Great Tip To Become More Productive!!

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by MyFreedom, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ryanbiddulph New Member

This is solid advice for any work at home newbie.

I check my email once a day. First thing in the morning, that's it. It took me months of wasting time fiddling around with my email - checking every half hour for opt-in's or subscribers - to learn this valuable lesson.

Sometimes I intentionally go a full day without checking my email. One of my biggest attachments was number of opt-in's. If I got "X" number one day I needed to have a few more the next. When I didn't, I became frustrated and would check the email every few hours. Mistake! My purpose is not to check emails. It's to provide value for others. The profits will come when you aren't concerned with the outcome since your focus will be on providing value.
  2. MarketLifelines New Member

MyFreedom
    You are very right. If you quantify the length of time that we waste through distractions everyday, we probably lose three full days every month. Turning off the email alerts is a good way to save time.

More critically is where and how we work at home. We must always designate a 'sacred' work space which we treat as we would a formal office. This should be a no go zone for kids. Kids can really distract. In fact if possible, have a totally separate room as an office.

Planning our time is also critical. When one has a prioritized daily to-do list, they are focused and less prone to detraction.
  3. A8ch Gold Member

ryanbiddulph: One of my biggest attachments was number of opt-in's. If I got "X" number one day I needed to have a few more the next. When I didn't, I became frustrated and would check the email every few hours.
    I smiled when I read that statement. It reminded me of myself when I was starting out. I guess the behavior is understandable. When you're new at online marketing, any positive result lifts your spirits; and when nothing seems to work it can be a real downer.

ryanbiddulph: The profits will come when you aren't concerned with the outcome since your focus will be on providing value.
    Solid advice indeed! When you switch your focus from numerical results to "providing value" as you put it, the results just seem to keep balooning.

MarketLifelines: Planning our time is also critical. When one has a prioritized daily to-do list, they are focused and less prone to detraction.
    In conjunction with planning our time and preparing to-do lists, it's imperative that we also cultivate the discipline to actually implement the plan. A plan that's not acted upon is useless.

Procrastination, fear and uncertainty are among our biggest dream stealers, and the surest way to overcome them is to ACT decisively!

Hermas
  4. trish777 New Member

Planning our time is also critical. When one has a prioritized daily to-do list, they are focused and less prone to detraction.

I agree with this statement. As I read this thread I was waiting for someone to say this.

I think it is vitally important to decide first thing before starting or the night before what it is exactly you want to accomplish on the current day and then do that before you do anything else.

Success to us all!

Trish...............[IMG]
  5. amicof Member

Completely agree!
    And I would add to schedule your email reading for a specific time of the day. I receive tons and tons of email with intriguing proposals.

Reading while you are immersed in a project can significantly slow you down...