Freelance writing opportunities and a question about surveys

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Blake Davis, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Blake Davis

Blake Davis New Member

Hello again to all on this forum. My first post was about "work from home ideas". I want to say that I appreciate all who contributed to my post and thanks for the ideas. During a search of looking for online working opportunities I come across a freelance writing site known as iwriter.com that claims if you write content for them you can make money. The site seems okay and although it appears its not a easy get rich quick deal. I as stated before in my first post said I was just currently looking to make some extra cash. Does anyone have any idea about iwriter and have you used it? My last question is does anyone know of any other freelance writing opportunities that I can get started up with for free. I do have some interests with writing but, also open to other online opportunities. If anyone knows of any survey websites that are legit and pay cash let me know of them also. Thanks to all in advance with any information that can help me.

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I have not used iwriter myself, but I can tell you the article sites and content farms got hit very hard by Google Panda updates. Yahoo Voices recently closed and Squidoo is combining with Hubpages. You can look for freelance work on sites like Odesk, Fiver, and Elance for example.

You can also consider writing for yourself. There are many ways to monetize your own blog or website.

Good luck :)

recruiter1 likes this.
  3. recruiter1

recruiter1 Banned

Fiver may be the easiest way to start earning freelance writing, I actually pay Freelancers on fiver to write for my Blog sometimes so to vary the content.
    Which subjects are you interested in writing about? I may be any to give you some work if you need it.

payment proof likes this.
  4. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

Fiverr is a rip off for freelance writers if it is anything more than 300 words. Don't do it. You'd be selling yourself short.

5. Chris Del

Chris Del New Member

Hey, I have good experience with iWriter. I think they're great! I've hired writers to create good content for me. Only thing is you got to choose a 3 star and up writer to get good stuff. What's great about it to is you can review the writers work before you purchase it, if you don't like it you can request a re-write or simply request for another writer.

In your case tho, if you can be a 3 star writer and up you can make good money with them because the more stars you have as a writer the more money you will make. So make sure you write about stuff you're passionate about :)

Good luck!

6. ummi123

ummi123 New Member

Very nice sharing i also want to do and i have also experience in different field but In order to be successful in this job you must have great knowledge of internet marketing

7. triciab

triciab New Member

welp... lets see... I had to go through my entire list of freelance sites I've worked for, and iwriter was one of those sites. Its bee a while since I have written for them, but I do remember the experience that I had. (n) I made a couple of dollars from working at iwriter. There is usually work there, but as a newbie on the site, it's hard to get started. A lot of the clients on the platform are looking for writers with higher ratings.

Now I'm not saying that being successful on iwriter isn't possible because that isn't true. I just wasn't able to find my footing on this site. I, myself gravitate to platforms, an iwriters platform isn't friendly enough for me. There is a lot of clutter that makes things confusing. I've worked on a lot of different websites where I was able to make hundreds of dollars on a monthly basis, iwriter was not one of the. But of course, just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you.

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I-writer is just like freelancer.com and Elance.com.

There are people there who want to add content to their site and will hire people like you to write that content for them.

Your work must be very good in order to succeed there.