Goarticles verses Ezine articles: Which is better to submit to?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by srama3, Mar 18, 2009.

1. srama3 New Member

Hi, I was wondering which of the above article sites is the best to submit articles to. Will any of them give better exposure on the home page than the other?

Thanks,
    srama3
  2. AJFarro New Member

The home page of EzineArticles contains "today's" most recently approved articles. At the moment it's displaying 75 of them. I haven't paid attention before so I don't know if that's on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis based on displaying only 75 or if they'll display all of the articles approved for that day. But tomorrow will have a new batch.

The home page of GoArticles contains 4 categories, but displays only 5 in each catgory:
    1) Recently approved
    2) Most requested
    3) Top rated
    4) Top authors

So unless you can maintain a top 5 ranking for the most requested, top rated, or top author at GoArticles, seems like the best chance of getting on the home page would be on EzineArticles, even if it's only for one day.

Regards,
    -AJ
  3. Sonni New Member

Ezine articles is the best one to submit to as most article marketers will agree. However, once they accept it you can then submit to the others. EZA doesn't like to publish duplicates I should say won't.
    Sonni
  4. AJFarro New Member

Sonni's got a good point. EZA is super anal about what is submitted and how. Be sure to read the rules before posting. They run a very tight ship. Do some recon and cruise through the articles for a topic you're interested in writing about to get a feel for things.
  5. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I prefer EZine, even though they enforce so many rules.

If you submit the same article to other sites, you will have a PR battle between your content.

Have a great day!
    Victoria
  6. getagrip Gold Member

Ezinearticles is the best, but it might take you a week or two to get your articles approved. One benefit of Goarticles is that they do allow affiliate links, which is pretty rare for article directories.
  7. samda Member

As every one said Ezine articles is the best. They are high value website with great authority. If you were able to submit many articles in your nitche, your website will get more traffic and search engine rankings.

I have not personally used goarticles. But many say we can give second or third place to them after Ezine, articlebase etc.,
  8. A8ch Gold Member

AJFarro: The home page of EzineArticles contains "today's" most recently approved articles. At the moment it's displaying 75 of them. I haven't paid attention before so I don't know if that's on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis based on displaying only 75 or if they'll display all of the articles approved for that day. But tomorrow will have a new batch.

The home page of GoArticles contains 4 categories, but displays only 5 in each catgory:
    1) Recently approved
    2) Most requested
    3) Top rated
    4) Top authors

So unless you can maintain a top 5 ranking for the most requested, top rated, or top author at GoArticles, seems like the best chance of getting on the home page would be on EzineArticles, even if it's only for one day.

Regards,
    -AJ
    AJ,

I think determining which site is better to submit to depends on one's point of view, objective, market niche and several other factors. If popularity alone is one's measuring stick, then EzineArticles wins hands down because it is considered the Google of article distribution sites.

But that fact by itself is not sufficient to guarantee views to any particular article.

The right answer is whichever site delivers the best results for your articles, and you can only get to that by testing and analyzing the stats. Ideally, using both sites would certainly help you to extract the maximum overall benefit.

I notice that you based your observation on a comparison of the respective home pages. But there's more to these sites than their home page.

Every article accepted and published on EzineArticles...

(a) appears on the home page on a FIFO basis
    (b) is sent to their exclusive EzineArticles RSS Feed
    (c) is sent to their proprietary EzineArticles Email Alert Members
    (d) is displayed in its relevant category

Right out of the box that totals 4 opportunities for your article to be seen. In addition to that is the fundamental feature that gives your article the opportunity to be republished by other ezine and newsletter publishers in your niche or a related one.

As you pointed out, GoArticles' main page highlights the top 5 articles in 4 specialized categories. Each has a convenient hyperlink that takes you to the full content of those categories. One could argue that that presentation strategy is a better utilization of page real estate than EzineArticles'.

The astute article marketer would know how to study the articles and authors in those featured categories in order to:

1. get fresh article ideas
    2. sample keyword interest
    3. scope out the competition
    4. see what distinguishes top authors

Internet Marketers are always urged to find their Unique Selling Proposition (USP) to separate themselves from the pack, so we shouldn't expect two article sites to be identical in their offerings. A certain degree of overlap is inevitable because the core objective is the same.

However, each site ought to have additional, unique embellishments that make it "different" and more appealing to its following. That difference, however, does not necessarily translate to better.

Hermas
  9. gridellas New Member

I personally think EZ is a better directory just because I have had more success with it than Go. There are many pros and cons to each.

With EZ it takes a long time to work your way up the pyramid so you can get your articles approved faster and they do not accept affiliate links anywhere.

GoArt on the other hand accepts whatever links you have and your article is posted in 24 hours.

But like I said before, I have received more exposure and better PR with my articles through EZ than with GoArt. I continue to use both of them.
  10. Kecia08 New Member

I'd have to say EzineArticles.com is better. They have stricter rules, which means better quality content. Also, they seems to rank higher in Google. Which that being said, GoArticles is easier to get your writing approved, and you can insert affiliate links inside.

I personally use both.
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Shiva,

Lots of great feedback in this thread. I think that Hermas explained it best. The bottom line is that both are excellent article directories and you should try them both out to see for yourself.

~Newbie Shield~
  12. srama3 New Member

Newbie Shield: Lots of great feedback in this thread. I think that Hermas explained it best. The bottom line is that both are excellent article directories and you should try them both out to see for yourself.
    Thanks for summing it up Newbie Shield
  13. OzSurveys New Member

Yeah gone are the old days of submitting to lists of dozens of directories as it can actually back fire on you! Unfortunately I tried this strategy back in january and got my ezine account frozen. So a big warning to obey all the ezine rules or they will strike you down! On a positive note they have kept some old articles running on the account and I continue to get traffic from them [IMG]
  14. ryanjones07 New Member

Go articles has banned all my articles. i don't know the reason. Can anybody explain it why it happened?

[Link removed - Admin]
  15. KB24 Member

Ezine is better but I would submit them to both..
  16. wealthbuilders New Member

Submit to both definitley, and look into ArticleBase. They approve your article within the day most times. Seems like my articles have better page ranking on Google with the ArticleBase article then Ezine sometimes. GoArticles often supercede my Ezine articles too. Give it a try in addition!
  17. narelleyeates New Member

Seems like there's a common theme arising here. I too prefer EZine despite their many rules. If you are going to submit your article to other sites as well though it's best to wait a few days after submitting to EZine because they will not publish your article if they find there are duplicates [IMG]
  18. daymo New Member

hi everyone

just thought i would throw in my 2 bits worth about ezine and goarticles..

Its true that both directories are good and probably the best 2 on the net to submit to.

i recently noticed at GO they have stopped letting you register with free email accounts so you need your own domain now to set up at goarticles.

i think ezine definitely has more exposure on the internet engines like google and, yeah there are many rules at ezine but i prefer it and the content on there is better
  19. talfighel Silver Member

EZA is the best of them all. I am not too sure how many there are online in terms of article directories but again EZA is the biggest and best.

Tal
  20. anthony2313 New Member

I have to agree...Ezine Article is the best on the net.

There very tight with there rules.

If you follow there rules and write good articles you

should recieve alot of views and clicks