get paid today 1up 2up programs. Are MLM programs dead?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by biz2day, Nov 12, 2009.

1. biz2day New Member

i think the mlm programs are dead , the new type are "get paid today" , this is what people want, the mlm way where you build your downline takes years to get any income, and the ones that do make any money are the site owners.
    Get paid today programs pays member to member and their is 100% pay out, and you get paid today, just google get paid today and see what these money making programs can do for you [IMG]
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

1ups and 2ups have been around for years.[IMG]
  3. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi Biz2day,

Yes, I have seen a similar Australian based organisation.

The product line they sold to their members was downloadable "educational packages" tied in with internet marketing and personal development.

This system pays a high upfront amount but over the longer term the residual income from a MLM or Network Marketing business would surely exceed any income from a 1 or 2 or 3 up, don't you think?

Warm Regards

Aaron Riddell
  4. talfighel Silver Member

There are some companies online that pay you once a week for fast start bonuses.

Yes, you will have to build 1-4 years in order to make a nice residual income but it is all worth it.

Tal
  5. fredraley New Member

Your marketing plan will determine how and how often you get paid.

The current model has you build your list of prospective buyers, teach them, provide value and sell related items to them (funded proposal). Then, after they become avid followers, you bring them into your MLM for long term income.

Lots of ways to skin the cat!
  6. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

biz2day: i think the mlm programs are dead , the new type are "get paid today" , this is what people want, the mlm way where you build your downline takes years to get any income, and the ones that do make any money are the site owners.
    In 3 years when your GPT isn't paying you residual income and you only made a little bit of extra money just think. hmmmm if I joined an MLM 3 years ago today I'd be set for life...

You just need to put the work in and have persistence..

Matt
  7. Cesar Fasano New Member

I'm involved in the g.p.t model too and regardless of that is all about what are you doing and how you are attracting entrepreurs to your team.

Having been involved in both models, the main difference I see is time.

The traditional MLM model is based on building a big team that put cash on the table on a long term window of time..

In the other hand, the G.P.T. (or Direct Sales) starts paying you 3 and 4 figures PER sale right away..

It's really about how you see it.

Regards..
  8. FreeCashMan Active Member

If anyone is thinking in terms of serious business building they would not be thinking about direct sales. Residual income sets you free.

The challenge is not that MLM is dead because it certainly is not, what people are looking for is training and support that will help them. That is where MLM has failed many, as well as many have not come in with the right mindset to achieve success.

To succeed in network marketing, you must first enter with a job mentality. Get your work schedule in order, then once you put in your work you can retire on the residual income.

There is nothing like residual cash flow and having a team of people that help to make your income monthly and keeps it growing. With direct sales you are only as good as your last sale, and then the race starts all over again....it is never ending.
  9. fay61 New Member

biz2day
    Those get paid daily programs may fit for you; but in no way are MLM companies the past. In fact, network marketing is the fastest growing business model period. All stats point to this.
  10. talfighel Silver Member

Matt Zenittini: In 3 years when your GPT isn't paying you residual income and you only made a little bit of extra money just think. hmmmm if I joined an MLM 3 years ago today I'd be set for life...
    Very good point Matt. People are looking for easy money and come across too many scams out there online that promise them to make $1 Million in less then 1 year with no effort and that the company will do the work for them.

This is a BIG lie and this is why so many people have failed over and over again with these types of opportunities.

Tal
  11. drunyan New Member

My mlm pays commission and residuals weekly. It is nice to earn money and be rewarded on a weekly basis, no waiting a month or month and a half to get what you have earned. If you do the work, you will receive your pay. It's nice to be recognized regularly.
  12. arpeggiomeister New Member

I personally prefer the GPT model over the traditional MLM. This is because I prefer to build residual income through other means; rent from apartment buildings, covered calls and dividends in the stock market, etc.

What attracts me is access to a high ticket item for relatively low start-up cost. The average GPT comission pays out $1,000. It would take a whole lot of sales in Amway or Mary Kay to get a payout that big. Donald Trump's father was a prominent builder of low income housing in New York. Donald decided to change his focus from the Bronx and Queens to Manhattan. It would take an entire building built by his father to equal the rent that Donald commands with a single apartment in Trump Tower.

I am not saying that MLM is bad and GPT is the way to go, it is all a matter of opinion. It's Ferrari vs Ford Motor Company.

On the other hand, my frustration with the GPT programs is that I have yet to find one that lives up to it's price tag. I thought I had found it with Emerald Passport. They sell health and wealth education. I am a big fan of author Robert Kiosake (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) so the financial education really struck a chord with me. When I purchased it not only was the info really dry, but it was a generic load of crap. Any yahoo can tell you to invest in mutual funds, the problem is that that is really bad advice. Don't believe me? We have suffered to major crashes in the past 10 years. If you had 100k in a 401k(rap) plan in 1999, you are extremely lucky if it is worth 100k today. In the meantime gas prices have almost tripled, the Fed is printing money like crazy... ...in terms of spending power you have lost money. I'm off in a tangent, but my point is that Emerald Passport's stock market advice was horrible!!! The real estate section was a little better, but for $1,300 I expect people to knock my socks off. It's too bad because the idea is there. I think it could be a huge hit.

Emeral Passport is the closest to a legitimate opportunity out of all the GPTs I have looked at. I have looked at The Reverse Funnel System, Carbon Copy Pro, Pyxism, Numis, Life Path, etc. I have yet to find one that blow me away and makes me think "yeah, this is the one!!!"

Numis has a cool idea using silver and gold bullion but I think they are going to find themselves in hot water with the SEC. That stuff is very strictly regulated.

Carbon Copy Pro looks interesting, but I think they have priced themselves out of the market. They are a lead generating company affiliated with Wealth Masters International which has 3 product lines which are financial education. The M1 package is about $2,000, M2 $9,000, and M3 about $14,000. $2,000 is on the outer limits of what I would pay for any GPT program, simply because there are other companies where the start up is lower. If I have $9,000 in my pocket to invest it will be used as a down payment on a piece of real estate, not a GPT or MLM which I consider high risk.

I am still looking for the right opportunity and fear the only way may be to create it myself. I do not have the capital or credentials that the big guns do.

Is there such a company already in existence? It has to meet the following criteria:

1. It must have a product/service worth the price tag.
    2. It must have a start up cost no greater than $1,500.
    3. It must pay out large commissions. $1,000 seems to be the industry standard. I would except less based on the product value, and start up costs.
    4. The pay structure must be easy to understand, and pay out at a reasonable time. Pyxism's pay structure was so wacked that I lost interest in the company without knowing much about any of the above criteria.

It's not a difficult criteria, just 4 things. When I put these companies to the test it chews 'em up and spits 'em out. 95% never make it past #1. They are all focused on the "opportunity" and mention the product in passing. I think Numis is the only company that was truly up front about their product.

In conclusion, I believe that GPT has incredible potential but as far as I can tell nobody has truly nailed it yet. It leaves the door wide open for someone willing to take up the challenge. I have seriously debated taking on the challenge myself but I do not have the capital or credentials. It would be done on a shoe-string and I doubt people would take that seriously considering what is out there in the market now.
  13. Mike McClurg New Member

MLM over 50 years and still going strong [IMG]