Hard time completing surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by msdz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. msdz

msdz New Member

First off I want to say hi cause I am new to these forums, howdy.

I had looked through some of these forums and found some links that others had posted so people can get some information about the sites that actually pay out. I want to thank those people for doing this cause it has made it a little easier for me to get started and actually find trustworthy sites that actually aren't scams.

My biggest problem is I had noticed most of the online surveys I do I am not able to get completed. My thoughts for the survey ending are because of geographical location. I live in West Virginia and it seems that as soon as I am asked about what state I live in or asked for my zip code the surveys end.

Does anybody else have this happen to them a lot? Also, have any of you lied about where you may live so you can complete the surveys. I had talked to a person I know and they said they always lied about where they lived, they got on Mapquest and picked a location such that was pretty well populated and then got the zip code as well just so they can get more points/cash.

I know I have done countless surveys with them ending stating I do not qualify, I know it has to be where I live cause it is almost instantly ended as soon as that question is asked/answered.

What should I do to be able to complete a survey? Lie about where I live? I hate to do that cause these surveys are supposed to help people out but if others do it then I guess I would too, I just want to see if others do lie about where they live just to complete a survey.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I would probably lie as those surveys have given me upset stomaches, heart burn, headaches, insomnia, and if I would start on them again - divorce![​IMG]
  3. msdz

msdz New Member

I guess that is what I will do, lie about where I live.
  4. pdean37

pdean37 New Member

what is the deal with online surveys....do they work....i see a lot of adds for them...has anyone made any money
  5. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

I tried the whole survey thing.

I did hundreds of surveys an never actually made a dime. [​IMG]

Unless proven otherwise, I think it's waste of time.

I would love to hear from anyone who's actually had success doing surveys.
  6. msdz

msdz New Member

I am making some money, it is not much yet and may not turn into much but I do not look as this as a "get rich quick" type deal. It is far from that.
    I have done a bunch of surveys only to be turned down it seems by the fact of my geographical location. The ones I have completed in the past 1-2 weeks I have already made about $20 and I noticed today more replies in my email from more companies asking me to do surveys(from the ones I have signed up for). Who knows, it may turn out to be a decent way for me to bring in additional cash into my household. That is how I am looking at it anyway, just a little extra cash to help out.

Most At-Home jobs I can not do cause I don't have a regular phone line as well, I use VOiP phone service. I don't plan on getting a land line unless I had a job already lined up but of course they want the land line to already be installed, so I guess that leaves me out. Most of the At-Home jobs I probably would not qualify to do anyway.

So, I guess for the additional income I will stick with surveys for now. Also, the online surveys that happygal has listed in her blog and some other people on these forums seem to be doing good for me so far, as I said only been doing this about 1-2 weeks and have already seen money sent to my Paypal account with others I can cash out on with checks being sent to me. Maybe looking at happygal's blog and other peoples listings of survey sites that actually pay out would help you as it has me so far.
  7. Louidam1

Louidam1 New Member

I do online surveys on Cashcrate which is .80 cent each and you can do two a day. I do these every day and make up to $50 alone just doing surveys. Cashcrate also has offers you can complete for money as well.
  8. happygal

happygal Member

I do tons of surveys...all legit and all free to join.

No, I would not recommend lying about where you live. Personally, I just couldn't do that and also, it can and will like catch up with you. Meaning, the surveys companies have the information you used to sign up and it is quite easy to compare that from survey to survey. If you suddenly go from 2 kids to 6 it may call out some flags...or if you move 4 times in a year [​IMG]

How many sites are you with? Which ones? Those kinds of things make a bigger difference than adjusting who you are from survey to survey.
  9. Louidam1

Louidam1 New Member

Don't lie on surveys. It will catch up to you and you will find your account on the site your on suspended!!!
  10. msdz

msdz New Member

I decided against it a while back. As I said, surveys are to help the consumer, which in the end is myself, so how is that going to benefit anybody if the people taking the surveys are lying. I have gone through about half or maybe a little more of the survey sites you have listed in your blog so far happygal, I am slowly getting signed on to a lot of them anyway. I started at the top and worked down on the list you have, I also saw another person on the forums had a site that also had a listing of survey sites that they thought were really good, basically the same survey sites as yours happygal.
    Anyway, I figure it will take some time for me to make money due to my location and I might as well accept that.
  11. happygal

happygal Member

I think you made the right call. Good luck and remember, it takes time.
  12. kristan

kristan New Member

Some sites seem to cater to specific areas; I know there are some that I qualify for and another friend rarely does and the situation is revered with other companies. Be sure to join as many sites as you can, to increase your chances of finding a place that seems to cater to your area.

Most sites have profiling sections that you can fill out. It's important to do that, so you'll get surveys directed to you FOR your area and you'll spend less time completing a survey partially through only to find out you don't qualify.
  13. mlynn

mlynn Member

I have done paid surveys for over 4 years, and I still only qualify for one third of the surveys I get. It's way it is. You just have to sign up with as many as legit survey sites as possible to get more invites, so even if you qualify for only 20-30% of them, you still make pretty good extra.
  14. vmohan123

vmohan123 New Member

I've got the wonderful yet unfortunate situation of being a member of the media, which dooms me to a 0% qualification almost instantly. One door open, one door closed.
  15. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

the one survey site I visited asked for my ss#. I wasn't about to give it out!
  16. citabria

citabria New Member

Hi Happygal,
    I am a new member to the Forum. I have never done any kind of "job" from home like doing surveys where one actually gets paid. I own a home business but it is not going well because of the economy (I am in health & nutrition products) so am thinking of doing surveys for extra income. I really would appreciate it if you give me some pointers on how to start, and where can I find some of the"scam-free" sites.
    I like this forum very much because everyone has some great ideas and I like your advice that you gave to that young guy about not lying. I agree with you.

Thanks!

DesertGal
  17. happygal

happygal Member

Thanks for the nice note. I will send you a PM.
  18. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

wahl2008: I tried the whole survey thing.

I did hundreds of surveys an never actually made a dime.

Unless proven otherwise, I think it's waste of time.

I would love to hear from anyone who's actually had success doing surveys.
    I have been doing online surveys now for over a year. It does take time to get it going good. For example:
    I started in my spare time to make a little extra money. It did, but then my normal job decided to change my hours on me. Pushed me up from 8 hours a day to 12 hours a day 5 days a week. On top of that I have a 2 hour commute ( round trip ). That don't leave much time for surveys. In October I was laid off.
    I purchased a new TV at just over $1000.00 in September, thinking that I could pay it off quick with all the extra money I was earning at work. Well you know how that went for me.
    I ended up doing surveys again, and it started to build up quick. That TV was paid off earlier this month. I paid a little of my own money for it, but most of it came from doing surveys and getting others to join. It's not enough to live off from, but it sure does help. Hey, I got to keep my TV.
  19. GARYFOREVER

GARYFOREVER New Member

hi
    i have found in the past that most suveys don't pay
    they tend to give you credits that take forever to collect and or pay out in cash
    you must have a lot of time on your hands to make any money
    and even at that it's not very much money
    i make 1% interest per day
  20. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

No, I wouldn't lie either. I am in agreement with those that mentioned "it catching up with us" if we lie. Integrity is important even if a company may not have it. I am new here also, and am in the process of "signing" with as many legit companies as possible. Then, I look forward to the first survey I actually am sent[​IMG] I know it will come as I have read many testimonies of folks that are earning money doing the surveys. No one has boasted of making any big bucks(I think the most I've seen so far posted was 400 a month)but I am just going to do what I can do and don't have any expectation of becoming financially wealthy from this. But slow and steady, like the tortoise[​IMG] I may be able to bring in enough to take care of my simple needs.

Thank you to all who have helped with their testimonies and also, for pointing out the "best" sites to sign up with. It saved me lots of time and research. No one told me it would be easy either and they don't call it "work" for nothing, LOL[​IMG]

Denise in Sams Valley OR