Getting the most mileage out of this or any forum...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jun 5, 2008.

1. shleprock89

shleprock89 New Member

Vishal, I just want to thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I must admit I'm a little lost but Im sure after a bit I will be fine

2. homebus

homebus New Member

excellent post here with information which is so, so, so important. I know that when i have my customer hat on, the last thing i want is to be blatantly sold to. Making money online is great of course but there's a right way and a wrong way. what's been outlined here is totally correct. many thanks

john

3. armywife1988

armywife1988 New Member

I just read this and i have to know something I tried to be myself giving real information about what I do but people listen to the others who are scamming them then i see anther post from them ( on a different site) still looking and saying they dont want to be scammed again How do i help them? I have a real job no matter what i do they end up going through someone whos more aggressive them me and they lose hundrends

4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

armywife1988: How do i help them?

Hi Shari,

The simple answer is that you can't. You're never going to be able to help everyone. I know exactly what you mean about trying to encourage people to try something that you KNOW genuinely works, and feel frustrated for them when they continue to make bad decisions trying things that don't.

Your best option is just to continue on helping those you can and building some credibility for yourself. As you stick around a particular forum and build a reputation for helping others by providing helpful tips, more and more people will be led to consider your recommendations.

That doesn't happen quickly. Be patient and help those you can. [​IMG]

Extra tip: By placing your email address in its proper format, you are opening yourself to an unspeakable amount of spambots targeting you. If you really want to show your email, spell out the at rather than the sign, like cooleyshariathotmail.com or place some spaces like this cooleyshari @ hotmail.com You'll save yourself some frustrations and headaches.

Blessings,
    Angie

5. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

Thanks Vishal - good advice - I'm sure we are all heeding it!

6. Claymerica

Claymerica New Member

HI Vishal, I too am a newbie but i have been searching this forum for several months. I have only a couple of posts because like you and some of the others have said i dont want to come off like im pushing something. I like to search more than post really.

That said i do want to get involved more and learn as much as possible. Thanks for all the great things this forum has to offer. Everyone i read about on here is super helpful-great forum!

7. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Claymerica: HI Vishal, I too am a newbie but i have been searching this forum for several months. I have only a couple of posts because like you and some of the others have said i dont want to come off like im pushing something. I like to search more than post really.

That said i do want to get involved more and learn as much as possible. Thanks for all the great things this forum has to offer. Everyone i read about on here is super helpful-great forum!

I'm glad you have realized the importance of not pushing too hard. Just hang on, learn and pretty soon you'll be out there sharing quality advice.

8. rovingdigital

rovingdigital New Member

Greetings from Canada. Thnx for the insite Vishal . Some we take leaps not steps have a great day

9. aholmes

aholmes New Member

Great advice Vishal. I agree that we all need to pay it forward. This practice, I have found, has given me the most success and friends.

Anthony Holmes

10. bjdclop

bjdclop New Member

Thanks Vishal and all the rest of the community here to a warm welcoming. I recently ventured in to a business and decided to search around to make sure I'm doing things right. I was on these forums for about 2 minutes before realizing that I wanted to register and bookmark this to return habitually. I am very impressed with the topics and look forward to conversations that may arise in the future.

11. Louidam1

Louidam1 New Member

This is a very good forum and I'm glad I joined!! I learned a lot and also got hits to my website.

12. claxton dewey

claxton dewey New Member

Hello Vishal and of course everyone else here. Being a newbie to forums, reading all of your posts has enlightened me. I still feel somewhat intimidated, but reading all the great information has eased that feeling. Look forward to reading and learning more from everyone's posts!

Claxton Dewey

13. Julsy

Julsy New Member

Guilty as charged! But I am learning and thank you for showing us the way! Thats exactly why I am here! What better way to learn than to make a few mistakes along the way, so hopefully we don't repeat them!

Again, thanks for your guidance Vishal!

14. jayccel

jayccel New Member

I'm happy to be a member here! Thanks for all of the wonderful tips and advice.

15. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Julsy: What better way to learn than to make a few mistakes along the way, so hopefully we don't repeat them!

Ugh, don't remind me, I've made a few too many of those, lol...

16. Alex365

Alex365 New Member

Spoken from the heart Vishal..Karma springs to mind.
    Thanks for providing a truly unique community.

17. semaj216

semaj216 New Member

A thanks for that e-mail welcoming me here. as u know im ike a deer in head lights im looking to offer people my servicse off this sight, if i may ask u for your help were do i go to get started?

18. milton21

milton21 New Member

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate. I look forward to contributing my quota to the success of this wonderful forum and also to learn from the gurus

19. akirk

akirk New Member

Hi my name is angie. I've been scammed many times through home bases businesses. I want to know if there is someone who is working one that actually makes a profit. My faith in this business has greatly decreased. I now google a business to see if anyone thinks that it's a scam, but people are now making money on businesses that are a scam. I just don't know who to believe. That's why I would like to talk with someone who is really making money, and will show me step by step what they did, so i can follow it exactly. I'm willing to do the work I just need someone to show me. If that person is you, please email me personally so that we can exchange numbers, i'm desperate!

20. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Angie,

I'm Angie, too. [​IMG] I'm making money from my websites that I built about things I'm interested in. You can take a look at them and see what I mean.

I don't know what kind of home businesses you've been involved with in the past, but there are so many different kinds and a great many of the ones in the 'work from home' field are pretty scammy.

You would probably be better off building your own independent business like I did and am doing around something that you already know or love.

I didn't have any prior knowledge or experience, but was able to follow a step by step Action Guide to help me create my first (then second, and third) website.

Thankfully, I hadn't got caught up in too many scams before finding something that works. I admit that I did purchase a few 'ebooks' and 'programs' that promised the moon and delivered ashes. Fortunately, I was quick enough to recognize it and get my money back before losing anything other than my time.

If something sounds like you are going to make a lot of money quickly with little or no effort, completely ignore it.

If you are willing to do the work like you say you are, there is no reason why you can't build your own home based business online that will gradually grow and bring in an extra income for you.

Do you have a hobby, special interest, passion, skill, or knowledge in a particular area? Turn it into a niche topic website that you can be proud of.

If that sounds too hard or scary, don't worry. If you have the right instruction manual and tools, it's not at all as bad as it sounds. [​IMG]

If this is something that sounds like you might be interested in learning more about, feel free to send me a private message, or contact me through one of my websites.

I'm more than happy to explain the steps I took to get where I am so far. I have a long way to go yet to get to where I want to be, but I have really come a long way and can see the checkered flag in the distance. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie