Getting other network marketers to join your MLM business on Facebook

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by kailo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. kailo

kailo New Member

How are you guys getting people from other MLM business to join your business on Facebook?

Are you just typing in the name of their MLM business, and then just adding them all to your friends' list and chat with them later?

What is your strategy?
  2. abdncwithlj

abdncwithlj New Member

That, I think, is called spam. But some people do it and are successful with it. Good luck.
  3. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

kailo, connecting on FB with other mlm'ers has its own unique pros and cons. Your goal would be to learn from them if you are new. Trying to get them to join your business is not recommended unless you are an experienced mlm'er and know what to look for. Either way you would have to have known them quite well to find out if they are actually looking for something else. If you step on their toes while posting, intentional or not, they may just unfriend you. Be careful what you post, remember others are seeing your posts too. There is a way of doing it, but it wil be very time consuming.
  4. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

I don't recommend going after other network marketers on facebook. That is the worst strategy. Sure you can friend some of them and develop a relationship and maybe someday a few of them will join you. You want to figure out who else that is not in network marketing already is on facebook and then build relationships with those people. For example, franchise owners, stay at home moms, teachers etc.
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

The same way you should approach friends in person,
    "Do you know anyone who might be interested in...?"
    Don't ask friends to join, ask them who they know.
    If your "friend" is interested they will ask for info.
    Be a true friend and not a hunter seeking prey.
  6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I just found this in the WAHF ancient archives:

silke247
    Enthusiast
    Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:58 pm Post subject:

"In Network Marketing, the NETWORKING always comes before the MARKETING" - Silke Stahl

And you can quote me on that!

Silke
    Wink
  7. kailo

kailo New Member

I have recruited a few people on Facebook, but I want to be able to scale this up.

A lot of folks are so loyal to their business that they would never imagine joining another company.

Never burn your bridges with these people either as some of the "NO" will become "YES" in the future.

Just wanted to hear from anybody who is doing this smoothly on a daily basis.
  8. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

kailo, if you already have a method of recruiting on FB, that's great. Simply scaling it up basically means making contact with more people online just as you would do in person. Remember, some will join another company but for good reason. Some see it as having multiple streams of income. Some are just not getting the benefits they seek.
  9. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

It's very difficult to recruit directly off of facebook without being labeled a spammer and being un-friended by lots of people. My recommendation would be to have a blog or a free ebook that you can promote on facebook, then you can market to those who subscribe to what you have offered.

Good luck!
  10. jaybird1973

jaybird1973 New Member

What I've been doing on Facebook is I've been putting my links to my businesses on my own wall because it's my wall and I can put them on my wall if I want to and I've also been putting them on the walls of business groups that I'm in that say it's okay to put them on their walls such as the "Advertise Your Business Here" or "Promote Your Business Here" groups.

What I haven't been doing is I haven't been putting my business links on my friends walls because I know that's spamming and that's also a sure fire way to lose friends.
  11. auditt05

auditt05 New Member

I donnow , but I do feel that Facebook is not the right place for that.. maybe my own wall is ok,.. but if you are eager for Facebook, then you MUST have your own page there

Your business's page on facebook. and give it some ads
  12. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I personally think it is a waste of time doing business like this.

Why don't you take your opportunity and your own link or website and promote in on Google and Yahoo. This will get you faster results.
  13. jaybird1973

jaybird1973 New Member

I don't know anything about promoting a business on Google and Yahoo yet. Is it free to promote a business on them? Or, is there more than one option on them, you know, a free option and then paid options?

I have a really small promotion budget for my businesses right now, so what I've been doing is I've been promoting my businesses on all of the free websites such as Facebook, Craigslist, Ad Land Pro, etc., etc.
  14. LadyK

LadyK New Member

kailo
    Well I signed up with LinkedIn and there was this Social Media Marketing group that had a forum to post your Facebook page. So that is how I received some fans.
  15. kailo

kailo New Member

Some amazing ideas here!

I have tried advertising my business in FB groups like Home Based Business, and I have generated a few good leads so far!
  16. SocialMediaWAHM

SocialMediaWAHM New Member

I think that befriending people who are NOT yet in business such as moms, is a fantastic idea. I've been going after current business people myself because my app has a branding feature that business people really like, but who needs a stay at home business more than moms, i'm a WAHM myself!!!
  17. amberjones1986

amberjones1986 New Member

Facebook is kinda tricky when it come to recruiting. I have recruited there before, but all of them, I picked up the phone and just talked to them to get to know them.

It sometimes can get frustrating b/c it seems like some people cant have a conversation without trying to cross recruit you.

Maybe in a conversation just ask them what they think is the biggest challenge in our industry, just to see how they respond.

Sometimes I will even just send a "hello" message and ask how's it been going and whats new. you'd be surprised how many people with spill their guts and frustration which will open a door.
  18. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

hmm I like that idea amberjones
  19. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I see facebook marketing as a place where you can get the list and then promote your offerings. Like you said by posting links and videos on your walls. Therefore, make more friends and then more are likely to be reading your post. And if you are really into social networking then socialize and get yourself seen and with that comes your links and wall post.
  20. benwesdorp

benwesdorp New Member

Some people have had a lot of success talking to network marketers on facebook. You can't simply try to recruit them into your program if they are already in a program of their own. That's like arguing over who's wife is prettier - it just doesn't work. You have to have something that they need and want. Someone mentioned a free ebook - which is a good idea if it has good content. The thing to remember is that most people go through 3-4 companies before they find one that really works for them. Make friends, don't pitch. Eventually some of them will come to you and ask what you're doing.