General info on Multi Level Marketing

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. kiran New Member

MLM is good, but we should verify the credentials of the Company before proceeding
  2. talfighel Silver Member

You know what?

I was watching the DR. Phil show a few days ago and there was a lady who helps burned victims. After Dr. Phil and Robin gave her recegnition, there was a lady in the audience from Mark Kay.

Now Mary Kay is another network marketing company out there like Amway and herbalife and to see them have Mark Kay on TV, is a great recognition of the MLM business, its products, and people.

Tal
  3. RayvinAndRob New Member

About 95% of the Network Marketers out there find it difficult to succeed in their businesses because the cards are stacked against them right from the beginning. Let's face it. If your pay plan requires you to build a downline of 3500 people on autoship in order to make $10 000 per month, even a full-timer, working 10 - 15 hours per day would find that difficult. Imagine how difficult a part-timer would find it!

Let's say you want to make $5000 per month instead of $10 000. What's half of 3500? You would now need only 1750 people on autoship under you. Not impossible but still extremely challenging. Not only is it alot of people to recruit but it's also a high number of people to retain in your organization. Imagine the work that would take! Hopefully you've invested a majority of your time training your people to duplicate what you do!

Well, okay. Let's lower our horizon a little more to a mere $2500 per month. Half of 1750 people on continuous autoship is now just 850 people. Piece of cake for a full timer. Right? Sure. Well, how about for a part-timer? Maybe. Depends on how driven the person is, I suppose.

I'm just new in the industry but I do my business full-time. It won't take long before I'm making $10 000 per month. Especially since all I need is 400 people on autoship to take me there!

Rob Nyte
  4. japanesemonky New Member

So would this one be classified as MLM or just 'networking' ? They say it is MLM but I don't know.
  5. talfighel Silver Member

Quoting: japanesemonkySo would this one be classified as MLM or just 'networking' ? They say it is MLM but I don't know.

Network Marketing and MLM is the same thing. MLM is networking with others in your team to grow your business and theirs.

Tal
  6. RayvinAndRob New Member

Thank You, Tal.

JapaneseMonkey,

You wrote, "They say it is MLM...."

There's a few things in that sentence I'm not clear on:

#1) WHO says it's MLM? And...

#2) ...who says WHAT is MLM?

Thanks a $$million$$!

Rob Nyte
  7. Gailtravel New Member

I learned alot by reading all the posts here. Thanks for everyone's contributions. Very informative.
  8. PeterB New Member

In the USA alone, more than 14 million people are involved in Direct Selling or Network Marketing, as have many others in other parts of the world (world total 2007: around 55 million). They found it to be a viable alternative to common, more traditional careers.

According to economist Paul Zane Pilzer, we are in the midst of a boom in home-based business, and it shows no sign of slowing. The Direct Selling has been gown about 90% in the past 10 years, and Pilzer predicted this industry to be the next big business boom.

More and more people are enjoying the advantages of self-employment: no controlling bosses, no traffic rush, no tight schedules, no more office politics. Above all, Network Marketing distributors can spend a lot of time at home, together with their families.

Nowadays, Direct Selling is widely accepted, yet, just two decades ago, people who worked from home were suspect, assumed that they couldn't get a "real job". But the smartest and richest people in the world work at home today!

The real growth in this business has only just begun. It is predicted, that over the next 10 years, 10 million millionaires are being created. Now everyone can choose if he or she wants to be among these people.

The Direct Selling Industry gives people the chance to build their own income-generating business and acquire great wealth, without having high risks or huge investments. Network Marketing has the opportunity to make residual income that keeps coming in long after having completed the work.

The great thing about Direct Selling is that it doesn't require a specialized sales personality, or background, or polished presentation skills. Almost everyone can succeed here, as success can be accomplished through utilizing the business building tools most company provide.

Direct Selling combines Franchise with Freedom. Above that, the problems one has to encounter when opening a "traditional" business are limited: very low start up costs, no employee-related costs (insurance, pension etc.), low overhead, just to name a few.

Working in accordance with one's abilities, no limits to potential earning, free choice of working hours and so on. Direct Selling combines the proven success of a franchise system with the freedom of an independent freelancer, resulting in proven marketing systems.

Regards, Peter
  9. jschuman New Member

I like network marketing. I grew up in an Amway family. Having said that there is no doubt that the high failure rate with mlm and even affiliate markeing is most people just can not sell things.

With mlm you add to that having to sponsor and most people just can not do it. The internet is certainly helping because it takes away the one on one aspect of it, but it really becomes a numbers game, and that eliminates most people as well.

I am in a couple of mlm programs, and several affiliate programs, and make a full time living online. If you can hang in there and find what works for you network marketing can be very profitable for you.
  10. Lindsey Lowhand New Member

Has anyone checked the power mall? They say they are not MLM or Affiliate marketing since it is free to join and there is nothing to sell. What business model is it? It must be legal since it has BBB approval and so many brand name stores are involved. They pay 9 levels down so that makes me think MLM.
  11. niddy New Member

Quoting: proamoThere is NO FREE LUNCH out there. MLM is WORK, WORK and WORK, but the good part is that done right you can continue to EARN after the WORK is done.
    NEVER go into MANAGEMENT MODE to early (meaning that you just monitor your organization and keep clicking that "refresh" button to see if anybody joined today. GET OUT THERE, follow up, follow up and follow up.

I hear ya! I'm workin my new biz to the bone! But it's fun, y'know? That's why I'm here...I need all the help I can get! lol
  12. westfam11 Member

That's why it is so important to find a business you really enjoy doing. Because it really is a lot of work in the beginning. But if you are fortunate enough to find something that you love doing it won't seem so much like work. It would be hard to work so hard doing something that you didn't like just to be at home. That is the same as going to your J-O-B that you don't like.

Becky
  13. JDavis New Member

I just started working in the Direct-Selling industry, but I also grew up in a MLM family. My advice to anyone who is looking for or just joined a MLM style business:

1) Check with the Direct Selling Association http://www.dsa.org to see if they are listed.
    2) Don't ride the emotional roller coaster. Ask someone in the business to explain or search online.
    3) You can make excuses or you can make money, but you can't do both.
    4) There is serious money to be made in MLM, but not at the day you join. You have to persevere and keep trying because this business is a marathon, not a race.
    5) Believe in the product.
    6) Refer back to 3.
  14. Lindsey Lowhand New Member

I'm so excited!!!

I joined a free program and now they are sending me marketing advice and materials to get things going and build my business. I know it will take some time to build a down line and start making good money but that's okay. I really want to get things moving fast because I know now is the best time for online shopping. The holidays are coming and there's nothing like being in the right place at the right time.
  15. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Lindsey,

That's great. Who is your sponsor for the mall?

Newbie Shield

[IMG]
  16. digit28 New Member

Good Info... Thanx
  17. niddy New Member

Quoting: talfighelYou know what?

I was watching the DR. Phil show a few days ago and there was a lady who helps burned victims. After Dr. Phil and Robin gave her recegnition, there was a lady in the audience from Mark Kay.

Now Mary Kay is another network marketing company out there like Amway and herbalife and to see them have Mark Kay on TV, is a great recognition of the MLM business, its products, and people.
    That IS awesome! GO Dr. PHIL!
  18. BeAChampion Member

Multi-Level-Marketing is the ideal business model because think about how long it's going to take you to become fianancially free working in Corporate America?

You'll have to work your way up the corporate ladder for at least 40 years and if you're lucky, you'll have enough to fianally retire.

But in MLM as long as you develop the necessary skills of how to market, you'll be able to become financially free in record time.

But again the catch is knowing how to market.
  19. writingisfun New Member

hi , i try one network marketing called Gold-link investment in which i register with N13,500 naira and i am supposed to earn in dollar , as my downlinks comes on board. but unfortunately before i can start to earn. this programme was suspended.

i guess that put the fear of networking in me ,though my others friends have been successful in other network marketing
  20. 4u2nv New Member

Quoting: TheChampionMulti-Level-Marketing is the ideal business model because think about how long it's going to take you to become fianancially free working in Corporate America?

You'll have to work your way up the corporate ladder for at least 40 years and if you're lucky, you'll have enough to fianally retire.

But in MLM as long as you develop the necessary skills of how to market, you'll be able to become financially free in record time.

But again the catch is knowing how to market.

Yes.. that is what attracted me to MLM's. The thought of becoming financially free. I am new to MLM's and I do not know how to market my business nor do I have the funds available to buy ebooks and systems. Luckily I have an excellent upline team that is helping me. Because my success is their success.