Golden rules to follow when working from home

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by barbara20, Sep 19, 2013.

1. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Well said! :)

ghomveld likes this.
  2. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

"It takes money to make money" is a phrase that has always stuck with me. When I started my first job, a paper route (ok, I'm showing my age), I had to buy (invest money) the bags to carry the papers. As I continued to make more money, I purchased better equipment, a bicycle and a wagon, to make my job easier. Even though the publishing company was paying me to deliver their papers, and before I made one dime, I had to invest in equipment, albeit just paper bags.

I believe that in every business, traditional or online, you will have to spend "some" money to make money, even if it's just to purchase business cards. If you wanted to start an online business but didn't have a smart phone, tablet, or PC, wouldn't you need to purchase one of those devices? What about an Internet connection? As I mentioned, it takes money to make money.

I believe if someone invests money in their business they will be more committed to the business, and will put in more of an effort. Like some people say, "you only get what you pay for." If you don't invest any money, what do you have to loose? Nothing! So, how much do most people make? Nothing! There are a lot of scams out there, so use discernment when making any business decision, but plan on spending some money.

ghomveld likes this.