Google Adsense: Part time income

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by sarpras, May 24, 2007.

1. madnawat New Member

hi,

Google Adsense is the best thing on the internet to earn money, many average people with little scripting knowledge are making great money.

1. To participate in adsense you must have a blog or website.
    2. Know about the terms of service and adsense program policies very very nicely...most important is to know "what not to do, rather then what to do here"
    3. Never try anyting that voilets adsense policies in order to get traffic, as adsense program is too good to loose!
    4. Allow your website, 6 to 8 months, keep promoting it and adding new content on regular basis.
  2. aleker New Member

Thats pretty amazing, so far I only managed to make 20$ hopefully more at the end of the month.
  3. Jenny New Member

Adsense is really a good income if you have some good niche and great and quality content on your website.I am also earning part time from google adsense and its been great working with adsense
  4. emmakelly New Member

Hi

I have been internet marketing for 6 months after coming across a company on the internet. They built my website (i have 4 now) and give regular one-to-one training over the phone of face to face if you prefer.

At first it was hard but with the support of the company and the training i get - this is the most important thing - i am now making good money.
  5. hyperexplosion New Member

emma HI!,

How much did you pay for the website? I can't afford a really nice one but i really want people to come to it.

do you lingk your websites together or competelely different? like separate sites?
  6. just4funoutlet New Member

Google adsense is working great for me, but I have also found dozens of legit work at home business opportunities.
  7. busoppreviews New Member

I tried adsense and got my account closed. They said they detected "invalid clicks" but they weren't caused by me.

A friend had the exact same thing happen.

So don't expect to get paid, many people get their accounts cancelled when it's comes time for Google to pay. It's a very unfair system to the innocent.

Naturally no guilty parties can slip through the cracks, but as a result of their tight rules people get cancelled when they didn't even do anything wrong and Google don't care. They have an appeal process but that didn't work either.

It's a pity because my friend makes good money with adsense and I had hopes of following in his footsteps. Now that's not possible.

It would be nice if Adsense would actually work with publishers, or just not pay for the clicks they deem "invalid". At least pay us for clicks they deem valid instead of just cancelling us all together.

It doesn't make sense either as they earn money off our clicks. Why cancel the account when they can just ignore the invalid clicks ? Seems strange. They are reducing their potential profits by cancelling all these people.

Does anyone know a good alternative to Adsense ?
  8. kenyeap New Member

Well,if your site have high traffic,adsense surely is money maker for you.[IMG]
  9. Newbie Shield Gold Member

busoppreviews: I tried adsense and got my account closed.
    Hi busoppreviews: Sorry that happened to you.

busoppreviews: Does anyone know a good alternative to Adsense ?
    Yes, here are some:

Chitika
    Bidvertiser
    Text Link Ads
    Clicksor
    Adbrite
    Yahoo
    TargetPoint
    ContextWeb
    Vibrant Media
    Microsoft (not sure how it will pan out now that they are with Yahoo)
    Value Click Media
    Miva (some have complained about this one - bot clicks perhaps)

Some require qualifiers - x amount of traffic, etc...

You'll have to look closely at the T.O.S. for each.

~Newbie Shield~
  10. busoppreviews New Member

Thanks for the Alternatives

Can you shed some light on them ?

ie which one(s) have the best payout. Some must be comparatively better than others.

Are they all contextual ? Does Google have the monopoly on this or what ? I have already tried Clicksor and only got pennies per click, unlike Adsense.

Thanks
  11. debbystewart New Member

Just curious, how much are you making with Google Adsense if you don't mind sharing.
    Google Adsense pays so low. It is hard to imagine someone making a living from Google Adsense unless they have a very popular website.
  12. busoppreviews New Member

Well as I said earlier my account was closed with no trial or jury.

But my friend who got me into this is making about $2000 per month and thats always growing.

I took him over a year to get to that point and he was showing me the ropes. That's why I am so annoyed because I had the potential to be in the same boat as him.

If you know what you are doing you CAN make a living with Adsense, but it's also risky as they can pull the plug without a seconds notice and you haven't got a leg to stand on.
  13. happywife Gold Member

debbystewart: Just curious, how much are you making with Google Adsense if you don't mind sharing.
    Google Adsense pays so low. It is hard to imagine someone making a living from Google Adsense unless they have a very popular website.

Yes, you do have to create a 'popular' website, which takes time and effort, but you CAN make decent money with Adsense. I make several hundred dollars per month with Adsense, and expect that to increase as my sites grow in traffic and popularity.

It's not get rich quick at all. I would advise that you only use Adsense as ONE of your monetization options so that you have others to rely on if it becomes necessary. But I would certainly recommend Adsense as a viable option.

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. Newbie Shield Gold Member

busoppreviews: Thanks for the Alternatives

Can you shed
    some light on them ?

ie which one(s) have the best payout. Some must be comparatively better than others.

Are they all contextual ? Does Google have the monopoly on this or what ? I have already tried Clicksor and only got pennies per click, unlike Adsense
    Hi busoppreviews,

You're welcome.

Since you got banned from Google Adsense I would say that most of them would be better than nothing.

Google delivers the most relevant ads, which would also result in the most click throughs, which would then result in the best payout.

As for best payout aside from Google, it depends upon the niche. That's something you'll have to experiment with to find out. Furthermore, you might even try using two at a time to test.

I would talk to Google. Ask them what happened and what you can do about it.

~Newbie Shield~
  15. busoppreviews New Member

Talk to Google ?

I'd LOVE TO !!!

But that's impossible. All responses are scripted. I'd be surprised if there is actually a real person who looks at the appeals. It appears to be fully automated.

If there's a way to talk to someone to find out exactly what happened and how to rectify the situation I'd LOVE to do that, but as far as I know it's impossible..

In fact it's somewhat of a joke. They send you an email stating they have detected "invalid click" activity and you should stop it or your account will be banned.

But that's ridiculous !!! They are basically saying "you need to stop these complete strangers whom you do not know nor do you have any way of contacting them, nevertheless please stop these misc people from clicking in ways we do not like"

How is ANYONE supposed to be able to prevent invalid clicks ? It's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE and yet Google make the publisher responsible for the actions of COMPLETE strangers.

I don't think I have seen a more injust system than this. What further boggles my mind is if they are able to detect invalid clicks, why don't they just ignore them ? If I can provide $100 per month in valid clicks but $1,000,000 in invalid clicks, then by cancelling me they are losing out on the $100. Surely they can just ignore the invalid clicks and still protect their advertisers ?

Well who am I to have an opinion ? Google make billions per year and I make barely anything. So I guess I am completely wrong about this and Google is God. They can do what they want when they want and every action is perfect and just makes them more money than before, right ?

OK I guess I'm done ranting now. [IMG]

I am looking into Affiliate programs like Amazon. Maybe I can be just as profitable without adsense ? Time will tell .....
  16. joanpeterson New Member

How about using something like chitika.com?
  17. elle14 New Member

This is a good plan. I'm also planning to earned more money online. Reading this topic really inspired me to work better.

Originally posted by debbystewart Just curious, how much are you making with Google Adsense if you don't mind sharing.

I'm also new in this field, I just started 7 mos. ago. And now I get $200 with my blog. And I'm happy for it. I also handled it by optimizing my blog. It also takes time to build up your traffic.
  18. SonyaP New Member

I use adsense and chitika on my sites. Yes, there is always the possibility of getting banned from adsense. That's why it's so important to have multiple streams of income. You cannot put all of your eggs into one basket.

I really like chitika because they actually audit your account every month to eliminate you being paid from possibly "invalid" clicks. So with chitika, you never have to worry about that.

I really wish adsense did the same. it's so easy to get banned these days, and I hear they are being more harsh on newer sites.

I make a pretty decent amount with adsense, but I'm always looking for other ways to monetize my site.
  19. joanpeterson New Member

Besides using adsense or chitika, one could consider selling space for banners but only if your website gets enough traffic that would justify doing so.
  20. Lee768 New Member

Have google adsense on my site. Think you have to have $100 in account to receive it ( although currency has now changed to pounds for me - not sure how it affects it) . I have followed the TOS but only have around ??8 in my account, lol. Haven't considered alternatives, might be worth me having a look.