Funnest way I have ever made money

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by wazaweb, Feb 6, 2008.

1. wazaweb

wazaweb New Member

Hi guys,
    Couple of months ago I started an arcade site, mainly because I have kids and they loved the idea of it. I bought a script for the arcade site which cost me $30 but there are free ones around then I placed google adsense and ads from COPEAC which works very well.
    The amount of traffic I got from this arcade was INSANE ,
    Already after only 2 months my site is averaging $15 - $20 a day from these to programs combined. My goal is to hit $50 a day before June.
    As this site ages and I start actually promoting it I can already see the potential....
    Imagine if I duplicate this arcade site 5 - 10x Crazy

[Post edited. Affiliate link removed - Admin]

2. Marktech

Marktech Member

What's an arcade site?

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I am also curious , what exactly is an arcade site

4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

are you referring to a game site, please enlighten us

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

...still waiting... to see what an arcade site is

6. HiAchiever

HiAchiever New Member

Search for "arcade site" and "arcade site script".

You'll soon learn all about arcade sites.

7. lacy_amy

lacy_amy New Member

Are there any free script sites????

8. Flimjo

Flimjo New Member

Interesting. I have seen some of these sites for sale on Digital Point Forums, etc. It's a neat concept and certainly something that is attractive to people. Imagine all the people at work or in class that would love to play games online when they're bored. Congrats. That's a great concept.

9. mominva21106

mominva21106 New Member

Yeah, I have a guy friend, He does this for a living too
    He and His wife, of course with 6 kids, he does pretty good.
    I've been looking for at home jobs or just a job rather.
    But it's hard, a lot are scams. they should all be sprayed with
    some mace. BAD BUGS. =) But any advice/help any of you gents can a stay at home mom?......thanks

10. JMorgan

JMorgan New Member

They are free scripts out there but I would not recommend them as they frequently have programming issues. Pay a small price for a good clean script as Wazaweb along with many like myself did and you'll be much happier. Usually whoever you make the purchase from will install free or at a small fee or even recommend someone to do the installation at a small fee.

I have one of those arcade site up and running too. Marktech and PCWork, if you are still curious as to what an arcade site is, just see my sig.

11. rhmillion

rhmillion New Member

I never heard of that before. What a great idea!

12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

For anyone who still doesn't know what an Arcade site is, it's a site that has games on it.

Usually, the main monetization play is to set it up as an M.F.A. (Made For Adsense). You can also set up affiliate links such as software programs that can be used to make games (Flash comes to mind), you can sell game scripts, perhaps attract sponsors, and attach a forum.

It would be a fun site to make and I see quite a bit of monetization potential.

~Newbie Shield~

13. Julsy

Julsy New Member

My only problem with this idea is that there are GOBS of free gaming sites everywhere! So why would anyone pay to play games online?

Just asking...

14. JMorgan

JMorgan New Member

I believe you are getting this all wrong Julsy. No one will be charged to play online games, at least not on my arcade games site. See my sig for an example - anyone can play on my site for free.

15. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

that idea never even crossed my mind. But how does your game site not get jumbled into the mess of free gaming sites, as Julsy mentioned?

16. Julsy

Julsy New Member

JMorgan: I believe you are getting this all wrong Julsy. No one will be charged to play online games, at least not on my arcade games site. See my sig for an example - anyone can play on my site for free.

So, how do you make money if nobody is paying?

17. Seth

Seth New Member

Julsy:
    So, how do you make money if nobody is paying?

Put adsense on it ...

18. JMorgan

JMorgan New Member

That is correct... as Seth pointed out - It is an AdSense site. Click on any link on the site then notice those ads (by Google) at the top of the page and towards the sides.

Once a visitor click on an ad for a product or service they may be interested in then I will earn a commission from Google. One click, depending on the keyword can pay from pennies to dollars, and yes, that is from just one click. Overtime it all adds up.

19. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

boy, that DOES look like a fun way to make money...[​IMG]

20. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

I know someone who has the same success with game sites like yours.

It's not mine (no self promo) so here's the link.

http://www.freepuzzlegames.biz/

He's got the number one rank on Google for keyword 'puzzle games'

I think that he said he gets around 60,000 hits a day, and I know he get a handsome check from Google every month.

If only it were my site....[​IMG]