Google Adwords - Helpful for article website.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sarpras, Jun 23, 2006.

1. sarpras

sarpras New Member

I want to use Google Adwords program for advertising my website.

Main income source of my website is Google Adsense Program.

I invest money for Google Adwords. Can I get good return from Google Adsense program?

Please solve my problem using your experience.
  2. netjobs

netjobs Member

This is called Arbitrage... its pretty much risk involved, uptoday there is no ban for this from google, but u should have good knowledge before trying that, easily u could loose ur money, so for I heard very few people getting good returns on this...

First check ur competitors using google search with ur keywords, there should not be much competition for the keywords of ur campaign, don't increase the cost per click (CPC) to $0.05, u should design the landing page pretty much neat not only having adsense and also some contents and links...

but think again, there is lots of free traffic resources out there, search, search and search, visit webmaster forums, learn the basics, one good place to learn internet marketing www.webmasterworld.com

- Jai
  3. inter

inter New Member

It won't be easy to make adsense income by using only google adwords. I think inspite of using google adwords (CPC $0.05) you need to advertise on some other cheap pay per click search engines. It will be better to add some other affiliates link to your site.
  4. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

Google has made some changes to Adwords. It has become more difficult to make money with this program. Please read the modified terms of use. The minimum bid had been increased.
  5. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

I'm not a big fan of adwords, even though I do get traffic from it. Its a fairly competitive market and takes a while to get high-converting campaigns going. There are lots of other smaller PPC engines you can advertise on cheaper. There are some links on my site to a few useful things for generating traffic.

Search engine postitioning is really important if you are in it for a long haul, especially if your site has relevant information people will want. In my experience there are few viable shortcuts in Internet Marketing. Folks jump on the adwords wagon because it does work okay, but it has some weaknesses I mostly discovered through running my own campaigns.

Branding your site as a go-to resource is a good way to position it in front of people. I don't know if the forum in your sig line is the site you are promoting. The site has a PR of 2... you can definitely do better without spending much. I got my site to a PR4 by hardly spending anything. I mostly made a lot of links on free classified ad networks. Most ad networks don't work for this, so don't waste your time trying to get Search Engine positions with them.

I have talked to more than one peron who tried to make money with adsense and did not. Adsense has a virtue in that by featuring adsense on your site Google links to it and gives you credit for the link.
  6. Looking

Looking New Member

You can get a good return from Adwaord if you do it right.
  7. razorlgacy

razorlgacy New Member

It is hard to get cheap keywords on adwords. Try other promoting techniques and always SEO. Keyword rich content is the advantage in the long run.
  8. hilmark

hilmark New Member

Google adwords can be very costly if you do not know what you are doing. Also all of the free advertising avenues are a waste of time. My very best results have come from very good ezine solo ads. They have produced every time.

Joe
    [Link removed - Admin]
  9. bigpip

bigpip New Member

Adwords has gotten so competitive lately, but be weary of other PPC (especially the smaller sites). I have noticed a lot of click fraud at a couple of them. Adwords still works great for me, but you really have to be on top of your game. Arbitrage works also, but it's often hard to find .05 keywords in a competitive niche (which is why you are doing arbitrage in the first place, to get clicks on high-paying competitive ads). I know some people making thousands with arbitrage alone, but it's too risky and time consuming for my taste.
  10. annex

annex New Member

I tried Rent-a-List and it is not bad at all for the price.
  11. pcwork

pcwork New Member

It is not very easy to make money using Adwords arbitrage, try using other free advertising methods
  12. Dave B

Dave B New Member

You can make money (lots) with adwords but you MUST know what you are doing and you need a guide...

Article marketing with a blog is a great free way to test the waters

Dave B
  13. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Quoting: Dave BArticle marketing with a blog is a great free way to test the waters

Take a look at Dave B's blog - he has some very good information on the subject! [​IMG]