Getting targeted traffic?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by tonyb, Feb 6, 2006.

1. inter

inter New Member

Hi tonyb,

Search engine marketing is the best way to get quality traffic to your site.

2. Benjamin Scott

Benjamin Scott New Member

Tony, here are three strategies that I use that are free and
    very effective to get visitors to your website that actually end
    up turning into paid customers.

Strategy #1 = Traffic Exchanges: I personally have success with
    traffic exchanges. It is very important that you use them
    correctly to get the best out of them. Use them to collect email
    addresses or use them by advertising a catchy splash page that
    will attract the viewers attention.

Never use them to advertise a generic affiliate page or a whole
    webpage. You want to let the viewers see a splash page first
    which will catch their attention and then have them go to the
    main page or have a splash page offering a gift in exchange for
    an email address.

Here is a tutorial that I have in my forum about traffic
    exchanges. The tutorial is directed towards the members of my
    membership website but it applies to anyone who uses traffic
    exchanges: http://empireblast.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1150474901

Strategy #2 = Writing And Submitting Article To Directories:
    Everyone has something that they can write about. The idea is to
    write an article any where from 450 characters to about 900
    characters. Then you can submit them to as many article
    directories as possible. Two of the most popular are
    ideamarketers.com and ezinearticles.com

You can also use a submission service like articlemarketer.com
    which will submit your article to thousands of websites and
    directories. Here is how you get the traffic. At the end of the
    article you want to have a resource box. A resource box can
    simply be a 2 - 3 line sentence about yourself with a link to
    your website.

This will bring you traffic in a number of ways. People that read
    the article will go on and click on to your website because they
    just read a good article written by you. This builds up your
    reputation as a professional.

Another way that it will send you traffic is that since now you
    have thousands of websites linking to you, you will also receive
    search engine traffic. If you don't want to write an article you
    can also hire a ghost writer to write them for you.

Strategy #3 = Participating in forums: Notice that I said
    participating in forums. Not spamming forums. By helping out
    other people in forums and offering valuable information people
    will go ahead and click on your signature. These are very
    targeted visitors because you just helped them out and they are
    curious as what you have to offer to them.

Try all of the above strategies on a weekly basis and you will
    start to see results.

3. lickhau

lickhau New Member

i think a opt in page is very important to follow up with prospects...

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: tonybDoes anyone know about email marketing?

If you want to learn a bunch on email marketing, I would recommend reading Inside The List. It has a lot of great information on email marketing, but at $97, it does come with a hefty price tag.

If you don't want to purchase ITL, you can always get an Aweber subscription, which is an auto-responder which you can use to capture email adresses and send out mini courses. It costs $19.99 a month, but it is fairly user friendly, and they have great customer service.

If you are going to start email marketing, one thing to keep in mind is to try and provide your subscribers with some kind of value - don't just throw out a bunch of sales pitches without providing value, because this will probably just tick people off.

5. RichTheJerk

RichTheJerk New Member

Lick:
    The only thing about an Opt-In Page/PopUp is the fact that alot of actually qualified people bypass them by just hitting the Close Button. Some then tend to get annoyed because they know what is involved once they submit their email address.

Rich The Jerk

6. coreyjroman

coreyjroman Silver Member

Email marketing is very risky. Make sure that if you are going to buy into a campaign of this nature that you really check out the company providing it first. People have already been put in jail in some states for spamming. I agree that search engine are the best site magnet however they can be pricy at times due to ranked rates.

7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: coreyjromanEmail marketing is very risky.
    Yes, it is risky and even for a double optin mailing list, response rates are low for repeat mailings

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: RichTheJerkThe only thing about an Opt-In Page/PopUp is the fact that alot of actually qualified people bypass them by just hitting the Close Button. Some then tend to get annoyed because they know what is involved once they submit their email address.

What you can do is create a "squeze" page, which is an opt in form that is part of your webpage. That way, you don't have tp worry about someone closing a popup box. Aweber will generate the "opt in" code you can copy and paste right into your web page.

9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: coreyjromanMake sure that if you are going to buy into a campaign of this nature that you really check out the company providing it first. People have already been put in jail in some states for spamming.

If you use Aweber, you create your own email list. People who sign up for your list are automatically tracked through Aweber, and Aweber automatically includes an "opt out" link which allows people to stop receiving emails from you if they don't want to receive them anymore. This way, you don't have to worry about people accusing you of being a spammer, because you have done your part to allow people to opt out - and you have only emailed people who have opted in.

10. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

Quoting: tonybDoes anyone know about email marketing?

Hi Tonyb

I would touch this if you paid me for it. Why, we have so many issues these days wit Spam, and it is only getting worse. However, if you have your own list of opt in subscribers, then you can safely market to them via email autoresponders, provided you supply them with a link to unsubscribe. All the good responder compnaies have this inbuilt anyway. Keep your hands of whitelists!

11. LifeofEgypt

LifeofEgypt New Member

I use splash pages on the traffic exchanges to recruit prospects to my opportunities. Something short, catchy that tends to stand out.

Always try to capture email adderesses when possible to keep a steady stream going through your autoresponder series.

12. chp

chp New Member

Hallo Everybody

I agree that Free classifieds is not bad , ad words you do need to know what you do ,otherwise it can drain your resources quickly. I also use banner ads ,but it is targeted traffic one is actually looking for. Traffic swarm brings traffic ,but no real conversions . The best is good content and writting good and interesting articles .

13. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

Best ways to get targetted traffic is:
    adwords
    blogs
    articles
    directories
    forums.

14. dppls

dppls New Member

If I were you I'd get a statcounter webpage counter to count your visitors.

Then use Google Adwords, but be carefull, there is alot of competition... in could be throwing your money out the windows...

Email marketing is kind of touchy, unless you have a list of opted-in user, you better never mind... My opinon only...

15. workn momma

workn momma New Member

I've read all of the opinions thus far on getting traffic and I currently use yahoo marketing but was thinking of doing some other form or paid targeted traffic. Supposing I am already employing the other strategies above...opt-in , article writing, forums, what is "your" opinion on the very BEST targeted traffic you can buy? I'm just curious to see, so perhaps we can all benefit from this. [​IMG] I mean if several have at least one or two the same, that sounds pretty good to me.

Also, someone called me today and asked if I wanted to pay $4900 for 30000 guaranteed targeted hits, they were from Ultimate Business Solutions, so I'm guessing that's where the traffic would be coming from, anyway I'm sure you can all guess my answer.

16. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

The best traffic you can ever get is from your personal efforts - writing articles and posting in forums, being the best in quality, and then from paid search listings. Don't ever fall for guaranteed hits. Most of these hits come from autosurfing who have absolutely no interest in the site they are visiting.

17. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

I had the same problem getting traffic to my sites and im still studying adword. I started using hits2u and so far its the best free advertising i have tried.

18. TheCeoGuy

TheCeoGuy New Member

tonyb, You have 5,000 hits on your website.. thats awesome..
    how you do that?

Im a google adwords junkie.

last 24 hours i generated over 40 leads for less then 20 bucks.

my ppc is around 20cents with a 40% opt in...plus it also helps to have a killer landpage that converts..

All the be$t

TheCeoGuy.

19. gator

gator New Member

has anybody used get traffic now.com

20. Zach Andary

Zach Andary New Member

Most free methods usually result in targeted leads due to the nature of the ad source...

When it comes to fast, targeted leads instantly, rent a list for a mailing.

Use a solo ad and get lots of leads generally delivered within a few days...
    These lists are targeted for the most part, and usually results in a few sales.

To the top,
    Zach Andary