Google Page Rank Zero

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by inter, Apr 22, 2006.

1. inter

inter New Member

Hi,

My website got links from some highly PR site for my related keyword. But my google page rank is zero. Anybody can help.

[Link removed - Admin]
  2. netjobs

netjobs Member

Usually it takes sometime, you cant expected immediately a pagerank after getting a good high PR as inbound link

Quoting: interMy website got links from some highly PR site

whats the PR of the site u exchanged the links...? its also depends... The main thing for running a website is to have patience... so keepup ur work going and returns will get u soon... [​IMG]
  3. ga082003

ga082003 New Member

yeah this is something that has worried...
    I am getting over 1000hits a day on my site ...yet my pagerank is zero......seems something is wrong ......
    Normally how much time does it take for page rank to show after the website launch
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I think it'll probably take more than 6 months for PR to show for new sites.
  5. netjobs

netjobs Member

Quoting: Vishal P. RaoI think it'll probably take more than 6 months for PR to show for new sites.

Nope... one of the my sites get pagerank within 2 months and amazingly it got PR4 and another site stays PR3 for 1 year... so its been getting good link exchange with a higher PR site or google measuring a period for PR like quarterly, yearly like that...!!!

I dont remember I made link exchange with a higher PR site with my new site (PR4) and I think probably I placed some ads in classifieds sites, might that sites get a good higher PR, while my site links places on their site, it could be the thing that my new site gets a PR4 and its my prediction only...

Try placing some ads in classifieds sites and wait for some time.. it could help u though...

- Jai
  6. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

It took four months for my site.
  7. mgm75

mgm75 New Member

Honestly Page Rank has no real meaning. It is just google hype. I know people that make a full time living with their sites and don't have a pr above 3 or 4. Do you know why?
    They care less about pr and more anout building a quility site with QUALITY back links.
    Don't worry about pr...really
  8. inter

inter New Member

Honestly Page Rank has no real meaning. It is just google hype. I know people that make a full time living with their sites and don't have a pr above 3 or 4. Do you know why?
    They care less about pr and more anout building a quility site with QUALITY back links.
    Don't worry about pr...really

mgm75

But before exchanging link with other sites webmasters looking the page rank of a site.
  9. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

I have also wondered why people seem so intent on competing with their visitor hits - it also is like mgm75 stated - it's quality that matters. It doesn't matter how many people visit your site if they don't buy something from you - whether its a product or a service. Same with PR - I'm sure a higher PR helps, but I don't think it's essential for success.
  10. misty

misty New Member

I have had my site online for less than 3 months and from the start concentrated on linking with other sites with a similar theme. Lately too I have been seeking to link with sites having a higher PR than I have, working on the theory that the search engines will be more favorable to my site if I link to these sites. I believe this is paying off because my Alexa position has increase dramatically (over 4 million places during the last couple of months or so).
  11. iceni

iceni New Member

Googe puts all new sites into the 'sandbox' for 6 to 9 months. The reason is that so many thousands of scam Adsense sites are coming out each day they cannot cope with them, most do not last 6 months so the first theory is that ignoring them - they will go away.

The other thing Google are doing is getting 'real people' to check out the sites - this takes time. You then get a PR which is what Google thinks of you and no-one else really. Google wants content - something for the person going to your site to read - if you do a search on Blogger you will get one of the senior employees blogs which helps me at least to understand what is going on as they seem to move the goal post everytime I think I understand.

If the PR box is grey and not white you may be banned. To test this, search for your site, even if you are not showing in the search engine they should have found you after about a month - if you are not there at all you may be banned.

I have a PR5 and was never very high in Google for my chosen keywords (well I might have shown on page 5 or 10). One day I found my site at No1 for a totally different reason on another search in Google so I have gone with that.

One day I will understand it all - or maybe not - that is far more likely [​IMG].

Di
  12. Candle_lady

Candle_lady New Member

Hello!

How can I find out what my Google Page rank is for my website?

Thanks! [​IMG]
  13. netjobs

netjobs Member

14. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

High PR and #1 spot on a Google may be related but they are not the same thing. I have had sites with 0 PR get to #1 for a search phrase.
    PR is nice for bragging rights. It sort of show you have some savvy about SEO issues. I got a PR4, never bought a link nor begged for one. I pretty much got there by creating a lot of inbound links.

Does having the four PR help me? perhaps only as much as people are impressed. I'm really not convinced that PR has a lot of bearing on how you get ranked for Google searchphrases.

Its good to have PR, but I would rather have no PR and lots of real traffic.
  15. franky

franky New Member

Just check whether Traffic to your site is coming or not by website statistics.
  16. lovetthosting

lovetthosting New Member

I think that it is more important to concentrate on making your site appealing to visitors so that they will want to link to it. You can't go wrong by making an appealing site with good content and one that offers good value. [​IMG]

Why not just go to the source?
    Google Webmasters Information
  17. twdisney

twdisney New Member

My site Disney Collectibles Group has the same rank. I know that I have many visitors and provide quality content. I think it is just a matter of time. My site is less than 9 months old and from what I am reading it just takes time.
  18. loupurdie

loupurdie New Member

Pagerank isn't the be all-end all when it comes to ranking a site - Google will be the first to tell you that. And the pagerank that you see in the toolbar is dated/incomplete information anyway. From a content standpoint, they're employing that phrase in their title, url and content in a way that appears to be highly relevant to the search. They also have an older domain, established in 2002 - that's just hitting on a select few factors, there's many more that go into it. What's your url?
  19. Multimastery

Multimastery New Member

PR, although good to have is overrated. Just like the previous poster said "Google update PR on 27th June after long time'. This goes to show you that it's not consistent and is not even a strong priority for Google if they lag in updating it. It's just something else they put in place just to do something.

Pagerank is supposed to indicate the quality of a website, and the higher the PR is supposed to indicate the better the quality is as compared to other sites. However, I have seen some downright crap webpages rank high, and some quality pages rank quite low. So it's just not a consistent and reliable gauge. Not at all.

Also I've noticed that PR has nothing (or very little to do) with search engine rankings. I've seen sites with little to no PR out rank high pagerank sites over & over again. Amazing huh? So you decide how much you want to get caught up in all this Pagerank hooplah.

Best to concentrate on making your webpages/sites the best they can be with valuable content, and stop being concerned about things like PR that you really can not control and is oftentimes dished out unfairly.
  20. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Focus on building links to your page. Your goal is to be on the first page of google for your keyword. You do that by providing quality content. Leverage other sites. Make sure you go an comment on other blogs in you niche. Also social site.