Freelance Questions

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by loveymommy, Jan 28, 2011.

1. loveymommy New Member

Hi, I am a stay at home mom about to bring another little bundle into the world, and I am in desperate need of a work-at-home-job. I am most interested in freelance writing, as I love to write and feel that it would fit my schedule with the kids, but I have no idea where to begin. I signed up with a few companies several years ago, never to hear from there again. If anyone has success at obtaining additional income with freelance writing, I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
  2. annalaurab New Member

I have done quite a bit of this, there are several reliable sites that you can look into.
    Here are just a few
    craigslist.org yes you can find a lot of legit freelance writing jobs there.
    Yahoo Content network- paid writing jobs
    examiner.com write articles and get paid based on how many views your article gets. you have to specialize in a topic for this one.
  3. happywife Gold Member

Hi Alison,

If you want to write for others, some of the best options are odesk.com, elance.com, and vworker.com. On these sites, jobs are listed and you bid on them. You'll probably have to start out bidding low until you can build up a reputation. As you do, you can then charge more based on your portfolio and feedback.

Another option is to check out fiverr.com. You can post "gigs" (jobs) that you would be willing to do for $5 each.

Those options may be good for getting a little money quickly, but if you really do love to write, you'll be much better off in the long run if you write for yourself. It doesn't pay right away, but it pays really well when all is said and done.

Basically, you choose a subject that you are interested in or knowledgeable about and build your own website on that subject. You can then make money through commissions on referrals for sales of related products (affiliate marketing) and/or through allowing advertising on your site.

This is what I learned to do and although it was not fast money, it is now a full time income and a big blessing to our family.

You may want to consider doing this with part of your time and freelancing with the other part for the immediate money. You'll only get paid once for the writing you do for others, but you'll be paid over and over again for the writing you do for yourself. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie