Give me one good reason why

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by weebitty, Oct 3, 2010.

1. weebitty

weebitty Member

I would like to know just one good reason from you why you want to be successful. [​IMG]

I was just commenting on another thread about motivational reading before bed and came up with this idea for this thread. I think motivation was a good area to put this thread so that we can all be reminded of why we got into business or whatever we are persuing right now. We get down and disillusioned and lose our mometum and desire and need to be reminded sometimes. I want real reasons on here not something like I want to be rich. WHY do you want to be rich, or successful. [​IMG] Then when you get down come back and read your own words or someone elses and maybe something they said will make a difference too. I will start out one for you.

I want to be successful in my business because I have a fear that my kids won't have much of a future, I want to leave them something more. Plus I need to be successful for me just me. And by that I will have helped some others too I hope.[​IMG]

ok whos next??
  2. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Ever since I was 4 years old and my dad would tell me I could be ANYTHING I wanted to be when i grew up..

I would tell him I wanted to be rich.. And I thought it was silly that everyone didn't want to be rich.. Because he told me that anyone could be anything they wanted..

Since then I have learned a lot and realized I don't care if I'm rich or not I just want to be happy.

My WHY has always been to help other people. I am extremely happy being able to help other people and enjoy a lifestyle that allows me to spend time doing what it is I want to do.

Just remember when you were a kid and your parents told you that you could be anything you wanted to be if you wanted it bad enough.

Financial freedom is no different =].

There is no "trick" to getting it. Some people don't just get "lucky".

Remember to do consistent daily actions that help you achieve your WHY and never give up.

Matt
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Easy - I want to make enough moolah to support my family when we go to another country as missionaries....[​IMG]
  4. westfam11

westfam11 Member

My reason: I am going to be successful so that we never have to leave our family again and go to another state (US) for a job if we don't want to.

We are on our way back to Missouri as of November 1st. My husband got a job in our home state and I am going to make sure we never have to leave again unless it is our own choice, not because we are forced to just to have a J.O.B.
  5. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

I's not about being rich for me. It's about calling my own shots so noone can put there thumb on me. To be in control of my own future and build a legacy for my children's children by helping others.

Bill
  6. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

It's that nagging "voice" within telling me I can do better.

I believe everybody has that "voice" within or should I say that little kid within that wants more adventure and to experience new things.

Listen to that little "voice" more and who knows how successful we will all become.

Aaron
  7. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

I want to be a successful online entrepreneur so that I can continue to be a stay at home Mum and avoid putting my kids in childcare.

I want to be a successful online entrepreneur for me, because I know I can create a tangible, profitable business and because I need the mental stimulation, the challenge.

I want to be a successful online entrepreneur because I want to make a meaningful contribution to our dream to buy our first family home.

Thanks for a great post, what a wonderful process.

J
  8. weebitty

weebitty Member

I would like to add a little something here for us to maybe write down and look at everyday. I don't know who said it so I can't give credit. But it is very profound and a reminder too.

It is never to late to become what you might have been. [​IMG]

Could this alone be motivation or inspiration! I know we have all noted that we like to help others but would it hurt if we helped ourselves along the way? [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong there isn't a feeling much better than you having done a good deed for someone. It doesn't matter to me if the person knows it or not or thanks me or not. That feeling is reward enough for me. Have you ever noticed just giving someone a smile when you pass them can lift your spirits a little?
  9. lisafox

lisafox Guest

Hi weebity !
    I just loved loved your post. Their would have been an option like facebook to like it I would have done that N number of times.

I want to become rich to have power and popularity in my hand. [​IMG]
  10. reyeshane

reyeshane New Member

Well, earning for living has always been the main reason why people wanted to be successful.

It is really true especially on the changing economy that we have right now and the different problems we faced each day.

However, there is also one reason why we have to be successful.

For me, this is to prove how you will succeed with the career you choose in life.

Of course, it has to be base on your skills and expertise especially on how you deal with each challenges you face.
  11. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Success for me is having access to as many options that permit me to live life on my terms, as much as possible.

I believe we humans respond to an inner impulse to grow, develop and discover beyond our current level, and to accomplish that requires us to challenge ourselves in various ways.

Wanting to be "successful" is one of those urges we recognize.

Interestingly enough, most of us want success not simply for ourselves, but for what it would allow us to do for others.

Hermas
  12. weebitty

weebitty Member

A8ch, You put it so well in so few words. A true gift you have in writing ability and wisdom. Always enjoy your replys. [​IMG]
  13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

14. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

"Success does not bring happiness...
    Happiness brings success!" Albert Schweitzer 1875-1965

Enjoy what you are doing or you won't do it.
    For me, success is being able to help others.
    When I fail at that I fail to be successful.
  15. weebitty

weebitty Member

Just2EZ: Enjoy what you are doing or you won't do it.
    For me, success is being able to help others.
    When I fail at that I fail to be successful.
    Very true indeed. You must be a success first then you can help others by teaching them and helping them along the way with the wisdom you have learned. There are many measurements[​IMG] of success.
  16. hunysukle

hunysukle New Member

To prove my family wrong. They always told me working online was a scam. Plus, I don't want to live an "average" boring lifestyle.
  17. TFranklin

TFranklin New Member

I want to be home with my children. I want my husband to be able to use the gifts that God gave him to do something he can be proud of, rather than waste them at a job that gives him no satisfaction. I want the freedom to explore, and experience life, for myself and for my children. I want to be able to spoil my parents for once in there lives, while they're still young enough to enjoy it. I want to live life to the fullest, without the worry and stress I've watched my parents endure all their lives. I want FREEDOM!

Thank you for this post. It definitely has inspired me to reach for my goals.
  18. weebitty

weebitty Member

TFranklin, You have great goals and don't loose sight of them. Remind yourself everyday and you will do it. You may fail a few times in your attempts but keep at it. You will make it. [​IMG]
  19. KarenSmith67

KarenSmith67 New Member

Ultimately EVERYONE wants to be rich! We would be lying to ourselves if we said we didn't.

I want to be financially free, pay-off debt, do what I want, when I want, not worry about whether the bills will get paid...AND I want to be able to support the charites of my choosing.

I DO WANT TO BE RICH!
  20. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

I don't want to 'settle' for anything other than the life I want.

Life is such a balance - you want the money to have freedom of choice but often this means sacrificing precious time.

Or you take the time to enjoy life in its fullest, but if you don't have the ultimate financial freedom to do this it can end up taking a huge toll on your future.

I want to look back on my life and have no regrets or unfulfilled wishes.