GA Newbie Here

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by tadpole88, May 13, 2011.

1. tadpole88 New Member

Hello All,

Joined the forum with hopes of learning how to earn some cash from home using the internet. I have no experience in this field but definitely have an open mind and willing to learn. I do have home based business experience from 2 successful businesses just no experience on making money online. If this forum is not strictly for online adventures I will be able to share some of my successes also. I am looking forward to interacting with the members of this forum and sharing ideas and learning from the experiences of others.

[IMG]Thanks in Advance[IMG]
  2. happywife Gold Member

Hi Tadpole,

Pleased to meet you. There is a good bit of information on this forum about how to make money online. Just be careful to take some of it with a grain of salt. [IMG]

Since you already have home based business experience, you know that building a business takes time and a lot of effort. Building an online business is no exception. Don't fall for any slick sales pages that make it sound like it's quick and easy.

Do you have any idea what type of online business you are interested in? Are you wanting to bring your current offline businesses online, or do you want to start something completely new and unrelated?

My personal preference for creating a successful long term online business is to create a content rich niche based website on a topic that you are knowledgeable about or extremely interested in.

If you do that correctly, you will generate thousands of interested and targeted visitors each day free from the search engines. If you have the traffic, you can monetize in a variety of ways based on your particular niche.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  3. tadpole88 New Member

Angie,

I really have no idea at this time what I would like to do online. I do no that whatever I decide to do is that I would like for it to have a purpose and help others in some way.

I recently sold one of my businesses that I was running from my home to my best employee at a great deal and what a joy it has been in watching him continue to excel in that business. So I am searching for something that I can generate a good income and that I enjoy doing while also being able to help others along the way.

Many of the sales people on the internet speak like that but I truly wonder if they really care after they get your money. Many years ago I was brought into a MLM program with the same promise from my upline only to find out that greed was their motivating factor. I made them some money but not because of their help but just because of my work ethic and determination to succeed.

My current home based business I think would be had to do 100% from home because I have to meet with C-Level managers and up with my services and most want to look you in the eye. I am trying to implement a strong lead generation strategy online to keep from having to do complete cold calls and finding that very challenging.

I will continue to think about what I really enjoy doing and see if I can find something in that niche and get started with that method.

Michael
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

tadpole88: I am trying to implement a strong lead generation strategy online to keep from having to do complete cold calls and finding that very challenging.
    It is very possible to do but do some research to see what angle you want to come from with it.

For instance if you have an mlm business in health stuff then you can build a niche site in one of the gazillion health issues to help market the product and you will also get leads that way, but to truly target the 'work at home' people you almost have to build something that targets that niche which is MUCH harder to do since there is so much stuff out there like that!

But I still think if you did it right, you could compile all your expertise (and training) in a website on something like 'how to start a home business' and then generate your own leads with that - I dialed leads for over two years and I can tell you that ONE lead generated off your own website where someone kinda, sorta knows you already is worth a hundred 'fresh live leads' that you buy.[IMG]

By doing what Angie is talking about - building a niche site you will learn a TON about all the internet marketing stuff like SEO, doing keyword research, etc....

Looking forward to hearing what you decide to do and hearing more about your experiences!

[Post edited - Admin]
  5. happywife Gold Member

tadpole88: I really have no idea at this time what I would like to do online. I do no that whatever I decide to do is that I would like for it to have a purpose and help others in some way.

That's a great attitude to have, Michael. Really, "adding value" is what we should all have in mind when we decide to build an online business. We don't have to be "saving the world," but any time we are providing quality information to people who are looking for it, we are doing a service that benefits others.

That's the premise of the win-win philosophy. Your visitors win by finding the quality info, products, or services they need, and you win by earning a commission, making a sale, getting an adsense click, whatever.

Website themes/topics can be very serious, or fun, or frivolous, etc. Regardless, if you are delivering quality in your chosen niche, you are helping others in some way, big or small.

If you are just getting your feet wet, I would suggest tackling a topic that YOU will enjoy. Think about what you love to do in your spare time, or something you are quite passionate about, or something you find easy and are knowledgeable about that perhaps others find more difficult.

Not everyone agrees with this philosophy, but based on my experience (building websites myself and working with others who are beginning online), I've found that those who choose a theme/topic just because they think there is money in it, often give up before they achieve any level of success because they genuinely have no interest or knowledge in their subject matter.

Once you have learned and gone through the process successfully once (persevering through the early building stages), then you are better equipped to tackle a more challenging subject matter. Your past experience will carry you through, knowing it will be worth it in the long run.

Blessings,
    Angie
  6. talfighel Silver Member

Hi Tadpole,

Welcome to the forum.

There are so many great ways to earn money online.

Just like the offline world, you can do MLM online. There are so many choices out there.

One of the easiest ways to generate an income is to also sell other people's products for a commission. Or you can create your own product and have others sell it for you.