Future Work at Home Dad

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by heretohelp, Nov 11, 2009.

1. heretohelp

heretohelp New Member

I am finishing up a 25 year career in law enforcement and would like to retire soon. I have 2 children in college and a Juior in High school. So if I am going to be able to work from home I have to be able to supplement my income to its current level or more for the next few years. After that Houseboating

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Houseboating sounds fun! Might want to look into affiliate marketing - it is a great way to go, especially if you have lots of spare time! [​IMG]

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Oh yeah - houseboating! [​IMG]

4. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Starting off with affiliate marketing using free advertising can give you some start in your career. Read lots of tip and tricks in this forum and you can learn in no time.

5. yasser

yasser New Member

I suggest you look for selling on ebay. its a scam free company and selling system is very convenient. You can also learn dropshipping which means that you don't have to carry any products at all.

6. ACB123

ACB123 New Member

Affiliate marketing is the way to go. Better yet, come up with your own product. You have considerable experience in law enforcement. Check on affiliate products for possibly this niche or maybe a niche for former law enforcement products. Start a blog on this topic and monetize your site. Good way to tap on what you already know and expand it to a home based business.

Good luck.

7. Judi and Mark

Judi and Mark New Member

Hey Heretohelp,

Houseboating would be an ideal place to carry on any number of home based businesses you might be interested in. To make sure you get off on the right foot, I want to let you know that we have developed a complete 7 step program to help future business entrepreneurs do just that; with the confidence of knowing this proven step-by-step program has let to success for many home based business start-ups.

My wife and I have launched, managed, grown and sold numerous home based businesses and have come to the conclusion that there are basically seven steps you need to apply to greatly increase your chances of success. Remember, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first year and 95% fail within the next five years.

Based on this info, it's a wonder why anyone would want to take the risk? But if you dig deeper, and look at the reasons why, we have found that it is largely due to doing improper research and preparation right from the beginning.

Many try to build a business without understanding all the work necessary to put it on proper footing before launch. Building a ten story building without a strong foundation would lead to disaster, so why do so many people try to build a home based business without building their solid foundation first.

We have found there are basically five steps that need to be completed before you actually launch an at home based business or any business for that matter. In very general terms they are self-analysis, choosing the right business for you, properly designing your business choice, making sure all your "ducks are in a row" ready for launch time and dynamite marketing. Upon and after launch, two more steps must be in play, i.e. management and continual education.

Please bear in mind that these are very general steps, each with many sub-categories going into much more depth. We talk about these in much more detail in our weekly training program as well as in future postings.

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Judi and Mark LaPoint
    NorthstarAtHomeBasedBusiness.com

8. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

heretohelp
    As you have seen there are many opportunities online these days, it is nice if you can find something that is going to give you the time and freedom you need to be with your family. Take Care

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi jim,

Welcome to the forum.

What ever you do and what ever you decide to supplement your income, I wish you lots of success.

Tal

10. Shanec

Shanec New Member

There are a million ways to make money online. It just depends on what kinds of intrests and skills you have. Before jumping into anything I would recommend doing some pretty thorough research into the different types of businesses out there.....

Just beware of all of the scams[​IMG]

Remeber anything that promises big $$$ for no work is a scam.

An online business is just like any other. The more work and money you put into, the more money you can expect out. The big advantage of working online is that you can get started with low capital thanks to all of the decent freeware available.

Good Luck!!

11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Jim,

If I were you, I would get into MLM online and then find a good mentor to help you and guide you through.

12. 1bigbob

1bigbob New Member

Houseboating sounds great!
    Our family loves the motorhome and traveling around this beautiful country of ours.
    I was in a similar situation to yours a few years ago.
    I'm now 57 and have been doing affiliate marketing. Worked out great for me and does not require tons of time.
    Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do very well.
    Bob

13. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

heretohelp: I am finishing up a 25 year career in law enforcement and would like to retire soon. I have 2 children in college and a Juior in High school. So if I am going to be able to work from home I have to be able to supplement my income to its current level or more for the next few years. After that Houseboating
    I wonder how it all turned out for him...

14. span

span New Member

Good luck. I am working from home and loving it.

15. hagemayers

hagemayers New Member

And as a law enforcement officer you have a vast experience on working with people. I am a TVItes and I work from home. I wish you all the best my friend.

16. 88Style

88Style New Member

I would recommend starting your own business online in order to generate your desired income. You can build it up and save money at your current job and hopefully it will be ready to go by the time you retire.

There are many online guides that allow you to figure out what you need to do in order to start a business as well as how to find out what you want to do.

When it comes to working from home, working for someone else can be nice, but it may be difficult to find a steady enough income to support your current demands.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, and house boating sounds amazing.

17. Azmos

Azmos New Member

Hi,

You can share to the world your 25-year experience in law enforcement. Maybe that will help a lot. Make your own journal. People like stories. You can start it with blogging. Use blogger.com.