Get Healthy

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Global, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Global New Member

Good day,

Eat Better get Exercise and don't watch Oprah.

YOu will be more productive in your business.
  2. Chaz T New Member

What if Oprah is talking about eating better and exercising? Is it okay then (hehe)[IMG]

Kidding...very true statement. When you eat better, you feel better, and when you work out and exercise (rather than just plop on the couch after a long day) you have more energy to do more productive things. I've experiened this in my own life so I know it can work. (disclaimer: I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet)[IMG]

I'm guilty of "not" doing some of these things on a consistant basis but I know I gotta get better at it. Thanks for the quick motivation!
  3. talfighel Silver Member

Sometimes Oprah has good and fun shows to watch. Sometimes she doesn't.

Many health experts say that it is very healthy for someone to be happy and laughing many times of the day.

The one show that you have fun and laugh is the Ellen Degeneres Show.

It is a fun, energetic, and a laughable show.

I like to watch her everyday because once you start to see it, it makes you feel good.

If you watch the other shows such as Oprah and Dr Phil, sometimes it is so depressing that it makes you feel not so good.

Tal
  4. robertlaf New Member

Quoting: GlobalEat Better get Exercise and don't watch Oprah.
    I couldn't agree more, except when she has Harvey Diamond on. He is great in living healthy naturally. His Fit for Life books are the best, best selling nutritional books of all time too.
    He hasn't been on in years though. If she can't lose weight with him she will never lose weight and keep it off.
    Kevin Trudeau was 280 and followed Harvey and Dr Bob Marshall and he is slim now, amazing transformation.
  5. cherie27 New Member

Good advice

Being happy is also a way to get healthy.
  6. Phil Stones New Member

I'm eating healthy right now !
  7. wahl2008 New Member

That's exactly what I do.

I work all day on my computer, but I make sure to eat healthy and regularly.

Most importantly I fast-walk everyday for about an hour and work out in the gym for another hour.

Sitting at a desk all day is tough on your upper body, and if I don't exercise for about a week (due to illness or something) my posture goes down the crapper.

As for Oprah, well... she must be doing something right [IMG]

Good advice!
  8. bearly09 New Member

I agree it's good to eat healthy but it's so hard when you have all this junk food around. Even if it's not in your house and you see it on the tv, magazines, or even advertisements on the 'net. But hey splurging isn't bad once in a while![IMG]
  9. timhale New Member

Staying healthy is so much more important than most people realize!

I'm a personal trainer and I see first hand what eating a poor diet can do to someone's body (obviously) but also their mentality (not as obvious)!

Big spikes, and drops, in sugar levels can kill our productivity...were you ever at your best an hour after a big fast food meal?? [IMG]

I've been introducing my clients to a great natural sweetener called xylitol for awhile b/c it doesn't cause huge blood sugar spikes!

Stay healthy and productive!

~Tim
  10. mrslalas7 New Member

That's a good one. Also apply YOur Heavenly Father in your life and your life will be better with His help. [IMG]
  11. simplyg New Member

talfighel: If you watch the other shows such as Oprah and Dr Phil, sometimes it is so depressing that it makes you feel not so good.

I agree. Eventually it's time to just get out there and live your life. Advice is great, but just listening doesn't generate results.

And, yes, I love Ellen. If you get up and dance with her, you're not actually just sitting on the couch! [IMG]
  12. nanlar New Member

Information on being healthy is everywhere. I agree Get out there and seek it Don't sit in front of your set and watch for it1 Do IT!!
  13. jeffathome New Member

Best advice ever. Eat right and exercise and you will find the fountain of youth. Glad I have a business that involves these key things.
  14. Ann Williams New Member

Junk food producers are so good at using chemicals to make you not only crave their stuff, but want it again and again. It's almost like addiction is designed into the product itself.

Anyway, when I smell corn chips or similar, I try to think of a test tube of chemicals like liquid plastic. Yuck.
  15. joanpeterson New Member

When I hear of the obesity epidemic we are facing - I just shake my head. After all, the majority of people are overweight because they eat too much and eat the wrong things and they are inactive.

And the obesity in children is alarming. Type 2 diabetes was almost unheard of in children a couple of decades ago but is increasingly common today. And the fat that the children eat is causing liver problems and cardiac function problems before they reach the age of 20.

Whatever happened to children going outside to play? Well, I guess technology got in the way but ultimately it is the parent's responsibility to be active with their kids and teach them that being active is a healthy lifestyle.

It is not hard to eat sensibly. And if you love animals, get yourself a dog from the humane society and go for walks every day. You need to move and keep active to keep your weight at a good level.

Personally, I prefer to eat smaller portions and the right food to keep weight off. And weight gain is NOT a given just because you are getting older!

And for those of you with heart disease - there is a great book by Caldwell Esselstyn, MD available at Amazon. By using his method of eating plant based foods, it has been proven to reverse heart disease.
  16. hello28 New Member

Eating good food and practice good healthy lifestyle is the only way to do it. Having said that, mental health is the most important thing. Take a good care of your mental health , and probably it takes care everything. Manage stress wisely. Problems will come, no question about it, and like it or not, you need to manage it.

Bob
  17. Jean LA New Member

Yeah, sometimes Oprah don't get much inspiration it just keep everyone wondering. lol

Just foruc on what's your goal and you can have the much awaited success.
  18. metalfrog New Member

I am being very unproductive today because I had a long weekend and I'm tired. I'm taking today to rest but tomorrow I need to start going to the gym so I have more energy.
  19. RATUADIL New Member

oprah is business. Then, we just inspired with nice topic there...abaut motivation and normal life.
  20. Jean LA New Member

Yes, you will get more power to fill in your works if you have good health. You can think and perform well.