Funtime Vacations and Seller of Travel Rules

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by goldmills, May 24, 2007.

1. goldmills

goldmills New Member

I see a lot of interesting conversations about merging of funtime and coastal.

I bet they will make a formal announcement in Las Vegas in 3 weeks?

So, with Coastal, we get around the "seller of travel" license which most or all regulated travel agencies and brokers need, since we only sell an "information" product/membership. We never sell or fulfill travel with Coastal, we just lead people to the vendors who do that.

So..... If funtime merges with Coastal, more formally, and we are given the right to take vouchers, and turn around and SELL THEM for a personal profit on the fulfillment, then will we all have to become registered sellers of travel, as regulated in every state in America?

If so, how does one do this?

How do people in funtime handle this law and regulation now? Do you blow it off or are you "UNDER" funtime and protected?

Jeff
  2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Jeff.....

Coastal has been in business and handled the "seller of travel" situation so what in the world are you talking about?

Are you saying unless Coastal merges with funtime that all of us will be unable to sell Coastal?

Do clarify please!!

And we with Coastal will be forced to sell funtime?
    Are you also saying that all this time everyone who sold Coastal vacation packages was doing so ILLEGALLY??

Again details please!

Terri
  3. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

Terri read what the man says. The product you sell is not travel you have to be a travel agent to sell travel. The package is more of an information/opportunity package that allows you access to travel services.

I dont understand why funtime would be any different than coastal. They are selling vacation certs. I think they can get their IATA card so i guess legally they could book travel. Like caostal though they are selling the information to book the travel rather than being a one stop shop for everything arnt they?
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

It looks like Funtime is allowing people to sell their certs individually while we, as Coastal members, are not allowed to do that. We are told they are for promotional use only and not for profit.
  5. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Not sure I want to spend my time and advertising dollars selling individual vacations. Even if there is another income stream by booking online travel through your Funtime website, you still have to advertise I would guess. I don't even think your warm market would be lucrative enough for that. Seems like double the work. I am all about cutting my workload! [​IMG] It is hard not to make a prejudgement after researching this last night. Believe me, I do my homework. However, I will again say that I reserve final judgement until after the announcement. I have an open mind and will not turn away a good opportunity, if in fact, this is what it turns out to be.

Noreen
  6. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

in the past i have run into alot of people who dont have the money to purchase a coastal package ,or they have been in coastal and were thinking about quiting because they havnt sold any packages this is were funtimes program realy helps. there business packages are set up to include all the tools you need to run your business at alot less cost than we are paying now. and each step of the way you make residual income and activation commissions. this gives you a stream of income to help you while you are building your coastal program. i have a super elite package with that package i am made a travel agent with an iata card. i get a free travel web site and 40,000 leads per month as well as an auto responder. i send out 20,000 emails per day with a coastal campaign which makes me 7 to 15 double and triple click through leads per day free ,these leads have been to my coastal movie and get a free gift on line for listening to my business opportunity. thats why i havnt had to purchase any leads since i started and the leads that im calling are wonderful. if you bring 3 people into funtime then you have all of this free........3 and its free...hahaha i also have people that have started savings accounts with the money they are making with funtime and will purchase there coastal package soon. with my travel site the 20,000 leads i send out a day all see my site and when they book something i make money. as far as your warm market it is what you make of it. all the things that i do only lead to one thing.........incredable leads. and that is what makes money. anyone who thinks they can sit at home on the computor and make lots of money is blind you need to have a well rounded buisness. if you stoped selling today you wouldnt make any money. for me its all about building my residual income so i dont have to work hard anymore.
  7. cashwealth

cashwealth Guest

sportnut,

so just how much is that 40000 leads (?) cost you??

I'm getting my leads for free and they work just fine for me.
    My monthly outlay is $19.95..
    Have a nice day,

cw
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

It seems there is still alot of debate as to whether to do Coastal vs. Fun Time, or is Coastal or Fun Time better. Lets take a different approach to the situation. Both of the opportunities are in travel so how can they benefit each other. Well look at my approach. The certificates with Fun Time allow you to receive a commission when the recipient activates their vacation. Some of those commission are up to $25 per certificate. Why not give a bunch out knowing some will activate them and you get a check for them doing it. How about using them in a fund raiser to raise money. Even better still how about offering them as an incentive to a potential lead to go check out your Coastal Opportunity Site. Whether they join Coastal of not you still give them a vacation as of course you make money when they activate it. But in addition they will be a testimony and advertising base for you. Its a winfall guys. Now for many to add another business to your plate is too much but you can add a few lines in a script saying if they look at your site they get a vacation and watch your stats soar. Paying $300 a month for 40000 leads with all of the added benefits of Fun Time was a smart business decision. One that is already paying big dividends. Love to talk to any of you that need a perspective on Fun Time and Coastal as I have been successful in both. Talk soon.
  9. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Adam, do you happen to know what kind of deal we will get as a Coastal director?

( send me a PM if you would like)

No wonder the BOD of Coastal went with Funtime, imagine the BIGGG........$$$$$$ they will get when they recruit all of us!!

Wish I were on the BOD now.

BTW what is the name of that great song on your site?

Terri

How can anyone work 40,000 leads???
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Terri,

Id love to talk to you and go ovr any questions. I love the forum but at times going back and forth things can get lost in translation. So if you click on my signature line link you can get to my website and get all my contact info. I love the information flow of this forum. We are all really on the same team as we are all Coastal Vacations. We just have different methods and ive found that from learning from all of those methods it grows my business. Lets definitely keep the convo going.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III
    Fun Time Distributor
  11. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Guys,

I market a Coastal Vacations membership package which uses the Call Center as a tool for business. I have hundreds of ways to market my business. I can ALREADY give away vacations for incentives to promote my COASTAL business. I already offer a vacation voucher for people who visit my site. Not one of you has stepped up to the plate to talk about initial cost - or is it free? You mentioned 300/month for 40000 leads. I am sorry I would have to question the quality. If you are talking volume over quality, well you have that. I am a little concerned this gets in to the spam arena which is NOT what I am about.

So now what you are asking us to consider is to own and market another website (cost per month?) and be a seller of vacations, which opens up another can of worms altogether. And another troubling fact - sportsnut mentioned that this is for people who may not be able to afford Coastal. What if they sold a coastal membership? Who would be the director and who would get the pass up sales? The answer to that is simple, they have no interest in selling a Coastal Membership because it does them absolutely no good. So Coastal will surely become the secondary product.

I am very happy for you that you have seen success. As with any group here, you have to do what works for you. I am looking forward to what the BOD has to say and then make an informed determination on how this can integrate with our Coastal business.

Noreen
  12. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

I respect your opinion Noreen but from the outside looking in (as i am) i could easily see how a person could work both businesses and have one help the other.

Thats not a knock on Coastal at all im just looking at it fromn a multiple streams of income aspect and Funtime offers somewhat of a residual income along with your huge coastal commissions.
  13. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I AGREE that multiple of income streams are the way to go. But to add an extra 300 per month plus (yet undisclosed) start up costs plus whatever else (nothing is free) is a big chunk to ask right off the bat to take advantage of this. While we are still marketing our current business model?? I just don't get it.

Listen, I am not trying to be argumentative, but I am the person who TRIES to find something wrong. I am open to any lucrative, smart business opp, but so far, I am not seeing that. Sorry.

Noreen
  14. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Noreen,

I can understand your concern and to be honest every program is not for everyone. I have read about the issue you had with a Fun Time Vacation so I can understand your concern. The fact of the matter is that as Coastal distributors most of us do use leads. I have learned in my 20 years of MLM and NM experience that a lead is a lead is a lead. Its only as good as the person working the lead. As for extra "undisclosed" charges there are none. My auto responder, my 40,000 leads, my backoffice to control the leads and with all my training, and my bonus 20 vacation vouchers all cost me $300 a month. Thats all. Now for all of us that are using lead providers ( and I must say that ive used most of them) $300 is a bargain. In addition the Fun Time Lead program can be used by any network marketing distributor and we receive residual income on the group we bring in. I have personally grown my residual income into the thousands in a 6 week period. Thats a great thing. Again this may or may not be for you but for those of us looking for an inexpensive lead provider this is the answer.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Fun Time Super Elite Ditributor
  15. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Adam,

Thank you for that intellegent response. Now we're are talking. So you get leads, vacation vouchers a website and an autorseponder for 300 per month with no start up fee? That must be for Coastal directors only because if you are not yet in coastal, how can you promote it and sell it? And you promote Coastal, not funtime with those leads, right? You have to join Coastal first then join funtime as another tool for your business. Correct? I can understand the residual income and it is certainly and interesting aspect of this business and I think I already pointed out I have an open mind. The way this has been introduced to us is a shame if it is the good opportunity that you claim it is. Too bad you don't have a demo site ready for this program, or do you? That would answer a lot of questions.

Noreen
  16. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Jumping in here...I've seen people combining Traverus with Coastal...can anyone explain what the differences would be between Traverus and Funtime?

I haven't looked into either very closely but Traverus reps are constantly trying to get me to add it to my Coastal business.

Thanks,

Dawn [​IMG]
  17. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

The main thing that concerns me about this whole thing is what Noreen just pointed out. It is a SHAME that this was not released to all of us at the same time simply because of what is happening on this forum. There is a good number of people here on this forum who are in Funtime and you guys come in here and start telling us, who aren't members of Funtime, that this big change is coming and you and us are going to basically be one company. Naturally, we are skeptical because we haven't heard anything from the BOD of Coastal. Now, that fact really isn't so unusual because Al is smart and wants to wait until everything is finalized and introduce it at the next conference. He does that with all new programs he brings into Coastal. Rusty, on the other hand apparently didn't think the same way and let you guys go and spread the word before the fact and so I'm sure you Funtimers can understand our doubt and concern. I still have a hard time with Rusty telling my member her Coastal package was worthless and then trying to get her to join Funtime, not even mentioning this merger thing. That simply doesn't make sense to me at all and there is no denying he said this. I guess my whole point is this could have been handled alot better than it was.

OK, let's let all the bad stuff go under the bridge because my main concern is making more money for me and my team.

Adam, what exactly does your autoresponder promote. Coastal or Funtime or both? Does the back office use an automatic mailer or does each member use their own delivery system to contact the 40,000 leads and how does the residual income system work?
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Good post Harold, I asked Adam questions and he wouldn't answer any hopefully you will get answers.

I asked how can one work 40,000 leads to begin with.

Jeff brought up the "sellers permit" when I asked that ques, i was insulted by being told to "read jeff's post"

This whole thing is getting devisive.

At least WCYS has a GREAT program whereby leads have a choice, enter a 3rd choice now with actually selling the certs which we couldn't do before with Coastal is probably why Jeff mentioned the sellers permit, which again is clear as mud.

The one thing I have found till now no one has insulted me on this forum till this nasty "read Jeff's post" remark as if I didn't....

I think many of us have ques and should be concerned to get the TRUE ANSWERS before we get into something that may or may not be a good deal.

We don't know if Coastal people will get a deal on getting in or not.

Terri
  19. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I think what Jeff was saying is that Funtime is a certified travel agency like Inteletravel. Coastal is not. Because we are just selling information to people that shows them how to save money on travel we don't have to be registered as a travel agency like Funtime. Jeff was saying that if we merge with Funtime or do whatever we are going to do with funtime it might change our classification to where we might have to become licensed as a travel agency. I think that would be more of a corporate thing but who knows.
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thank you Harold now I understand it better.

Terri