Give me one good reason why

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by weebitty, Oct 3, 2010.

1. KarenSmith67

KarenSmith67 New Member

Hi Rach-

Nobody should settle for anything but the life they want. I agree that life is a balance, but sometimes we have to sacrifice precious time to achieve the end result- financial freedom.

I am a person that believes in living life to the fullest, while reaching for the stars. I create my experiences and if I have set realistic goals in acheiving financial freedom, I can do this, while living life to the fullest.

Life is meant to be lived and I know for myself I have regrets, but my choices in life have gotten me where I am today-at peace with myself and my life.
  2. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

"I agree that life is a balance, but sometimes we have to sacrifice precious time to achieve the end result- financial freedom. "

Depends on what that time that you are sacrificing is. If the time that you are sacrificing is just time that you spend 'treading water' then yeah, the sacrifice is worth it.

If the time that you sacrifice is time with your kids, your Mom and Dad, siblings, people that mean something to you, sleep, exercise and a hobby then all you are doing is creating wealth but breaking relationships. Including the relationship with yourself.

My husband was a dairy farmer. He worked 80 hour weeks and got paid very well, but at the end of the day all he did when he got home was eat, stare at the TV and go to bed. He didn't even have the energy left to ring friends and family.

What a lonely existence.....

This what makes this life so great, we absolutely get the best of both worlds [​IMG]
  3. KarenSmith67

KarenSmith67 New Member

Back in the day, that is what mom's and dad's did....worked massive amounts of hours to provide for their family.

Home-based business's were not really heard of back then, accept for a couple that are still hanging on.

I was implying that when you are starting a business, any kind for that matter, you have to scarafice at first. Once you have built a solid foundation, you can reap the benefits of the hard work, and the sacrifices made.

It always helps to have the support of family and friends when building a business.
  4. kevrock529

kevrock529 New Member

I definitely want to be rich and am working towards that specific goal. I do believe money is a part of happiness, not 100% but it can make or break a happy situation.

I see people here saying they want happiness and not money. Ummm how happy are you going to be if you lose your job have no money and you and your family need to foreclose on your home? Money helps with happiness for sure. I want to be rich, so I can retire early and truly enjoy life rather than working until I die.
  5. WorkinHard

WorkinHard New Member

Freedom - that is what success is to me. The freedom to do whatever I want when I want.

To be able to house, feed and support my family with-out fear of losing my income stream.
    That's success to me and that's what I aspire to.
  6. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Why I do what I do? I want freedom, to be able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I Love helping people and I want to let others know that working a job is not the only way to make a living.
  7. mbasa

mbasa Member

I have always wanted to have my own business since school. Business success for me means that I have choices about how I organise my life and spend my time. I need to be free of the 9-5 o'clock bondage so that I can also participate in other projects that are close to my heart.
  8. weebitty

weebitty Member

I am glad to see this thread is still alive and well. I have reread this thread again to get reinspired. We all need that once in awhile. I have my grandson down for a visit for a week and can take all the time to enjoy him all I want to. They grow so fast!
  9. katereber

katereber New Member

I want to be successful for myself,so that when the time comes that I have to settle to have my own family, I can give all the needs of my kids.. Other than that, but also for my family.. I want to help them and make sure that at the end of the day we have food on our table to eat..
  10. mreese601

mreese601 Member

To change a generation! To be able to travel around the world! To be able to help other live their dream!
  11. mogulmedia

mogulmedia New Member

For personal pride, wealth and overall happiness for my family!

(Sorry that's 3 reasons!)
  12. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Island Time, I want to live on Island Time, and on an Island with my laptop would be even better!
  13. lifemyway

lifemyway New Member

To be able to live the life I have dreamed of while helping others do the same!!
  14. Moira Wight

Moira Wight New Member

I am creating an online business because I want to be in control of my own destiny.

My husband and son work for a company who do not treat them with the dignity and respect they deserve, so we want to be able to work for ourselves and determine what we do, how and when.

My family is also split up and spread all over the world - due to political instability in Africa - I want a way to earn more so that I can afford to visit them whenever I choose.
  15. Mavrhiley

Mavrhiley New Member

I think we need to look at where we want our success to lie. I am half way through a book written by Paul Blackburn and he assigns us an interesting task. He gets to imagine ourselves a long way in the future at a testimonial dinner in our homor. He then gets you to write for four speeches that are made at a testimonial dinner by certain people. You need to write these how you would like these people to talk about you.

The four speeches are by
    1) A family member
    2) someone from a group or club you attend
    3) A close friend
    4) Someone who has worked with you.

What you notice about these speeches are that what you tend to write is not materialistic, it's not that you drive a Porsche or live in a huge house, it is all about your values. You success as a parent, friend, collegue or team mate.

I thought it was pretty powerful stuff, and as I now know what my values are and what I want to be talked about in the future, my goals are targeting them.
  16. Azmos

Azmos New Member

I have one very good reason. DEBT FREE
  17. KB24

KB24 Member

For me just like some people have said in this thread its having the freedom to do what you want. With the economy the way it is no job is safe nowadays..
  18. KB24

KB24 Member

I want to make money online because I want the freedom to do what I want. Obviously the economy is shakey so I have a backup plan..
  19. Ina Stanley

Ina Stanley Member

I have several reasons for wanting to be successful, but my main one would be family. For many years my family has had to support us while we struggled through starting businesses and trying to find jobs and trying to go to school. I would really love to be able to repay them AND support some of their dreams and desires the way they've supported mine.

My family is going through a bit of a rough time right now. We have had to pool a lot of money together to resolve a very unfortunate and frustrating problem. I would love to be able to contribute to the rest of what is owed and to repay my father, who is retired and used just about all of his savings to solve this problem. And I would love to be able to give my wonderful fiance all of the birthday and valentine's day and Christmas and anniversary gifts that we haven't been able to share over the last few years in an attempt to be more conservative with our money.

Some of this is material, but my family are generally minimalists and rarely splurge on themselves. I want them to be able to enjoy a little more of their time and money. I want to be able to help them do that, and not worry about their expenses and whether celebrating a holiday or enjoying a vacation will hurt their finances.

I also agree with Karen. I had a great childhood and didn't want for anything. But I have not been financially free for any of my adult life. I have always had to worry about bills being paid in full and on time, and in our relationship we haven't really been able to do the fun couple things that most people take for granted (going out to dinner regularly, going to the movies regularly, vacationing). Not having to worry about money would allow us to enjoy some of those things as a couple, plan our wedding the way we want and actually feel like all of the time we're putting into working is benefiting us in some way.

My version of being rich isn't having millions of dollars necessarily, but it is having the freedom (in time and finances) to enjoy our lives when and where we want to...and to be able to give the same kind of freedom to my family and friends!
  20. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Why I Want To Be Successful
    Wow! For me there's a little emotion behind this one for me. First off my whole life I always wanted to be a person in position to help people. I mean Always! As a Christian it's my duty. I never felt like I was mean to work a typical 9-5. Of course this doesn't mean I never have or anything but I always felt like I had another purpose.(y)
    Another reason is I've been extremely blessed to always have people in my life that expected so much greatness from me and have always provided for me. For instance, My mom, girlfriend, and sister have always had my back and I just wanted to be able to say thank you.​
    However as a man I feel as though the way you say thank you is with your actions. So late 2011 early 2012 I took an interest in making money online for some reason. I was researching and found out it's growing into one of the largest businesses and how most people prefer shopping online ; then a light bulb:cool: came on mentally. I became more and more interested and continued to learn about this web business before I knew it I was actually doing it! I still can't believe it's happening for me. I'm doing something I enjoy and I'm helping people in the process:D
    Well there's a little run-down of my success story hope it helps someone out there to push through their adversities.​
    Kind Regards​