Getting Traffic

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by Kelsey, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Since I started working from home, these are the most effective ways to get traffic.

1. Post the link in your Signature- The more people who see your link, the more who will look at it.
    2. Don’t Get Involved In Scams- Make sure that you are bringing people to a good site. If your site is just another scam you will lose trust.
    3. Answer Questions- Sites like yahoo answers are good places for getting quick sign-ups. However make sure that you completely answer the question or else you will be marked as spam.
    4. Use Url directories- Make sure you submit your Url to many different sites.
    5. Articles- Some people are saying that submitting articles has become ineffective, however I completely disagree. Get the word out, and make sure you post to many different sites.

Any other suggestions??

Iris S and payment proof like this.
  2. Blog daily

3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Find different sites, social networks, groups, forums, etc. where people might share an interest in your product or service. You may be able to get some quality targeted traffic from places like that as well.

Don't spam. Contribute to the discussions and help others.

4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Getting traffic to ones website is not difficult. It's often a matter of what people will do to make it happen and then having the patience to let those that are in the "pipeline" take action.

One can pay for traffic and leads may come in fast but that doesn't necessarily mean fast sales.
    One can do free things such as forums, videos, blogs, Facebook, etc for traffic, it may not come as fast as paid but it still is a process in a person taking action to buy what you are offering.

I like doing a combination of both. If a person is getting the right type of targeted traffic to their site in due course the sales and sign ups will come.

5. 4melife

4melife New Member

SEO and Backlinking. Get your site to the top of the search results. There are many hints on how to do this here on the forum and other places.

6. Good Feather

Good Feather New Member

I use Facebook ads which are directed to a lead capture page. I have studied many different internet marketing strategies, there are so many good ones! I've found that if I focus on 1 or 2, I have more success than trying to do a lot of different things at once and not being successful at any, lol. I write myself a daily plan, and log in my actions daily. Reaching out daily, whether an ad, on Facebook, offline, etc is KEY.
    Invite anyone you meet to be on your newsletter! Then, send one out and offer LOTS of value and helpful content. Make it fun :)

Vanessa Deifel likes this.
  7. florbags

florbags Member

Social media is a great platform to get free traffic other than blogs and article directories.

My advice. Stick to one method. The problem with using multiple traffic generating methods is that it causes confusion, it's very time consuming and it's costly.

And one more thing... traffic is useless if it doesn't convert to sales. Traffic does not make you earn money, sales does. :)

8. Culin

Culin New Member

The best of the best ways to get loads and loads of traffic is through SEO.
    People get very high traffic with SEO and are equally earning big bucks as a result of that.
    If you don't know how to do it just hire a qualified person to do it for you.The results will be worth your investment.

9. Iris S

Iris S New Member

I am so glad I am apart of this forum now. I have been on forums before, but I am loving the feedback here.

10. Iris S

Iris S New Member

Can someone share with me is there a trusted site for paid legitimate traffic? I have seen sites that of course claims the traffic will be legit, but I just haven't bothered with it.

Thank you!

11. Iris S

Iris S New Member

Thanks for that information. Ads make it sound so worthwhile..

Suzanne-SB likes this.
  12. payment proof

SEO and SMM are both ways to get quality traffic, but it does take time and effort.

13. Iris S

Iris S New Member

Ok. Thank you. I do have my site and work SEO... but what does SMM mean? :)

payment proof likes this.
  14. payment proof

SMM stands for Social Media Marketing (marketing and promoting on sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.).

15. Iris S

Iris S New Member

OOOh ok...DUH... LOL I am working on those angles. Sounds like I am on the right track according to the previous messages. My site has been around over a year, however I started working with someone about 6 months ago that really is leading me to what is mentioned here. I also write articles and post in various places. Keeping everything honest and legit. I see it does take time and patience... :)

Thanks everyone!!

payment proof likes this.
  16. payment proof

No worries Iris. :) There are so many abbreviations for so many different things it's tough to keep up with all of them.

It sounds like you've got a good plan and a very positive attitude. Keep working at it and don't give up!

Good luck. :)

Iris S likes this.