Genealogy research?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 8MID, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 8MID

8MID New Member

Anyone know of someone who has had any success doing genealogy research for others? I am experienced and proficient, just not sure how to turn in into income or if it's even possible.

I have seen a few people advertise on Fiverr, but can't see them getting any business.

Any thoughts?

M
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I have no clue but will tell you this.

Why not go to Google and do a search for this. I see that no one replied to your post so doing the search on Google will get you a whole lot of help and posts that were made before about this subject.

Good luck.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi M,

What I would do is create a website on the subject of genealogy research as your foundation. IF you do it correctly, you will get plenty of free traffic from the search engines of people who are looking for genealogy info. You can then offer your services from that site.

You can also generate other income from the site through Google Adsense ads on the site and earning affiliate commissions, making your own charts that you can sell as digital downloads for people who want to DIY, etc.

I have a friend that loves doing genealogy research, and I suggested this to her. She decided to do it, and she even chose the best website building program (the same one I use) but unfortunately she refuses to follow the instructions regarding keyword research and usage (I hope she never sees this post).

Because of that, she has tons of great information on her site but is not being found in the search engines.

Having helped her do the research, I know that this is a very winnable niche topic if you DO follow the instructions and choose your keywords wisely. For someone like you with the interest, passion, and skill for the subject, you can definitely make a good business out of it.

Wishing you the best.
    Blessings,
    Angie