Google Analytics Lesson Pre-Season

Discussion in 'Thirty Day Challenge' started by VictoriaNTC, Jul 1, 2009.

1. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have loved Google Analytics for quiet some time.
    Today, I watched the #30DC Pre-Season lesson on it as a refresher.

Getting to know this incredible free tool is so important and useful.

You will find new keywords and new ideas for additional posts or pages may come.. I am sometimes surprised how people find my websites.

Just a thought....[​IMG]
    Victoria

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Victoria,

Google Analytics is a great tool. For the not-so-seasoned, it's a good idea to install it but not look past what you've mentioned - phrases that visitors used to arrive on your site.

Else it can get quite overwhelming quickly - especially since everything else is so overwhelming already. To many it would appear to be sophisticated and confusing.

Stat Counter and AWStats are better suited for the beginner.

Even so, once marketers get a ways into the intermediate stage, they should start to tweak around with Google Analytics to learn some of the additional features. It can also be used with PPC as well.

I like Google Analytics.

~Newbie Shield~

3. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

I began the 30DC today. I'm a bit confused. Should I view all the preseason stuff first or begin the program and view those other things when told.

Also, should I sign up for Market Samurai's 40 free trial now or at all?

Just looking for some sort of sensible, orderly appraoch to all this information. Thanks in advance.

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi matbay44,

Don't bother with any of the preseason stuff.

You can start the free MS trial right now but keep the pace so that you finish the full 30DC before your trial runs out.

~Newbie Shield~

5. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

Thank you for the advice. I checked some of that stuff out and it's quite confusing I'm on day 2 of the 30 DC and would be onto day 3 but I'm stuck on a nich idea. They don't explain if the idea itself matters or if it's just for learning purposes. But I did learn a bit about how to utilize the Samurai in the process by trying out different niche ideas.