Getting Backlinks the Spiritual (Easy) Way

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jan 15, 2010.

1. LaurieK

LaurieK New Member

One simple way to get backlinks is to submit articles to article directories.... you can take the content from one page you might have added to your site and instead turn it into an article and submit it (or add it to your site, but rewrite it slightly for an article).

You then include links to your web site in the author resource box at the bottom. I've heard it's good to include the url twice -- once as a keyword hyperlink and once as the straight URL.

The idea is that other web masters will come to find content for their sites (they are not creative enough to write their own, I guess, which is good for us) and may post your article. The TOS of the directory is that they must include your author resource box with live links intact.

Article marketing is an old method, but from what I know, it's still very powerful.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

LaurieK: Article marketing is an old method, but from what I know, it's still very powerful.
    It absolutely IS a very good way to drive good quality traffic to your website.

3. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

garygoh: Personally, I think building contents and backlinks should be done concurrently.

And I agree, to a point. Basically, the backlink-building shouldn't then become something that stands in the way of content creation. Vishal makes a very good point, and it's funny that something so simple (content being primary) is so often overlooked.

4. davestez

davestez New Member

I learn a lot from the posts here. I also agree that content is a king and creating a unique and informative article is the best way to promote a website.

5. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Hi Vishal,
    I must congratulate you because this is by far the most spiritual way of taking things i have seen on the net. And it clearly definite your capacity to transcend and go to the core of things. As far as i am concerned the way you put it is true, because that is how it works on both planes physical and non-physical and i also believe it is high time we pump some real spirituality in our working wheither online or not.
    Thank you for the great insight: it is by doing the work we reap its rewards.

Cheers,

robinincarolina likes this.
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

7. nanlar

nanlar New Member

Just a thought but before the expansion of the internet would you have purchased a magazine with just advertisements? I agree content is king.

8. biltongonline

biltongonline New Member

I wish it was as easy as as just waiting for the back links to come naturally , still there are a few things that I do that help me out a lot in my back linking strategy . Vishal is right about focusing on your work and not on the results , I actually find the whole process of building back links quite rewarding as i use this time to increase my knowledge, there is so much to learn out there, just relax and enjoy - before you know it you will be swimming in back links

9. jlake

jlake New Member

Really Great thinking and very inspiring.

I have at time thougt oh i should be learning all this SEO stuff but when ever i try to get my head around it all i feel as if i am tied up in knots.

I am always happiest when i am putting my heart and feeling into what ever i am am doing so thanks for putting this thread together.

10. systembuilder

systembuilder New Member

Just now I vote I agree with you Vishal.. thanks for the post..

11. Sum Yung Ho

Sum Yung Ho New Member

Hi Vishal,

Yes, I fully agree with you.

To that I would add guest posting, ethical blog commenting, and ethical forum marketing.

Sum Yung Ho!

12. Marktech

Marktech Member

You are right Vishal, we need to stop looking for the "magic push-button" and get down to doing real work. Every day it seems Clickbank comes out with some new software that is supposed to do all the work. The fact is, this is a "no free lunch world", there is no real perpetual motion machines either.

To get, you have to first give, that being said, there are some things that can make it easier, but without that spark of creativity and hard work to set things in motion, nothing will work.

13. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

Quality content it is!
    I once read from a long time ago that you should first establish yourself as an authority on a subject matter and traffic will converge into your sites.
    Gone are those days it seems.

14. jamess

jamess Member

Content and Back Links are the most important and main factor to rank well. If you are doing quality work constantly then you got better result itself..

15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

What if there is no such thing as competition? What if there is enough to go around for everyone? Abundance? If you want to know your major competitor, look in the mirror. Trying to stay in front of the competition in my world is a scarcity mentality.

I agree 100% Vishal! I don't spend time building back links anymore.

Vishal P. Rao and Just2EZ like this.
  16. rvlady

rvlady Member

I need to stay away from being concerned about competition. I like what you said above Robin, and agree. Too many times I didn't "try" because I was held back for fear of comptetition:)

Just2EZ likes this.
  17. I agree, focus on providing good content and helping others. Too many people focus on making money first and helping others second. It is actually the other way around. Help people first and then you can start to think about making money. :)

18. rvlady

rvlady Member

Kevin! You are so right and it is exactly where I am in my life today. Learning how to live unselfishly, just for myself. I usually think of how I like to be treated on a site I visit, am I bombarded with "buy this" or do I feel these people really care about others well-being:) Denise

Vishal P. Rao and Just2EZ like this.
  19. whitney black

whitney black Member

I agree with this, you shouldn't rely on backlinks anymore. It's more about giving valuable content that people wanna share with their friends. Word of mouth is still the best marketing method.

20. Jean Givan

Jean Givan New Member

I'm on the "late freight" but I totally agree. I'm a newbie @ forums and things of this nature. But people do this because they're chasing dollars. When I say "do this," I mean focus on getting backlinks as opposed to providing good content. They know about the traffic and money associated with it. That's why they jump on the bandwagon. Good content will take care of backlinks for sure.