now sent them an email after finding this forum. Hopefully, they'll answer it soon. I was very blunt and clear. I can't believe I didn't check them out before signing up. I know better.

Do I call my Visa and have them stop the charges?
    I didn't use my bank account- just my credit card.

I've never had to do this before.... thanks.
    Perrie
  7. rose417

rose417 New Member

Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad I stopped here before sending in $2.95!
  8. celtmaidn

celtmaidn New Member

Perrie, yes, contact your Visa carrier and tell them. They should help you out. You will probably have to file with the fraud department, but get the cart moving on it.
  9. Perrie

Perrie New Member

Freelance's website was down for awhile and I was scared, but I called their number and got through. I was surprised the gal was pleasant enough and let me cancel with no hesitation.

I didn't try to get back any money because they haven't charged me any more than I expected (so far at least!).

My Visa said I'd have to contact them first.... so I'm glad that worked
    and I don't have to do any follow-up.

*sighs in relief*
    Perrie
  10. jkurt67

jkurt67 New Member

My brother got conned by this outfit, STAY AWAY is my advice.
  11. nicholinarae

nicholinarae New Member

R-I-P O-F-F!! Don't do it!
  12. nicholinarae

nicholinarae New Member

[​IMG] They did the same to me. I was wondering what the charge was for ... I didn't get any books or guides int he mail ... did you? Have you had any luck getting your money back?
  13. Incoming

Incoming New Member

Well, yes, I admit it, another mug.

I signed up for their "no risk" deal, for a few bucks, then got debited for another $49.95, (plus the international currency conversion charge on top).

Luckily I noticed it, so I rang my building society, they recognised it immediately and said, "Ahhh, this is the e-millionaire thing, yes, we have had a lot of complaints from our customers, but, apparently, it IS in their small print, you need to read the T&C very carefully, and close your account immediately or they will take this every month."

I rang the number in the States, which, despite being a toll free number internally actually costs me at international rates. They told me my account had been closed, sent me a copy of the T&C so I could check it, and told me my debit card had been recompensed as I asked for my money back, being as how it was within the 80 days.

Needless to say, 4 days later, the money has not turned up.

Just for info, when you go back to their site to check out they have a "FAQ's" page, which only has one single piece of information, which basically says, "Wondering why you got charged? here is our T&C saying you paid like some $3 to sign up, but we charge you full monthly rate after that"
    That is it.
    Clearly nobody ever "Frequently asks" anything else, except, "Why are you charging me?"

In my opinion, I think their marketing strategy is deceptive.

What is certain is that there are so many people getting stung, that a UK building society has it on their radar so frequently that the helpdesk operators are so familiar with this problem that they can identify it immediately, without even having to look it up. So that speaks to me of a whole load of people feeling totally ripped off.

Oh, one final thing, on their nice letter saying my account has been closed, they include a link to a free gift as a compensation, that web page is a standard page saying, "this website is not owned" so there was no free gift.

God Bless America. ...eh?
  14. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

Hey anyone that reads this. I got an email from these jerks today, april 2009 so no one has stopped them yet evidently[​IMG]

denise
  15. EntreProfit

EntreProfit New Member

Fine prints, indeed! I've encountered that same offer; but being a bit wiser now, I decided to play "cheapskate" and go for freelance sites that don't require any sign-up fees.
    What kind of company requires you to pay for them to acquire your services as a writer?
    In matters like this, I prefer to "err on the side of caution."
    I just started with startrankingnow.com, and it's been smooth sailing, so far.
    I pray that you get your hard-earned money back.
  16. Jwegesa

Jwegesa New Member

I got scammed by these people about a month ago. Fortunately, they agreed to refund my $49.95.
    Someone asked if anyone had tried them. Well, they tell you to create a web page or blog with your resume, then join sites that advertise looking for freelancers. You have to bid on these jobs so if you are a starter and have little experience writing for companies that need articles for newsletters, training manuals, instructional materials, etc. then you're out of luck.
    The truth is, you can get to these sites without paying $50 a month to Freelance Writers scammers.
  17. timhale

timhale New Member

Check out Elance.com

It's a good place to find some freelance writing work!

They are a reputable site and won't scam you like the other one.

Good luck!

~Tim
  18. JDCruz

JDCruz New Member

"Beware Message"-- That's a good idea. Will do the same.
  19. computerincome

computerincome New Member

I once checked out a freelance writer site that also wanted a fee to join. Asked around the guys and they came up with scam! Very similar pitch to 'assembly jobs from home' scams. I also got spam emails for more than 12 months after opting out. There is better ways than that to make a computer income.
  20. kyrash

kyrash New Member

Ok seriously people if you want to write and get paid you shouldn't be the one paying. You can write articles and get paid for them without any registeration fee.
    The sites that come to mind right now are textbrokers.com, associated content. Cheers